• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Be careful in dealing with Mycomicshop.com !!!

221 posts in this topic

Alright, folks, we don't need multiple threads to say how great Mycomicshop is, just because one feels that other people sharing their bad experiences isn't reasonable.

+1

I've bought from them and will do so again, but let's not go nuts here.

I've had good and bad experiences with them.

9 times out of 10 orders over the years? No problems at all. But 2 out of the last 3 times? Nothing but problems. But I'm willing to chalk it up to them being stupid busy around the holidays & new years. I just placed another order with them last night & expect it to go just fine like usual.

I've had good and bad experiences with them.

9 times out of 10 orders over the years? No problems at all. But 2 out of the last 3 times? Nothing but problems. But I'm willing to chalk it up to them being stupid busy around the holidays & new years. I just placed another order with them last night & expect it to go just fine like usual.

Out of curiosity, what were the problems and how did they take care of them for you?

Often times I'm more impressed with how a seller handles a problem transaction than just a series of good ones.

In my experience they have always been quick to take care of the very few problems I have had with them over the years.

Well, the problems were different each time.

With 1 of the orders, they simply didn't ship it. I had used their ebay store & they marked it shipped. A few days later, when the tracking hadn't updated, I sent a polite question about it & they told me that happens sometimes. So about a week later, when the tracking still hadn't updated, I politely asked them about it again. They gave me a song & dance about tracking updates sometimes not changing again (it had always said that the carrier was waiting for it to be dropped off). Another week later, when it still hadn't changed (and I received a 2nd order that I'd placed the day before my 2nd e-mail about it), I actually got upset about it & demanded that they find the order or I'd make a complaint to ebay. The packaged showed up mysteriously, 2 days later, with the original tracking sticker covered by an over-night shipping label. They then banned me from buying from their ebay store for complaining to them & blocked me from sending them messages about the order. I have received no responses since I sent my angry message or any sort of apology for the shipping error.

(FYI,I have a 100% ebay rating for over a decade now & have never had to complain to ebay or had a complaint against me)

The 2nd problem was through their regular site. Basically, they dropped the 2 bundles of books during packing them before putting them in the shipping box, and shipped it anyway even though the whole order had a smashed corner. The box was fine when I got it (not a scratch or dent anywhere) but 1/2 of the books were trashed on the spine side & half were salvageable since the crush was on the open side & could flatten back out with the pressure of storage in my filing cabinets. It was more of the hassle of needing to ship back more than 1/2 of the books & mark which of them on my packing list were damaged for return. I'm waiting on my refund now. They were polite & helpful (if slow) in their replies when I asked about the problem & how to handle it.

I wouldn't take these as an indictment of the store, but just 2 problems that I've had recently after many years of no problems at all. I'm chalking them up to a busy holiday season, but it's alarming that I received such a brush-off & then banning just because I pointed out that they had a problem on their end with their ebay site & even after they found out, they couldn't even apologize or look into it at all.

Alright, folks, we don't need multiple threads to say how great Mycomicshop is, just because one feels that other people sharing their bad experiences isn't reasonable.

+1

giphy.gif

Sorry. I just got excited. I found a book in the condition I wanted from them, that wasn't over FMV. :o

Eh. It happens. We'll see if the refund comes through with no problems & the order I placed yesterday comes in without issue. Hopefully it was a hiccup on the shipping end due to a busy holiday season & a frustrated employee running their ebay customer service and not a decline in their service. I have enjoyed doing business with them over the years & I hope their service level returns to its previous levels quickly. They've been one of the few reliable companies with reasonable prices on a large stock of back issues.

Its not about feeling the bad experience isnt reasonable- it was shown the bad experience was unreasonable and the op was in the wrong

I think I saw 2 negative (both by very shady posters imo) MCS threads here in the last week, so I dont mind multiple positive MCS threads up at the same time. I actually enjoy it, as it possibly upsets the people who make the bad threads. They are many times (from what I remember offhand) very new posters who pop up and post irrational complaints then just take off. I suspect they go around to a number of sites and do the same things there- just sign up to basically bash MCS

(yes, Im aware that you had a bad experience with them and dont fit in that same boat)

They've 'fixed' the problem by lumping them all into the thread with the negative title. meh

Also... this.

giphy.gif

:D:baiting:

+1

giphy.gif

Sorry. I just got excited. I found a book in the condition I wanted from them, that wasn't over FMV. :o

Quotes fixed for clarity.

