• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman Ashcan Scan

143 posts in this topic

if you do not like Batman comics scan do not reply, i thought some comic guys would find it interesting and maybe a little topic for discussion.Otherwise I am happy with my book and golden age interior which is inside is Detective #37 batman story only. Any questions in regards to if it is real all i can say is it smells real to me , and that is all that matters, anyone that has anything constructive to say post otherwise go look for your own under the Alamo or in your kitty litter box, I thought this forum was for discussion not third degree on every post someone makes, so happy comic searching!!

raven thumbsup2.gif

I don't get it, first you start this thread:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=694515&an=0&page=0#694515

Your own first two posts on that very same thread:

Anybody saw or know of this book , Gary said it may exist the holy grail of ashcans maybe, but no ones knows for sure. So let's see if we can all do a little bit of digging .

raven news.gif

anybody have scan of the cover to batman ashcan

raven

So now you say you have this book,...... yeahok.gif

Now that is a fair and honest question I have lots of key golden age comics I have been collecting for a while, actions 1-24 missing a few non sup covers , detectives 27 to 37 missing 1 non bat cover 32 , and a few old ball books, just thought I would put some feelers out to see what I could hear back!!! As for tracking a book down in one day , I do not think so, that would be impossible! By the way the picture in scan is a photocopy of actual book .

raven

Only problem I see with the Batman pic is there are no staples on the front cover. The Superman ashcan has staples that go through the book from the front cover through to the back cover. The Action #1 ashcan has the same thing. All the ashcans have staples that are easily seen on the front cover. At this point the scan is too small to say what what we are seeing.

Can you scan the back cover for us?

Where are the staples on this book?

West

if you do not like Batman comics scan do not reply, i thought some comic guys would find it interesting and maybe a little topic for discussion.Otherwise I am happy with my book and golden age interior which is inside is Detective #37 batman story only. Any questions in regards to if it is real all i can say is it smells real to me , and that is all that matters, anyone that has anything constructive to say post otherwise go look for your own under the Alamo or in your kitty litter box, I thought this forum was for discussion not third degree on every post someone makes, so happy comic searching!!

raven thumbsup2.gif

Thanks Grog. How's that 3rd grade education working out for you? Maybe you should stop sniffing your comics (and any organic solvents for that matter) and bone up on your grammar skills.

Hmm, well this thread turned out to be a complete waste of time. Raven, I think you just ensured that none of us will be looking at your future postings. Happy ashcan hunting. hi.gif

Goodwill® Hunting ! hi.gif

that is not even a real detective #35 wrong colors.

fine, okay, here's another image- the first one was off of the GCD, this one is from Metropolis... Is this one "fake" too... I know Vincent posts here. Are his images "fakes"?

tec_35_01.jpg

those lines you are talking about are on the scanner image not original image , just to let you all know think what you all want , I thought this would be a good discussion

Ummm... that's not a scan, it's a photo... Even if your camera is messed up, why are the lines only in the black ink part of the image?

that sliver above batman's head is white on the original like i said before took picture of comic bad picture then i scanned it and posted it .

Again, that's a photo, not a scan... And you are admitting to being the owner of this "ashcan"?

Otherwise I am happy with my book and golden age interior which is inside is Detective #37 batman story only. Any questions in regards to if it is real all i can say is it smells real to me

Okay, does anyone else think it's "interesting" that the person who is heavily advertising for bits and pieces of early key DC's is now posting images of a very dubious "Ashcan"... Okay, maybe it's just me. No judgements!

By the way the picture in scan is a photocopy of actual book .

Well, that pretty much settles it, doesn't it... First it's "the book", then it's a scan of a photo of the book, and now it's a scan of a photo of a xerox of the book...whew! I'm out of breathe!

last post i make on this subject to those who do not want to look at this post: one staple is threw the B in Batman the other staple is in the guys shoulder. Back cover has ad page pistol airplane typical ad for the period.All of you believe what you will! As for a guy with all bits and pieces of comics that is of my parts not my comics have a real good collection of gold keys.Just trying to put comics back to complete.Do not judge me , for you do not know me . No one asked you guys to look at my post on Batman Ashcan , so in future ignore my posts in you want but for those who thought it was an interesting post enjoy Batman Ashcan I will try get a bigger scan of front and back and inside pages.

raven bumpit.gif

hate to break it to you but they do! wonder woman does , superman comics does, flash comics does , superboy does not , and i am not sure about all star comics, check it out for yourself ,either ask this question to someone else or check out heritage past auctions and you will see.

Hey Raven just one question why all the talk with a "forked tongue"? One minute your looking for this book and then the next you hint like you own a copy but its still not clear and then you ramble on about people judging you? You new here yet you seem to get your rocks off by being jackarse. So don't judge me, you don't know me. No one asked you post in this forum so if you don't like to read my future posts then goodbye. sleeping.gifmakepoint.gifbumpit.gif