• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 50 Year Junk Obsession
9 9

4,504 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Two goods ones!  If he wants to part with that Peanuts 1 ....

Great con report.  Thanks for posting it. 

It was still up on the wall with a price on it when I left on Sat. I didn't ask because I don't have any interest in it. I don't imagine it was cheap but Brad is always real fair on his prices. 

25 minutes ago, PopKulture said:

Thanks as always for the awesome report and pics, Robot Man! I can live vicariously through you - imagining it's me cruisin' the room and scooping up all that 40's and 50's goodness.

And of course it's always great to scan the wall books and lust after all the ones I'll never own like (swoon) All Winners 1, (melt) New York World's Fair, and (sigh) All-Select 1.

Tell you what Pop, Wizard World Chicago is coming up in a few months. Go, do a con report and make ME swoon...

23 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

It was still up on the wall with a price on it when I left on Sat. I didn't ask because I don't have any interest in it. I don't imagine it was cheap but Brad is always real fair on his prices. 

It was best offer over $10k (for the high-grade Peanuts 1).

7 hours ago, comicjack said:

AMF  2/10 up on the rack

Yes, it was at Terry's and was a nice looking copy in the mylar - from the "tape" (and amateur resto) collection that surfaced back East last year, they're on ebay quite a bit too.

When priced right, they are worth a look (my USA 7 came from that collection).

I enjoyed WonderCon (all three days), it was hit-or-miss and is best described as a mini-SDCC. The convention center is across the street from Disneyland, but the local authorities do a good job controlling and dispersing the crowd so traffic wasn't quite as bad as I expected.

Happy with my pickups (sorry, no photos at the moment) like Action 17 (slight resto), Police 10, Negro Heroes 2, a couple early SA Flash books, and a small pile of Bakers. 

Chatting with a plethora of boardies is always a highlight of any Con for me.

Some books regretfully passed on were All Negro Comics (CGC 6.0, nice paper), Canteen Kate #1 (CGC 8.5, nice paper), and the aforementioned Peanuts 1 (CGC 8.0, nice paper).

One interesting story from the Con centered around March of Comics 1 (Goldilocks), which a dealer had on his wall. None of the other dealers had seen it nor were they aware that it was a first issue (promo), so they stopped balking at his high price. I went home and checked one of my cheap boxes, and sure enough there was a high-grade copy sitting right there.

Will "Wonders" never cease. :)