• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THE 2015 SKETCHCOVER SUPER/MEGA THREAD

502 posts in this topic

So this happened....

56DFA3C5-262F-4D0E-A72A-57DDC1B0679E_zpst5pzotry.jpg

I saw that book and immediately knew it was yours! Congratulations.

It's funny you said that as apparently multiple individuals had seen it throughout the day and were asking me if it was mine. I guess everyone knows my taste by now.

Also not a sketch cover though but something done for me as a gift from another by Mark McKenna.

DCED9B9D-0A2B-4FF7-819A-694E059F3AEC_zpsinfifqdc.jpg

Was a really cool gift and gotta say even my wife loved it as he really captured my son's face with it.

:applause: That's awesome.

I flew from Michigan to Washington for ECCC, so I wasn't leaving without a bunch of covers

Tigra by Garrett Blair

tigrasketch.jpg

King Sombra by Matt Fletcher

sombracover.jpg

90s Bishop by Phillip Sevy

Bishopheadshot.jpg

Pony Jam, Amy Mebberson did the lower left corner at ECCC

ponyjam.jpg

Robin Hood, Amy Mebberson

Robinhoodcover.jpg

Luna headsketch by Tony Fleecs

lunaheadsketch.jpg

Jean Grey/Black Queen by Humberto Ramos

blackqueensketch.jpg

Just got photos of my Oliver Nome sketch to be picked up at WonderCon.

178828EE-08F7-4AB6-999B-09956CC3F5A0_zpsfdvqgqn8.jpg

If you don't know, Oliver has since undergone multiple surgeries for Brain Cancer... Using the big name for it just sounds scary... And currently is having some other medical issues due to the cancer and his treatments. You can reach him via facebook or Instagram and if you have time check out his GoFundMe page as well. Gotta say I really appreciate the sketch and hope things get better for him.

http://www.gofundme.com/olivernome

This was supposed to go on a sketch cover, but I was convinced by a friend that I'd get my money's worth by going for the 11x14.

IMG_20150404_163558_868_zpshoujce9f.jpg

Finally got my JSC Emma Frost sketch colored by Nei Ruffino

IMG_20150404_163717_414_zps4pwv71tj.jpg

Your Jurgens looks amazing! I didn't know he was currently doing commissions?

Thanks! Yeah, it was weird because I contacted him in advance and he seemed unsure but then the day of the show he had prices advertised at his table (which is kind of uncommon, since he was only doing DC booths for a while). Totally forgot to show this to Neal Adams, who was nearby.

Another year another Wondercon! Had a great time and I was able to get all the sketches I wanted. Here's what I got:

Bombshell Harley by Keron Grant.

The artwork he had on his table was awesome, so I had to get a sketch from him. I have mixed feelings about it. Let me know what you guys think about it:

IMAG2215.jpg

Original Superman Vs. Doomsday by Ken Lashley

One of the nicest artist I've ever met. I will always get a commission done by him if he ever comes back to CA. Sorry I totally forgot to take a close up picture of the book. I believe if you click on the image you can get to the photobucket page where you can zoom in on the picture:

IMAG2212.jpg

Bombshell Harley by Ken Lashley

IMAG2210.jpg

Angela by Ale Garza

IMAG2208.jpg

And Gwen Stacey by Ale Garza

IMAG2214.jpg

These are all at CGC now. Can't wait to get them back!