• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I wish this board had "Like" and "Dislike" buttons

228 posts in this topic

A good way to cut down on the useless chatter is to look at the list of top posters and put the top 5 people on ignore - just sayin' :whistle:

and the posters that feel it necessary to sign every post they make.

Sorry you guys feel this way.

Oakman-who doesn't give a rats azz.

Is it me or are people more sensitive than usual around here lately?

Everyone's bought into that 'microaggression' thing-it's made em all touchy

Is it me or are people more sensitive than usual around here lately?

http://www.med.nyu.edu/content?ChunkIID=96685

Symptoms

Passive-aggressive behavior includes:

Contradictory and inconsistent behavior—A person with this behavior pattern may appear enthusiastic to carry out others’ requests, but purposely performs in a manner that is not useful and sometimes even damaging.

Intentional avoidance of responsibility—Some behaviors that may be used to avoid responsibility include:

Procrastination—to delay or postpone needlessly and intentionally

Deliberate inefficiency—purposefully performing in an incompetent manner

Forgetfulness

Feelings of resentment toward others

Stubbornness

Argumentative, sulky, and hostile, especially toward authority figures

Easily offended

Resentful of useful suggestions from others

Blames others

Chronically impatient

Unexpressed anger or hostility

Guest Grails

Not a fan of facebook and the whole LIKE thing. I don't even know why they added it to CAF. If I like something there, I'll save it or comment on it.

A good way to cut down on the useless chatter is to look at the list of top posters and put the top 5 people on ignore - just sayin' :whistle:

and the posters that feel it necessary to sign every post they make.

Sorry you guys feel this way.

Oakman-who doesn't give a rats azz.

:)

the like feature on a social network is to show people what you are looking at in hopes that they might also like it and sp0read it around like a virus aka going viral.

similar to twitter re-tweets but less in your face about it unless you follow a bunch of people on twitter, which I don't really use.

on a message forum it is pretty much useless short of caring what people are reading which is sort of obvious by the number of posts in a thread in the first place.

personally not a fan of twitter, facebook, or any social media other than a handful of forums that discuss my interests

the like feature on a social network is to show people what you are looking at in hopes that they might also like it and sp0read it around like a virus aka going viral.

similar to twitter re-tweets but less in your face about it unless you follow a bunch of people on twitter, which I don't really use.

on a message forum it is pretty much useless short of caring what people are reading which is sort of obvious by the number of posts in a thread in the first place.

personally not a fan of twitter, facebook, or any social media other than a handful of forums that discuss my interests

heart.gifsteveinthecity likes this

We haven't had a Cal sighting in a while, huh?

Didn't he post yesterday? Or was I dreaming?

Just checked his posts- you must have been dreaming. Looks like he was last scene in the coin section on Christmas.

No, he posted in Claudio's thread, the posts must have been pulled. He was not happy about the writing contest...

Look down at BB8's post he even mentions Cal;)

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8288816&fpart=4

Calamerica wasn't happy? I refuse to believe that. :o

Maybe we could rate posters. A star system would work well.

Yes! You beat me to it! lol

The newbs have no idea what this is about.

Stars...

:cloud9:

Thooooosssse were the days...

Many a hissy fit thrown. :cloud9:

When did that all change? 2007?

I don't remember, but I DO remember it was UTTER...CHAOS...

:ohnoez:

:whee:

Pretty sure it was well before 2007...

I got here in January 2007 and it was in place for awhile.

I got here in January 2007 and remember nothing.

:sumo:

I got here in 2006 and don't remember it being in operation. (shrug)

I would get so much use out of passively aggressively disliking everything

It does sound like much fun to be had. :cloud9:

We haven't had a Cal sighting in a while, huh?

Didn't he post yesterday? Or was I dreaming?

Just checked his posts- you must have been dreaming. Looks like he was last scene in the coin section on Christmas.

No, he posted in Claudio's thread, the posts must have been pulled. He was not happy about the writing contest...

Look down at BB8's post he even mentions Cal;)

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8288816&fpart=4

Calamerica wasn't happy? I refuse to believe that. :o

He was exactly who I was thinking of screwing with if there was a dislike button lol

meh

If you really can't stand people that sign their posts, just put us on ignore. I have been doing this longer than I've been a member of this site, and I am not stopping now.

-slym

I don't give a rat's one way or another but you have to admit, it's completely superfluous. It's not like we need to see '- Slym', or 'Peace, Chip' to know it's you guys. (shrug)