• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic Book Coin is Coming!

424 posts in this topic

I read about a hard drive found in a dump that had 9 mil in bitcoins.....

Actually, I don't think the poor guy ever found it. He had "mined" Bitcoin back when it was worth close to nothing and then forgot about it until it became big -- and he had thrown away that computer!

Yeah that was it-dang

I read about a hard drive found in a dump that had 9 mil in bitcoins.....

Actually, I don't think the poor guy ever found it. He had "mined" Bitcoin back when it was worth close to nothing and then forgot about it until it became big -- and he had thrown away that computer!

Yeah that was it-dang

I am calling shenanigans.

Yes, I am sorry, I am missing the point. If the comic doesn't exist then we will never own it , of course, and will therefore not be reporting that number.

If you are saying that we hypothetically buy a comic in raw form and the get it graded by CGC and it is now the only copy, then yes I suppose we would use the number as there would be no other number to use. But again, I am unclear why this is a concern as one can use any method of evaluation they would like.

GPA most certainly does use EBay data. In fact, it is flooded with EBay data. The screenshot someone posted just a page or so ago is an exact EBay auction price.

I am an old collector, but in this forum's eyes I am sure I would be considered an amateur or a casual collector or whatever term you use. I was once very serious about it, and then for many years other things in life took over. But the bug never went away. But, I am not trying to compare myself to you guys on this forum.

I hope I answered your question properly.

Introducing the Comic Book Coin Coin. With this meta-coin, you can purchase Comic Book Coins.

HA! You're getting the idea! You need a "coin" first!

Crypto coins are into the hundreds of millions of dollars now (billions, if you count Bitcoin). and they don't seem to be going away anytime soon.

Not true.

It is true: http://coinmarketcap.com/

I think the main point you are missing here is the fact that you guys have put way too much time and effort into something that almost nobody on planet Earf (sic) is going to buy into.

If this is a serious proposition in buying CGC graded books, really the $10 monthly GPA subscription fee is an obstacle?

This is just so flawed in every aspect.

Jim

OK, I am clearly not communicating properly.

-- We can and do subscribe to GPA. The point is transparency. For those that own the coin and do not want or have even the faintest interest in subscribing to any comics price guide, they can still check the prices online to see that we are using actual numbers. I am unsure why everyone is so concerned with this aspect of the coin. I have not gotten one question at all about this anywhere else. As I stated many times, we will switch it over if the disparity is as great as everyone here seems to feel. Again, anyone can use any method they choose to evaluate the value of the collections.

-- Many people will buy the coin. I know that many, if not most of you don't believe that, but it is true. In fact, some people are quite enthused about it. Still, if it is only purchased by me, my mother and one guy in Estonia, it will be quite easy to run the coin from that point as well. We will either keep expanding or just sell the collection, issue a dividend to the three coin holders and wrap things up. The structure can almost be compared to a closed-end fund in that way. Probably more accurately, to a foundation that tends to artwork. Either way, the structure is simple enough and flexible enough to work no matter the initial demand.

I hope that I have responded to your concerns. I understand some of your reactions, but time will tell as they say. 99% of crypto are nothing but empty blockchains. This will have assets, so right there it has a step up.

:screwy:

GI Joe.....is......awesome?

I know you were joking, but I was thinking the same thing based on writing style and a few expressions that I recognized! :o

Introducing the Comic Book Coin Coin. With this meta-coin, you can purchase Comic Book Coins.

HA! You're getting the idea! You need a "coin" first!

Crypto coins are into the hundreds of millions of dollars now (billions, if you count Bitcoin). and they don't seem to be going away anytime soon.

Not true.

It is true: http://coinmarketcap.com/

:shrug:

Still not true.

Wow I didnt realize there were so many crypto currencies-that in itself makes me doubt their staying power-I mean lets say there are 1 million different crypto currencies-how the heck can that ever work?

I think the main point you are missing here is the fact that you guys have put way too much time and effort into something that almost nobody on planet Earf (sic) is going to buy into.

If this is a serious proposition in buying CGC graded books, really the $10 monthly GPA subscription fee is an obstacle?

Jim

-- We can and do subscribe to GPA. The point is transparency. For those that own the coin and do not want or have even the faintest interest in subscribing to any comics price guide, they can still check the prices online to see that we are using actual numbers. I am unsure why everyone is so concerned with this aspect of the coin. I have not gotten one question at all about this anywhere else. As I stated many times, we will switch it over if the disparity is as great as everyone here seems to feel. Again, anyone can use any method they choose to evaluate the value of the collections.

-- Many people will buy the coin. I know that many, if not most of you don't believe that, but it is true. In fact, some people are quite enthused about it. Still, if it is only purchased by me, my mother and one guy in Estonia, it will be quite easy to run the coin from that point as well. We will either keep expanding or just sell the collection, issue a dividend to the three coin holders and wrap things up. The structure can almost be compared to a closed-end fund in that way. Probably more accurately, to a foundation that tends to artwork. Either way, the structure is simple enough and flexible enough to work no matter the initial demand.

I hope that I have responded to your concerns. I understand some of your reactions, but time will tell as they say. 99% of crypto are nothing but empty blockchains. This will have assets, so right there it has a step up.

I know you were joking, but I was thinking the same thing based on writing style and a few expressions that I recognized! :o

If so, this is the dad and not the 12 year-old.

(:

-slym

Wow I didnt realize there were so many crypto currencies-that in itself makes me doubt their staying power-I mean lets say there are 1 million different crypto currencies-how the heck can that ever work?

Copies of copies (clones).

It is exactly what they are doing here. Copying an existing coin, changing it slightly and then giving it a naming convention to fool people into buying in.

READ

Jim

If so, this is the dad and not the 12 year-old.

(:

-slym

They're taking turns!!!!

They won't. Many have already gone under or are all but dead. That is what I meant when I said that 99% of alt coins are just empty blockchains. Most will eventually die, although that could still be a long way off.

Copies of copies (clones).

It is exactly what they are doing here. Copying an existing coin, changing it slightly and then giving it a naming convention to fool people into buying in.

READ

Ah, Milton Friedman -- excellent. I knew there had to be some area we agree on!

I won't be "investing" in this, but I have identified some concerns you may want to address, beyond what has already been mentioned.

Your website looks like amateur hour. It gives me no confidence to invest with you.

You have no plan on your website about how you will invest. Will you invest 100% of money in comics? 50%? Is someone being paid a salary to "manage" this? How much are they being paid?

How many coins are you keeping for yourself?

You mention possibly selling comics for a dividend. Who decides which comics to sell and when? Can owners vote on it? Just your decision? How much is paid out in dividends? Will someone be taking a commission for facilitating the sale? How much?

You mention costs for maintaining the collection you hope to buy. Where would these costs come from after, hypothetically, the entire allotment of your currency sold? Would you have to continually sell off books to cover it until the whole collection is gone?

I just got home from work and after work meetings and discussions about those meetings and mind numbness and honestly do not feel like reading the walls of text on this guy's site.

So let me see if I got this.

I pay this guy to collect comic books. I get a coin out of it. I am basically taking stock in a guys ability to accumulate a valuable comic book collection. Eventually he will sell and I collect.

Is that about it?

I just got home from work and after work meetings and discussions about those meetings and mind numbness and honestly do not feel like reading the walls of text on this guy's site.

So let me see if I got this.

I pay this guy to collect comic books. I get a coin out of it. I am basically taking stock in a guys ability to accumulate a valuable comic book collection. Eventually he will sell and I collect.

Is that about it?

Yep, you get a cheap coin with a cruddy logo and he gets to collect comics.

win/win?

lol