• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Be careful in dealing with Mycomicshop.com !!!

221 posts in this topic

Without starting a new thread, can mycomicshop tell me if it's possible to buy comics on their site (commission or not) with time payments?

Yes. Please contact me here or at conan@mycomicshop.com before submitting an order to confirm what you want to do. Generally prefer time payments only on purchases of $1000 or more, the first payment is a 20% down payment and is non-refundable if you later don't complete the purchase. Prefer payment within 2-4 months, could possibly do a longer term depending on the item and amount.

I wish the OP didn't use up all of his US funds...the Canadian dollar tanked even further and his 750 USD would now be worth $925 :ohnoez:

FYI this is a good reason for MCS or any other vendor to not refund money and accept another form of payment AFTER accepting the first form. International sellers could be doing random currency arbitrage things every other day.

Without starting a new thread, can mycomicshop tell me if it's possible to buy comics on their site (commission or not) with time payments?

Yes. Please contact me here or at conan@mycomicshop.com before submitting an order to confirm what you want to do. Generally prefer time payments only on purchases of $1000 or more, the first payment is a 20% down payment and is non-refundable if you later don't complete the purchase. Prefer payment within 2-4 months, could possibly do a longer term depending on the item and amount.

Could you explain how consignments are effected by you taking time payments?

My understanding is they don't. The consignor gets paid as if full payment was received and even if the payer/buyer defaults, Lonestar is at risk and not the consignor.

Conan will weigh in, I'm sure but I believe this is correct.

My understanding is they don't. The consignor gets paid as if full payment was received and even if the payer/buyer defaults, Lonestar is at risk and not the consignor.

Depending on the terms requested and the amount involved, we'll either pay the consignor immediately before all the payments have been completed (protected by the non-refundable deposit in the event of failure to follow through), or we'll ask the consignor if they're willing to sell to a time payment buyer and not get paid til the book is paid off. Either way, the consignor gets the same amount, and there are no extra fees for the buyer or the consignor.

It's still a pretty new option and not as fully automated/documented as it will eventually be, but it's already being used and helping to sell more high end books.

Depending on the terms requested and the amount involved, we'll either pay the consignor immediately before all the payments have been completed (protected by the non-refundable deposit in the event of failure to follow through), or we'll ask the consignor if they're willing to sell to a time payment buyer and not get paid til the book is paid off. Either way, the consignor gets the same amount, and there are no extra fees for the buyer or the consignor.

It's still a pretty new option and not as fully automated/documented as it will eventually be, but it's already being used and helping to sell more high end books.

If a buyer fails to complete a time payment transaction, and the seller was waiting to get paid til the transaction was paid in full, does the seller get part of the non refundable deposit? Or does it all go to mycomicshop? Just curious.

With movie hype and books going significantly up and down, it seems like there would be no incentive for a seller to take the 'wait to be payed' option.

If the seller is the party waiting for the time payments, they would receive the non-refundable deposit for the buyer having tied up their book. If we instead paid the seller immediately and then took the time payments ourselves, we would keep the non-refundable deposit if the sale did not complete.

So it says they only take CC and Paypal payments, secondly take that $750 US you have and convert it to CDN and boom you have your $900 back or 20% conversion "fee"

Jim

This, this and more this.

I buy from MCS all the time, and I am Canadian, they are outstanding.

I wish the OP didn't use up all of his US funds...the Canadian dollar tanked even further and his 750 USD would now be worth $925 :ohnoez:

Arbitrage for the win :)

Last year I was a big buyer, this year I am going to be a seller again. Gains on top of gains :):whee:

If the seller is the party waiting for the time payments, they would receive the non-refundable deposit for the buyer having tied up their book. If we instead paid the seller immediately and then took the time payments ourselves, we would keep the non-refundable deposit if the sale did not complete.

Awesome. Thanks for the clarification. (thumbs u

Despite having had problems with an ebay purchase the first time I dealt with mycomicshop, I decided, after some consideration, to give them another shot, as they were offering a better price than I found at other online retailers. Positive or negative, I'll post the results here when the transaction is complete.

I just got an order a few days ago from MCS with a weird substitution- I ordered Valiant Solar #47 in VF but received ASM #697 in Fine. The whole order (30 books) was mostly Valiant. I'm not even going to mention it to them, just re-order it next time. No biggie.

I just got an order a few days ago from MCS with a weird substitution- I ordered Valiant Solar #47 in VF but received ASM #697 in Fine. The whole order (30 books) was mostly Valiant. I'm not even going to mention it to them, just re-order it next time. No biggie.

Just PM Conan, he should take care of things as he is a board member.

Mycomicshop has been one of my top sites to buy comics from...and I'm Canadian.

Anytime I've had an issue, which is very seldom, they've cleared it up immediately.

The only issue I have with them now is their shipping cost to Canada has skyrocketed making it almost impossible to justify buying lots of $1.00 or $2.00 books from.

Of course this isn't their problem, it would be USPS' problem.