• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Saga #1 RRP Appreciation Thread

536 posts in this topic

It kind of depends on how you look at it. You could say only 72 9.8SS, but there's close to 200 9.8s overall. 72 SS 9.8s is a lot for a 'rare' book.

Jerome

Almost 50 of those were done by one group of people (all 2xSS), and I believe they are still selling them 1 at a time, every so often making one available.

So while 72 might exist, they are very widely spread out, being carefully sold one at a time, and if they still have a bunch, they only trickle them out slowly.

This is still one of my favorite pics :cloud9:

Saga1DiamondC2E2cgc.jpg

That's what I was referring to :) , here's a copy of the original picture.

ycmfwdB.jpg

Thanks CBT. Those books used to belong to Court. I believe he sold them all.

The Saga RRP is still my favorite modern covers. Epic cover art IMO.

Saga is still standing after its initial release and the prices have pretty much maintained for #1 and the RRP . People covet this book because they are fans of the series .

Why would someone pay that much when they could just get an SS for like $50 more bucks? I understand the auction format and that but if you were willing to go up to that amount why not just use the BIN or Best Offer for one of the SS on there?

Why would someone pay that much when they could just get an SS for like $50 more bucks? I understand the auction format and that but if you were willing to go up to that amount why not just use the BIN or Best Offer for one of the SS on there?

SS is a matter of preference. I actually like Uni better than SS.

Does Fiona and Brian plan of doing any signings together? Is it going to be harder to get the rrp signed from now on?

I don't think they've done a signing together in a few years but you can still get the book signed by both but you just have to get it done at two different events.

Is the fact that Saga does not have original comic art pages available make the comic book more desirable and expensive ?

Feels mutually exclusive to me-- although it does make a little sense considering that until recently, they didn't really have much in the way of actual merchandise to buy. So the only thing you could buy was the comics :)