• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Be careful in dealing with Mycomicshop.com !!!

221 posts in this topic

Looks like the thread got trimmed and wouldn't take my previous reply.

I've PM'd the OP and asked him the email address on his account, and I should be able to make whatever change he needs.

We *do* accept payment via check, money order, and bank transfer now. The options were added to checkout a few months ago. However, they're not available as an option on every order--by default they're only available on orders over $200.

As for the OP's request, I have more flexibility to modify/rollback an order in progress than our regular CS staff. The only thing they could have done was cancel the order so you could resubmit it with a different payment method. Anyway, should have it fixed as soon as the OP lets me know his account info.

I've PM'd the OP and asked him the email address on his account, and I should be able to make whatever change he needs.

We *do* accept payment via check, money order, and bank transfer now. The options were added to checkout a few months ago. However, they're not available as an option on every order--by default they're only available on orders over $200.

As for the OP's request, I have more flexibility to modify/rollback an order in progress than our regular CS staff. The only thing they could have done was cancel the order so you could resubmit it with a different payment method. Anyway, should have it fixed as soon as the OP lets me know his account info.

:applause: :applause:

Once again, MCP proves they're all about class and customer service. IMHO, the OP doesn't deserve it because they were clearly at fault. However, MCS goes the extra mile and solidifies their reputation. Good show!

Peace,

Chip

I can understand why they have that policy, and of COURSE there can be work arounds and special exceptions made. BUT to think that you are somehow owed a special exception because YOU made a mistake, I would be very comfortable if my employee made this call.

There are a lot of very good reasons not to allow for this type of thing.

1. What if every customer did this? If there was a huge dollar fluxuation, you could have hundreds of customers trying to arbitrage their payments. Not saying that would happen at a comic company, but that's why some companies have this policy.

2. International returns and refunds draw special flags as it relates to audits. Certainly a small number is no big deal, but if they add up....and your auditor asks you about it...of course you can explain it, but the 20 minutes it took him to find the issue, ask about it, note it, just cost the company $200, especially in a special case like this.

I don't understand how (as a fellow Canadian) he's going to avoid the exchange rate?

From my experience buying US Money Orders actually cost MORE than the exchange rate on a cc.

Unless, he's driving to the US...but then, there still is an exchange rate when you switch Can to US funds.

Like everyone said $750US = $900. No matter how you cut it, the exchange is still going to be there. Unless there is some additional fee on top of that you are factoring in.

Or maybe I'm missing something.

I don't understand how (as a fellow Canadian) he's going to avoid the exchange rate?

From my experience buying US Money Orders actually cost MORE than the exchange rate on a cc.

Unless, he's driving to the US...but then, there still is an exchange rate when you switch Can to US funds.

Like everyone said $750US = $900. No matter how you cut it, the exchange is still going to be there. Unless there is some additional fee on top of that you are factoring in.

Or maybe I'm missing something.

I couldn't get it either. I think the OP had too many redbulls and was just really really really excited about new comics

I couldn't get it either. I think the OP had too many redbulls and was just really really really excited about new comics

Perhaps.

If he goes into a bank or Canada Post and says "I need a US Money Order for $750" they will say, "no problem, that's *punch in numbers into their computer* $900 CAD."

The OP has been in touch with a nice message to me and I'm helping him out.

What I missed the first time I replied, and was maybe discussed earlier in this thread, is that the order in question has already been fully paid for, processed, and shipped. I thought we were talking about an order we were still processing. So no, our CS definitely could not have helped him--reversing the payment on an already paid and shipped order so that payment can be made by other means isn't something they're able to do, nor something that's ever been requested before.

Anyway, the OP is making his payment from his preferred funding source, and once we've received that and confirmed that it's cleared, I'll refund the charge originally made to his credit card.

The OP has been in touch with a nice message to me and I'm helping him out.

What I missed the first time I replied, and was maybe discussed earlier in this thread, is that the order in question has already been fully paid for, processed, and shipped. I thought we were talking about an order we were still processing. So no, our CS definitely could not have helped him--reversing the payment on an already paid and shipped order so that payment can be made by other means isn't something they're able to do, nor something that's ever been requested before.

Anyway, the OP is making his payment from his preferred funding source, and once we've received that and confirmed that it's cleared, I'll refund the charge originally made to his credit card.

I don't remember seeing anything from the OP that the order was already shipped.

Holy awesome customer support! If only every company offered this much help to their customers.

"Be careful in dealing with Mycomicshop.com The_investor !!!"

:D

:baiting:

Yeah, I thought Canadians were supposed to be good natured and all have excellent senses of humor. This one, not so much!

The OP obviously got frustrated and it'll be made right, but I hope he doesn't think it's being made right because he posted here and made a scene. Probably in spite of it. If he'd been calm on the phone and explained to the CSR what was HIS error and asked to speak to a supervisor if need be, this all would have been handled then.