• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic Book Coin is Coming!

424 posts in this topic

Announcing the Kav Coin-this coin can be used to buy anything. I will sell you Kav Coins for $10 a pop then you can use that coin to buy something value at $100 from someone who accepts those coins.

Introducing the comic book widget

The widget represents a comic book, and can be used to redeem for that comic book

Like, if you want a DD 1, merely buy a DD 1 widget. Then you can redeem it to someone for a copy of DD 1 !!! Simple! DD 1 widget will be sold for $1000. Plus I have other widgets, Action #1 widget, Woodgod, etc-whatever you want! This makes collecting a snap!

Hey guys, if anyone wants to send me a dollar, PM me for my Paypal address (thumbs u

...I bet I get more dollars than Comic Book Coin gets "investors" lol

PM sent! Now it's official, you have them beat by one dollar. :D

I think the main point you are missing here is the fact that you guys have put way too much time and effort into something that almost nobody on planet Earf (sic) is going to buy into.

If this is a serious proposition in buying CGC graded books, really the $10 monthly GPA subscription fee is an obstacle?

This is just so flawed in every aspect.

Jim

OK, I am clearly not communicating properly.

-- We can and do subscribe to GPA. The point is transparency. For those that own the coin and do not want or have even the faintest interest in subscribing to any comics price guide, they can still check the prices online to see that we are using actual numbers. I am unsure why everyone is so concerned with this aspect of the coin. I have not gotten one question at all about this anywhere else. As I stated many times, we will switch it over if the disparity is as great as everyone here seems to feel. Again, anyone can use any method they choose to evaluate the value of the collections.

-- Many people will buy the coin. I know that many, if not most of you don't believe that, but it is true. In fact, some people are quite enthused about it. Still, if it is only purchased by me, my mother and one guy in Estonia, it will be quite easy to run the coin from that point as well. We will either keep expanding or just sell the collection, issue a dividend to the three coin holders and wrap things up. The structure can almost be compared to a closed-end fund in that way. Probably more accurately, to a foundation that tends to artwork. Either way, the structure is simple enough and flexible enough to work no matter the initial demand.

I hope that I have responded to your concerns. I understand some of your reactions, but time will tell as they say. 99% of crypto are nothing but empty blockchains. This will have assets, so right there it has a step up.

Introducing the Comic Book Coin Coin. With this meta-coin, you can purchase Comic Book Coins.

I think the main point you are missing here is the fact that you guys have put way too much time and effort into something that almost nobody on planet Earf (sic) is going to buy into.

If this is a serious proposition in buying CGC graded books, really the $10 monthly GPA subscription fee is an obstacle?

This is just so flawed in every aspect.

Jim

OK, I am clearly not communicating properly.

-- We can and do subscribe to GPA. The point is transparency. For those that own the coin and do not want or have even the faintest interest in subscribing to any comics price guide, they can still check the prices online to see that we are using actual numbers. I am unsure why everyone is so concerned with this aspect of the coin. I have not gotten one question at all about this anywhere else. As I stated many times, we will switch it over if the disparity is as great as everyone here seems to feel. Again, anyone can use any method they choose to evaluate the value of the collections.

-- Many people will buy the coin. I know that many, if not most of you don't believe that, but it is true. In fact, some people are quite enthused about it. Still, if it is only purchased by me, my mother and one guy in Estonia, it will be quite easy to run the coin from that point as well. We will either keep expanding or just sell the collection, issue a dividend to the three coin holders and wrap things up. The structure can almost be compared to a closed-end fund in that way. Probably more accurately, to a foundation that tends to artwork. Either way, the structure is simple enough and flexible enough to work no matter the initial demand.

I hope that I have responded to your concerns. I understand some of your reactions, but time will tell as they say. 99% of crypto are nothing but empty blockchains. This will have assets, so right there it has a step up.

:screwy:

GI Joe.....is......awesome?

Introducing the Comic Book Coin Coin. With this meta-coin, you can purchase Comic Book Coins.

HA! You're getting the idea! You need a "coin" first!

Crypto coins are into the hundreds of millions of dollars now (billions, if you count Bitcoin). and they don't seem to be going away anytime soon.

Crypto coins are into the hundreds of millions of dollars now (billions, if you count Bitcoin). and they don't seem to be going away anytime soon.

Not true.

I've been reading up on bitcoins-they do seem to have staying power

The downside is they can be lost to a computer crash or hard drive smash

Yes, that is very true, However, the numbers are often very close. Plus, as I stated earlier, one "bad" auction (or "good" auction) can skew the averages enormously. And we have all seen EBay auctions that are very light and others that are very heavy-- it happens.

But again, none of that prevents anyone from using any metric they want. The comic books are not going to be a secret. You and everyone else can look them up on GPA or anywhere.

Or hacker...

One problem away from huge financial disaster.

Might as well be Monopoly money.

Yes, that is possible, but if it is any kind of serious money you need to back up the wallet on a USB stick or another computer. And there are other solutions as well. These crypto coins are all still in their infancy even BItcoin, despite the fact that it is often referred to as the granddaddy of the sector.

Yes, that is possible, but if it is any kind of serious money you need to back up the wallet on a USB stick or another computer. And there are other solutions as well. These crypto coins are all still in their infancy even BItcoin, despite the fact that it is often referred to as the granddaddy of the sector.

You're silly. This is silly. Silly silly person. Silly.