• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 50 Year Junk Obsession
9 9

4,504 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Robot Man said:

While there, I ran into my Pal Ron Murray. He sold me a cool Haunt of Fear #17 with the 3 Ghoulantics on the cover. Tough book. It wasn't the prettiest copy but I needed one. He had it priced at $150. and told me to make an offer. I told him how about $100. and he said he was thinking $80. What a great guy. Thanks Ron, I love it!

Here he is working his magic in Terry's booth...

IMG_0681_zps03htpgz8.jpg

working for Carbo? :jokealert:

Edited by Azkaban

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

I have no idea who these girls are supposed to be but I was attracted to the colors. Great outfits. The yellow girl was a real sweety but the blue one gave me look that could kill. Probably firgured I was a dirty old man...

IMG_0697_zpsp5reg2ll.jpg

Robot Man

Thanks for the detailed report. 

These two cosplay girls are dressed as Star Wars  Twi'lek and first appeared in the horrid Phantom Menace.

How was the parking?  I have not been to Anaheim Convention Center in over a decade, but like the location much more than Staples.

Had a quick lunch and made it all the way back to the comic book closet to hit up my buddy Terry. Had an amazing wall as usual. I didn't get much from him since I just hit him hard at his show a couple of months ago. Did get a couple more "teenage" books and a few others. He apparantly got a few doubles of some of them and some new stuff that he hadn't had at his show. Sorry, Rick, I looked for a better Willie #15 for you but came up dry.

IMG_0680_zpsioilfffp.jpg

IMG_0679_zpszosnrcbb.jpg

IMG_0678_zpsk6rqb619.jpg

AMF  2/10 up on the rack

2 hours ago, Robot Man said:

There was quite a bit of Art even though I don't dip my toes there. I was a little tempted but I drooled and moved on. Here is some of Beccara and Saul Zimmerman's offerings.

IMG_0686_zpsplogulct.jpg

anyone know who the seller was for the GRUTO splash page and maybe how to contact them?  I would love another Kirby pre-hero splash depending on price.

47 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

anyone know who the seller was for the GRUTO splash page and maybe how to contact them?  I would love another Kirby pre-hero splash depending on price.

If the seller is Bechara Malouf, his website is

Nostalgic Investments

Unfortunately, his website is not up to date and I could not find the GRUTO splash there. 

1 hour ago, BitterOldMan said:

Robot Man

Thanks for the detailed report. 

These two cosplay girls are dressed as Star Wars  Twi'lek and first appeared in the horrid Phantom Menace.

How was the parking?  I have not been to Anaheim Convention Center in over a decade, but like the location much more than Staples.

Parking as a breeze Ray. I got there a couple hours early and drove right in. I was then able to slide into the show early with my regular badge behind a couple of exhibitors...

Now, now, now, not in my thread please. Take that over to general... (It was a joke guys)...

Just joking, great pics :applause:

5 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Here's Brad showing a couple of beauties from this collection.

IMG_0696_zps2bhlbmob.jpg

Two goods ones!  If he wants to part with that Peanuts 1 ....

Great con report.  Thanks for posting it. 

10 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Wow @Robot Man

Awesome show!! I might have to fly out there next year. I have not seen Harley since '93 and he looks almost exactly the same.:applause:

He doesn't change maybe a little more weight 

Thanks as always for the awesome report and pics, Robot Man! I can live vicariously through you - imagining it's me cruisin' the room and scooping up all that 40's and 50's goodness.

And of course it's always great to scan the wall books and lust after all the ones I'll never own like (swoon) All Winners 1, (melt) New York World's Fair, and (sigh) All-Select 1.