• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AF15 5.0 CGC Blue-Label... sold for $6,200!?? Is this for real!?

27 posts in this topic

His feedback has nothing to do with comics, and his one and only comic for sale just happens to be an af 15. I'm skeptical....

Edit: after a little digging, it looks like this seller copied an auction from sept 2013, linked below. He must have saved the pictures (but, notice, the pictures are not expandable in his auction):

http://www.greatestcollectibles.com/top-comic-books-sold-ebay-september-2013/

His feedback has nothing to do with comics, and his one and only comic for sale just happens to be an af 15. I'm skeptical....

Edit: after a little digging, it looks like this seller copied an auction from sept 2013, linked below. He must have saved the pictures (but, notice, the pictures are not expandable in his auction):

Wow. I was thinking either someone got the deal of the century, or it was too good to be true.

That's pretty clear scam.

Wow. I was thinking either someone got the deal of the century, or it was too good to be true.

Sometimes a deal of the century happens. I remember someone hitting the BIN on a raw comic on ebay for $200 and selling it for 20K after slabbed.

Sometimes a deal of the century happens. I remember someone hitting the BIN on a raw comic on ebay for $200 and selling it for 20K after slabbed.

Fuelman!

Fuelman!

Yep! (thumbs u It's worth at least 30K today.

Fuelman!

What was the comic?

Fuelman!

What was the comic?

Action #10 Graded a 3.0

Fuelman!

What was the comic?

Action #10 Graded a 3.0

Yeah, that whole deal played out a little like this... (Or exactly like this...)

152233.jpg.0d6d20c705b3fedb07c89a20d87387d4.jpg

152234.jpg.5f4fad3c4199f3e21007b662fc6d8069.jpg

Fuelman!

What was the comic?

Action #10 Graded a 3.0

Yeah, that whole deal played out a little like this... (Or exactly like this...)

Legendary :cloud9:

I sold this book a long time ago. I wrote the description as well. I actually did call CGC and got the 3 graders grades. You could do that back then.

Did all three give it a 5? Doesn't that mean your book should've graded a 15? :cool:

Fuelman!

What was the comic?

Action #10 Graded a 3.0

Legendary :cloud9:

What's really terrifying is that the description of the condition of the book suggests whoever assessed the book knew what they were doing. When it came to pricing they had a stroke. Perhaps they totally screwed up the listing and meant to have a reserve and just a starting bid at $200??? Ebay allows you to claim a messed up listing though.

Holy moly.