And I'm stealing that gif :grin:

I PM'd Doktor to get his info so I can check on his orders, and he sent me a nice reply.

Regarding the first order: ordered Sunday December 14, marked as shipped Tuesday December 16.

Unless the order is expensive, most eBay orders are shipped via our cheapest shipping method, UPS Mail Innovations. This shipping method does generate a tracking number, but it's not 100% reliable. For orders purchased through our web site, we don't even provide this tracking number to the customer, because if the tracking info isn't up to date it can cause customers to worry even though the order is actually fine. Unfortunately, due to ebay requirements, we have to provide a tracking number for everything, so the tracking number is passed to ebay even though we don't consider it especially reliable. Alternatively, we could ship our cheaper orders with a better shipping method that provides reliable tracking, but we probably would not be able to offer $4.95 flat rate shipping if we used a more expensive carrier.

Doktor messaged us December 22, saying that the tracking info still showed the package hadn't reached the carrier. We replied "Your order was shipped on 12/16/14, and will be arriving within 2-10 business days (Mon-Fri). Unfortunately, the post office does not update their website daily. We had stopped offering online tracking for orders due to the confusion and complaints we have received from our customers in regards to misinformation and unreliability."

10 business days after the Dec 16 ship date would be December 30. That doesn't mean every order will actually take that long to arrive, but sometimes things do just take a little longer to arrive or get temporarily mishandled in the postal system.

December 26 we received a new message from Doktor. Where in previous messages he was polite, here he's upset and not so polite. In a nutshell: no more excuses, find my damn order, get it to me by Dec 30 or I'm leaving a negative.

This is why our customer service staff added him to our blocked buyer list. Had he waited til the end of the stated delivery window, and reported that he still hadn't received the shipment, we would have refunded him for the order. People that demand we take action while the order could still be in transit and threaten us with negatives, we block.

As to what actually happened with the order, I don't know.

Possibility 1: the package was temporarily lost in the UPS Mail Innovations system, but this seems unlikely if it arrived with an overnight shipping label on it--I don't think they do that even if they temporarily lose a package, it would just arrive late.

Possibility 2: we marked the package shipped December 16, but it didn't actually make it on the truck. When replying to Doktor, our customer service staff thought it was shipped and in transit. At some point our shipping department came across the unshipped package and overnighted it since it hadn't gone out on time. Relevant context: we moved our entire business to a new building the weekends of December 5-7 and December 12-14. This order came in right when that move was being completed, so if ever there would be a time when something might get misplaced, it would be those few days right after the move.

This policy to block buyers is ridiculous and the very reason I won't do business with MCS.

I know you aren't losing sleep over that fact but I can't be alone in my thinking.

I've never heard of a service company treat customers like that. doh!

Regarding the second order with the bundles with the smashed corner--we occasionally hear reports like this. Not frequently, but more often than we think can be attributable to somebody on our packing team dropping a bundle of books on their corner.

When a customer sees corner damage without obvious damage to the box, they think we dropped the books before packing them up, and then shipped them anyway. We don't think that's what's happening. We believe that it's sometimes possible for books to incur this kind of corner damage due to being banged around during shipping, even when the impact doesn't crunch the outer box itself. We are investigating the best ways to address this, including custom packaging options and/or shipping everything bagged/boarded.

+1

giphy.gif

Quotes fixed for clarity.

And I'm stealing that gif :grin:

(thumbs u

This policy to block buyers is ridiculous and the very reason I won't do business with MCS.

I know you aren't losing sleep over that fact but I can't be alone in my thinking.

I've never heard of a service company treat customers like that. doh!

Um, what? Have you seen the eBay blocked buyer list maintained on these boards? With eBay rules, sellers have to block potential bad customers or they risk being almost arbitrarily being put out of business. Its nuts but it is a fact of eBay.

Now, with MCS's business web site I would hope they would handle it a little differently as there is no "Big Brother" looking over their shoulder. If he had sent a nasty email to customer service about an order being late, an order placed form their MCS website, then I would hope they would just write it off to holiday frustration and wait and see if it escalated after the 30th.