• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I wish this board had "Like" and "Dislike" buttons

228 posts in this topic

We haven't had a Cal sighting in a while, huh?

Didn't he post yesterday? Or was I dreaming?

Just checked his posts- you must have been dreaming. Looks like he was last scene in the coin section on Christmas.

No, he posted in Claudio's thread, the posts must have been pulled. He was not happy about the writing contest...

Look down at BB8's post he even mentions Cal;)

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8288816&fpart=4

Calamerica wasn't happy? I refuse to believe that. :o

I saw that - and I was bummed I missed a CAL sighting. I wonder what issue he took with the writing contest?

Has the OP returned to impart any more wisdom upon us?

I unlike your post. :baiting:

I have too many posts - just put me on ignore.

lol

If I did put Comicoctopus on ignore, half of the boards would disappear. :insane:

Just kidding.

Maybe we could rate posters. A star system would work well.

Yes! You beat me to it! lol

The newbs have no idea what this is about.

Stars...

:cloud9:

Thooooosssse were the days...

Many a hissy fit thrown. :cloud9:

When did that all change? 2007?

I don't remember, but I DO remember it was UTTER...CHAOS...

:ohnoez:

:whee:

Pretty sure it was well before 2007...

I got here in January 2007 and it was in place for awhile.

I got here in January 2007 and remember nothing.

:sumo:

I got here in 2006 and don't remember it being in operation. (shrug)

I thought it was earlier as well, circa 2006 or so but I found this thread so it must have been mid way through 2007 when they did away with them.

Was that about the time that the boards changed their appearance? Maybe they both happened at the same time.

Star System was deep-sixed a fair amount time before The Great Change, maybe 6-12 months? It was very disorientating at first, although the uproar was exponentially overblown. Poor Arch. lol

Isn’t that when everyone lost their custom titles, too?

meh

If you really can't stand people that sign their posts, just put us on ignore. I have been doing this longer than I've been a member of this site, and I am not stopping now.

-slym

I don't give a rat's one way or another but you have to admit, it's completely superfluous. It's not like we need to see '- Slym', or 'Peace, Chip' to know it's you guys. (shrug)

hm

- RMA

meh

If you really can't stand people that sign their posts, just put us on ignore. I have been doing this longer than I've been a member of this site, and I am not stopping now.

-slym

I don't give a rat's one way or another but you have to admit, it's completely superfluous. It's not like we need to see '- Slym', or 'Peace, Chip' to know it's you guys. (shrug)

hm

- RMA

:grin:

Ditch7200D7F0_zps5caa9db3.gif

Star System was deep-sixed a fair amount time before The Great Change, maybe 6-12 months?

That's how I remembered it too but why did Bronze Bruce then start his thread mid 2007? ???

It was very disorientating at first, although the uproar was exponentially overblown. Poor Arch. lol

That was an uproar unlike I'd ever seen online since!

lol

And what was most interesting was that it was only the comic forums that complained. The money forums barely noticed.

Star System was deep-sixed a fair amount time before The Great Change, maybe 6-12 months?

That's how I remembered it too but why did Bronze Bruce then start his thread mid 2007? ???

It was very disorientating at first, although the uproar was exponentially overblown. Poor Arch. lol

That was an uproar unlike I'd ever seen online since!

lol

And what was most interesting was that it was only the comic forums that complained. The money forums barely noticed.

I would have loved to have witnessed the crushing wave of butthurt. :cloud9:

The change to the boards was definitely in July of 2007 and that was when PM's went to being threads rather than individual replies (which was possibly the best change I've ever witnessed here).

I am completely at a loss as to when the star system went. I've always known it as something that happened before I got here. ???

The major flaw of the ignore system, of course, is that they can still see YOU, and still try to interact with you and others in the same conversation.

If there was a real ignore system, where the posts of another person completely vanished, even when quoted, that would be a very, very good thing.

I'm ignored by some people that I am sad to see feel that way, and I'm sure there is mutual loss of life enrichment, and there are some people who ignore me that I am very glad do. I'm sure there are people I ignore that don't deserve it, and there are some that do. And there are some people I've taken off ignore, and some people who have done the same with me. Some I keep on ignore out of habit, even though I think we have both reached a détente ( :hi: Tranny!)

Such is life.

What IS silly and most juvenile is announcing that you're ignoring someone. Just do it and be done with it.

meh

The major flaw of the ignore system, of course, is that they can still see YOU, and still try to interact with you and others in the same conversation.

If there was a real ignore system, where the posts of another person completely vanished, even when quoted, that would be a very, very good thing.

I'm ignored by some people that I am sad to see feel that way, and I'm sure there is mutual loss of life enrichment, and there are some people who ignore me that I am very glad do. I'm sure there are people I ignore that don't deserve it, and there are some that do. And there are some people I've taken off ignore, and some people who have done the same with me. Some I keep on ignore out of habit, even though I think we have both reached a détente ( :hi: Tranny!)

Such is life.

What IS silly and most juvenile is announcing that you're ignoring someone. Just do it and be done with it.

meh

I am ignoring you, I dislike this post and I unfriend you.

logo.jpg

I think I have hit all the buttons correctly...

Such is life.

meh

ignoreyou_zps3305461a.jpg

The change to the boards was definitely in July of 2007 and that was when PM's went to being threads rather than individual replies (which was possibly the best change I've ever witnessed here).

I am completely at a loss as to when the star system went. I've always known it as something that happened before I got here. ???

I lost all of my PM's with the big switch. Even though the star rating system was around for 2 1/2 years, I don't believe I ever rated a thread.

Never put anyone on ignore, or hit the notify button either.

You probably just decapitate boardies that annoy you with your log splitting axe. hm