• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 50 Year Junk Obsession
9 9

4,504 posts in this topic

Capt. Flight #5 another classic "Hooded Guy" cover. Hot babe going into some weird torture machine. Good thing "R" man busted in...

comcaptflight5a_zpsheritowm.jpg

one of my all time favorite covers..can you post the splash page..is there GG art inside...thanks you are the best...

Capt. Flight #5 another classic "Hooded Guy" cover. Hot babe going into some weird torture machine. Good thing "R" man busted in...

one of my all time favorite covers..can you post the splash page..is there GG art inside...thanks you are the best...

Thanks Mitch. Tell you what, you post one of those beautiful Timely " Hooded Guy" covers that I'm sure you have, and I will dig it out again and post some interiors shots. Fair enough?

OK, you guys, I did my part to get this party started. Let's see YOUR "Hooded Guy" covers (or splashes).

You sure did Robot Man, you got a TON of sweet books dude!!! (worship)

Heres another Schomburg, "Hooded Guy" cover that I am pretty fond of...

15306364793_2d3063f5f9_b.jpg

Thanks Mitch. Tell you what, you post one of those beautiful Timely " Hooded Guy" covers that I'm sure you have, and I will dig it out again and post some interiors shots. Fair enough?

My guy who helps me post is in england and won't be home until the summer...are you going to SDCC? I would like to post about 400 items..

Edited by Mmehdy

OK, you guys, I did my part to get this party started. Let's see YOUR "Hooded Guy" covers (or splashes).

You sure did Robot Man, you got a TON of sweet books dude!!! (worship)

Heres another Schomburg, "Hooded Guy" cover that I am pretty fond of...

15306364793_2d3063f5f9_b.jpg

Yeah, that's a good one I was too lazy to dig out!

My guy who helps me post is in england and won't be home until the summer...are you going to SDCC? I would like to post about 400 items..

Hey, if an old dummy like me can figure it out, you can. PM me and I'll tell you how. I haven't been to San Diego in 3 years and doesn't look like I ever will again. Just too much hassle and expense. I hate crowds as well. Not to mention the "lottery" system for tickets, hotels, parking ect. I will be going to the Portland Antique Expo show instead.

Trifecta Sagii: Joe and Jack, hot dress, and Starr 'Deep-Fried' Flagg!
lol you remember that. But really, i stated before, your article in CBM that featured the cover of Manhunt 2 in full page form spawned my love for that run. Thanks and thanks! (thumbs u

Rangers Comics #21. Maybe my favorite Rangers cover. Oh, look at the colors! I once had a better copy without the grease pencil scribble but it was a little faded so I "upgraded" to this one.

comrangers21a_zpsfokionum.jpg

Don't forget these two when contemplating the best Rangers cover.

IMG_20140826_0003_zps825fb35c.jpg

IMG_20130323_0003_zps2e8df95f.jpg

Thanks Pat. That's some creepy stuff.

It IS creepy stuff. I think it's also one of the reasons masked heroes exploded here in America. The country had a cultural awareness of masked and hooded vigilantes going back 75 years by then. (and not just those creepy guys, there were others related to religion, and secret societies.)

Cartoonists first caricatured them, then fictionalized them, and eventually... realized that some of this iconography could be transformed and used for good as well as evil.

155526.jpg.4d3a6d9b540bea3b0a32a2ba391f0666.jpg