• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 50 Year Junk Obsession
9 9

4,504 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

donwinslow1_zps430db4b5.jpg

You have had an effect on myself and others going outside the comic book realm and also start chasing stuff like this ( my pinback collection is growing -Hakes). 

Always showcasing cool unique items RM! :golfclap:

Just now, sagii said:

You have had an effect on myself and others going outside the comic book realm and also start chasing stuff like this ( my pinback collection is growing -Hakes). 

Collecting "outside the comic book realm" is a natural extension!
My most exciting recent purchases, beside the comics, are WW2 leaflet and propaganda papers.
And surely Robot is an inspiration in this!

10 minutes ago, sagii said:

@vaillant sounds cool. When time permits please showcase them one day. Don't forget to notify me with an @ please.

I have so many things to sort out, and as far as comics goes it’s time consuming to scan european journals, as they require to be scanned in two parts, they do not fit the scanner’s bed.
I post just a small thing that I believe in some way fits in Robot's thread with its "patriotic theme": this one has been trampled by various boots and shoes, but managed to survive in Italy. :D

M200iYHh.jpg
K1kLniAh.jpg
ou1caMQh.jpg

Edited by vaillant

9 minutes ago, vaillant said:

I have so many things to sort out, and as far as comics goes it’s time consuming to scan european journals, as they require to be scanned in two parts, they do not fit the scanner’s bed.
I post just a small thing that I believe in some way fits in Robot's thread with its "patriotic theme": this one has been trampled by various boots and shoes, but managed to survive in Italy. :D

M200iYHh.jpg
K1kLniAh.jpg
ou1caMQh.jpg

@vaillant wow, that's some historical document there! :golfclap:love anything WWII related. Thanks for posting sir! 

31 minutes ago, sagii said:

Glad to be an inspiration Corey. I'm just trying to say, I love my comic books first and foremost but the other stuff is fun and challenging to find as well. Just a tip, Hakes is great for the rare stuff but so many pinbacks go sooooo cheap on ebay these days. Do some seaches on a regular basis. LOTS of deals. A Capt. Marvel Shazam pin went for $465. in the CC auction that is common at $50. all the time. Get the Hakes premium book to see what is out there and go for it!

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

comticktoktales19_zpsy4b7jv6m.jpg

Great thread RM - love the patriotic covers.

Just a thought on this one, I can see the cover artist, having been assigned a flag illustration, slapping his forehead and muttering "flag cover - that's 48 bloody stars!"

"Hmm. It's just for little kids, most of them can't count - I'll squib it with an "artistic license reduction". If the editor complains, I'll shove a few more stars in the margins".

56 minutes ago, Duffman_Comics said:

Great thread RM - love the patriotic covers.

Just a thought on this one, I can see the cover artist, having been assigned a flag illustration, slapping his forehead and muttering "flag cover - that's 48 bloody stars!"

"Hmm. It's just for little kids, most of them can't count - I'll squib it with an "artistic license reduction". If the editor complains, I'll shove a few more stars in the margins".

Blame Mr. Bedrock, he made me buy it...

1 hour ago, Sqeggs said:

I'm a day late, but you missed one of my favorites.

RAD30E9E2016824_111544_zps0opc7sjo.jpg

Nice one Tony. I probably would have posted it but don't have a photo of my copy. It wouldn't compare of course, to your beautiful Crowley checking copy. Speaking of Jr... I forgot this was in my bucket. I like this one a lot with the war theme and all.

comcaptmarveljr25_zpszhzhomwn.jpg

7 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Nice one Tony. I probably would have posted it but don't have a photo of my copy. It wouldn't compare of course, to your beautiful Crowley checking copy. Speaking of Jr... I forgot this was in my bucket. I like this one a lot with the war theme and all.

comcaptmarveljr25_zpszhzhomwn.jpg

One of my favorite covers.  Still looking for a copy.