• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 50 Year Junk Obsession
9 9

4,504 posts in this topic

Okey-doke, I guess it's about the right time to post my B-day covers! :headbang:

The latest...

c41236b2-788d-4784-9bc9-ca2375194d44_zpszdnkraqm.jpg

[font:Times New Roman]Pen/ink commission[/font]

An older one...

FenconProgram1-A1.jpg

[font:Times New Roman]Oil (program cover)[/font]

And a unique one from last year...

371520ad-81f1-411e-a2a4-50179e65f4a1_zpslgztradh.jpg

[font:Times New Roman]At Mariano's, a year ago in Arlington, TX[/font]

I may post another before midnight tomorrow today (hey, Bob, you requested 'em!) ... lol

Okey-doke, I guess it's about the right time to post my B-day covers! :headbang:

The latest...

c41236b2-788d-4784-9bc9-ca2375194d44_zpszdnkraqm.jpg

[font:Times New Roman]Pen/ink commission[/font]

An older one...

FenconProgram1-A1.jpg

[font:Times New Roman]Oil (program cover)[/font]

And a unique one from last year...

371520ad-81f1-411e-a2a4-50179e65f4a1_zpslgztradh.jpg

[font:Times New Roman]At Mariano's, a year ago in Arlington, TX[/font]

I may post another before midnight tomorrow today (hey, Bob, you requested 'em!) ... lol

Awesome stuff Cat :) And Happy Birthday!

Alright, maybe time to switch gears. A while ago a did a little subset on sexual enuendo covers. I had these as well but thought I'd save a few. These are Archie publications. I don't have a whole lot of Archies but have managed to find a few interesting ones over the years.

I will get the obvious one out of the way right away...

combettyampme16_zps5xgq3tbk.jpg

An interesting item came in the mail today. Got this Babe Ruth mechanical bat pencil off the Bay. What made it more interesting to me was what it said on it. "Official Babe Ruth Sports Comics", "Harvey Comics Group" and "Distributed by Publisher's Distribution Corporation". Where did this come from? Was it a premium from Babe Ruth Sports Comics? I can't find any offer in the 8 or so issues I have. Or, was it a giveaway possibly to newsdealers from the distributor? I love premium comic book related but this is a mystery to me...

baberuthpen1_zpslhscwgga.jpg

baberuthpen2_zpsdxeztldm.jpg

An interesting item came in the mail today. Got this Babe Ruth mechanical bat pencil off the Bay. What made it more interesting to me was what it said on it. "Official Babe Ruth Sports Comics", "Harvey Comics Group" and "Distributed by Publisher's Distribution Corporation". Where did this come from? Was it a premium from Babe Ruth Sports Comics? I can't find any offer in the 8 or so issues I have. Or, was it a giveaway possibly to newsdealers from the distributor? I love premium comic book related but this is a mystery to me...

baberuthpen1_zpslhscwgga.jpg

baberuthpen2_zpsdxeztldm.jpg

Great rare item, unseen by most, terrific pickup yada yada yada BUT you have to tell me what kind of search algorithm on eBay produces this in the search result.

"Comics" is just too broad - even "Harvey + Comics" would produce a large search field.

Are you really looking for "Mechanical Pencils"? "Babe Ruth"?

This enquiring mind would like to know.

I found it in Golden Age Comics - Sports. I do a "new today" search in GA comics everyday. This popped up and I watched it for a week. When the time came, there was one bidder. I knew I wanted it so I popped in bid and got it! I think it ended on a Friday or Saturday which helped me quite a bit. Now, I'd love to find out how it was obtained.