• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How do you handle PM's from members wanting to buy what you have posted?

87 posts in this topic

That's classic! I can tell you have the same warped sense of humor that I do. Dare I ask who the snarkiest one on the boards is? Never mind please don't answer. I don't want to start a war here.

My suggestion? That guy that hit you with that cheesy "Everyone's got a price... what's yours?"

From now on, every time someone asks you if a book is for sale, say "Sorry, I just sold it to (insert name of snarky guy here). He asked me to keep the transaction quiet so please don't tell anyone else!"

That'll kill two birds with one stone, so to speak!

Or even better any time someone asks you if something is for sale just sell it to me really cheap and tell them it's already sold.

Hey, it was worth a try.

You got a good point and point well taken. It's a bit annoying I guess. I did reply back to the first one nicely and he came back with "come on everything has a price, what's yours?"

That's easy, then you just reply with "$1,000,000,000".

You got a good point and point well taken. It's a bit annoying I guess. I did reply back to the first one nicely and he came back with "come on everything has a price, what's yours?"

:applause:

-slym

If Bill Gates took up the hobby, it could happen. lol:wishluck:

First off whatever you do ignore RMA's advice.

All of it? Or just the last resort part?

PS. You will sell me all of the Steranko books in your sig. Make with the Paypal addy.

Others said it perfectly. Politely decline and if they persist remove yourself from the pm. If they still persist block them.

Wait, didn't I say that, too...?

hm

I used to get offers all the time for something in my sig that I never intended to sell. I have a feeling some people's sig lines is actually considered inventory, but that's never me. Anyway, the offers got better and better until I decided I could live without it, and I sold it to someone who made an unsolicited offer.

Is this a serious question?

If so you just answer, "sorry its not for sale but thanks for the enquiry".

I'm more akin to thinking this is just clickbait to get get more views for your original collection thread. Great stuff BTW.

As an aside its a truism that everything has a price - if I offered you $100,000 for your Mr Robot you'd accept it and use that money to buy another better example and pocket the rest

I have a silver dime on my keyring that belonged to my late father (in fact the only link with him I've got), its probably my dearest possession and have it on me permanently, I would never sell it 'for any amount' - what that phrase in fact means is... its for sale if I was offered 'enough' for it.

To pretend otherwise would be an insult to my dad, who always knew a good deal when he saw it.

I'm more impressed that you have 145 posts in 9 days. :eek:

I just politely say sorry they're not for sale,but thank you for asking. (thumbs u

I think kav had 5k by that point.

How many times you gonna say basically the same thing? This is like # 45 in your broken record hitlist

WE GET IT

:baiting:

krig was just joking, kav… :foryou:

As for robot man question: if you fear of being snarky, just ignore the more unpolite inquiries, or save a text string saying "I am not selling it, sorry." :)

I would block each and every one of them, then write down their user name, track down their ebay nick and outbid them on everything they are after. That will show them (thumbs u

hm

Sounds like some of the behavior on here from a few. So it fits their mold.

(:

First off whatever you do ignore RMA's advice.

All of it? Or just the last resort part?

PS. You will sell me all of the Steranko books in your sig. Make with the Paypal addy.

Others said it perfectly. Politely decline and if they persist remove yourself from the pm. If they still persist block them.

Wait, didn't I say that, too...?

hm

Ok. I hereby give you permission to listen to RMA. He is actually pretty smart (if a bit abrasive at times), except you can't listen to the part where he says don't share your collection here. That's about the worst idea I've ever heard. It's making me reassess my original opinion of RMA. ;)