• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Saga #1 RRP Appreciation Thread

536 posts in this topic

That's a cool sig! What stopped you from going gold? Is it the newton rings?

I didn't want to take a chance with a grade drop. I also like having two copies of my slabs. One Universal and a Signature Series. This seems to be the best of both worlds for now, till I win the Mega Millions and buy a double SS.

The Newton rings don't really bother me that much. It's the creep engine that scares me away with high dollar books.

There's an RRP on the 'bay that's a double S/S for $2499. Is that where these guys are up to these days? Still looking for mine (living vicariously thru this thread) ... http://www.ebay.com/itm/Saga-1-RRP-C2E2-9-8-SS-Fiona-Staples-And-Brian-K-Vaughn-BKV-Image-Comics-Expo-/311640638946?

That price is certainly higher than GPA.

There's an RRP on the 'bay that's a double S/S for $2499. Is that where these guys are up to these days? Still looking for mine (living vicariously thru this thread) ... http://www.ebay.com/itm/Saga-1-RRP-C2E2-9-8-SS-Fiona-Staples-And-Brian-K-Vaughn-BKV-Image-Comics-Expo-/311640638946?

That price is certainly higher than GPA.

I just lost out on a blue for $1500 too. How I long to be part of this club ...

I bought a blue label 9.8 when it was new for $300 and cracked it out to get double signed. I am almost positive mine was the first SS on the census. I am glad I don't sell things because this is one the cases of where a first to market will not be the highest price ever paid.