• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If pigs had wings, could they fly?

88 posts in this topic

Friends like trying to help friends sell things.

+1

When I catch one of my buds on here selling a book, I usually bump it with a positive comment.

Although the comment: "Sweet, let me know when you put it on ebay with a .99 starting bid." is kinda awesome. lol

I personally have no issue with it. Got a sales thread going right now, feel free to drop by and have fun. :)

As for the comments? The only time I've ever made it myself are on the super high end books that I'd never be able to afford but also haven't seen in that particular condition.

I can't imagine the seller minds!

Better than "ooh I'd buy that, if only for the the fact that it's over graded and I've seen six listed at 1/3 the price on ebay right now."

Anyone else get tired of hitting a sales thread and seeing non buyers post "If.....I would buy "

Or is it just me (shrug)

I only do that while waiting for the seller to scan the books for the thread.

"I can't believe anyone collects that stupid book, but GLWTS anyway."

A year ago, maybe more, someone was running a thread selling a run of the Gold Key Magnus books. A very high post count boardie felt obliged to post something along the lines of "Nice books. I don't why nobody collects them any more." I felt obliged to buy a few. :D

Dropping in and saying something nice moves the thread up for more viewing,Which in turn brings more interest sometimes in the post for the seller,or maybe not. :)

Anyone else get tired of hitting a sales thread and seeing non buyers post "If.....I would buy "

Or is it just me (shrug)

If pigs had wings, could they fly?

And here I thought the subject was the legitimate quesion. :tonofbricks:

My answer was going to be "Sure". I mean if Sub-Mariner can fly with the little tiny wings on his ankles, why couldn't pigs fly if they had wings?

Dropping in and saying something nice moves the thread up for more viewing,Which in turn brings more interest sometimes in the post for the seller,or maybe not. :)

or you could just bump your sales thread yourself like this

:bump: because I haven't found anyone dumb enough to buy my over-priced, over-graded dregs.

:jokealert: