• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR (May-2018)
5 5

1,498 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, marvelcollector said:

What I think some are missing is that these movies are NOT "dreams come true" for some of us. They are not filmed realizations of the comics we loved, they're altered versions. And we just can't get that excited about them. They may be ok on their own terms, but aren't nearly as good as the films we've seen in our heads.

Nobody ever said that it was a dream come true for everyone in here. Again, no film ever gets 100% positive rating and if you haven't learned at this point that Marvel isn't following the comics verbatim, you never will. As I said earlier, I for one don't want Mavel to feel like they have to follow these comics to the letter. Again, where is the fun in seeing a film when you know exactly what is going to happen. I for one couldn't possibly be more content with the direction Marvel has taken with all 19 films. If you don't like what Marvel is doing, then just don't see the films and just stick with the comics. Problem solved. 

Edited by OrangeCrush

3 hours ago, marvelcollector said:

What I think some are missing is that these movies are NOT "dreams come true" for some of us. They are not filmed realizations of the comics we loved, they're altered versions. And we just can't get that excited about them. They may be ok on their own terms, but aren't nearly as good as the films we've seen in our heads.

I feel sorry for you. 

5 hours ago, fmaz said:

This is not a time to rehash what went wrong with Justice League for the millionth time... or to give oxygen to blowhards who come here to express their contrary opinions for the sole purpose of it being the one place in their life where people will pay attention to them...

As comic book fans, it's remarkable the age we live in... and that a 10-year plan of connected movies has led to a movie like this with so many characters played by so many of today's biggest stars... I mean... wow.   If you're someone who truely loves comics and comic characters, how can you not love all of this?

I was so happy that the movie delivered when we saw it today.   I was especially pleased that.

Hide contents

the deaths were handled so well!  Loki and Heimdel seemed like they were truely killed and got really good deaths. Loki especially.   Gamora got a death that should bring her a dramatic return in the next movie...and the rest were just taken off the board for a while.

I think that if any "major" death had occurred at the end of this movie... Cap, Iron Man, etc.. it would be too easy to not "feel" it, knowing that with part II it could be undone.  It's the same reason why the "death" of Vision didn't land.. you don't feel that he's necessarily gone, but that they'll bring him back.  But anyone who dies in part II? Those deaths are going to really mean something.

Spoiler

It's hard to feel anything knowing that any character that died at the end is coming back in Part II.  That being said, there was still an audible gasp when T'Challa disappeared.  And Spidey's "death" landed like a Mack truck.  There were definitely tears and sniffles in the audience for that one.

9 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

lol

I had posted that in the Deadpool thread as well. What a smart way to plug his movie into the excitement that is taking place now. Brilliant!

4 hours ago, ExNihilo said:
  Hide contents

It's hard to feel anything knowing that any character that died at the end is coming back in Part II.  That being said, there was still an audible gasp when T'Challa disappeared.  And Spidey's "death" landed like a Mack truck.  There were definitely tears and sniffles in the audience for that one.

Yeah, my daughter wasn’t too thrilled with those moments.  Gut punches all around the theater when that went down.  

I saw it yesterday and I have to say it was great, it fulfilled all my expectations, and more

Next year I'll be watching Part 2 and after that, I'll segregate myself in my living room during 48h and I'll watch the 20 movies in a non stop session. I'll watch it as a very long single movie.

What Marvel achieved with his cinematic universe in unprecedented, and it hardly will be done again.

BTW, what are the odds for the X-Men and the FF to appear in phase 4 and play a central role?

1 hour ago, marmat said:

I saw it yesterday and I have to say it was great, it fulfilled all my expectations, and more

Next year I'll be watching Part 2 and after that, I'll segregate myself in my living room during 48h and I'll watch the 20 movies in a non stop session. I'll watch it as a very long single movie.

What Marvel achieved with his cinematic universe in unprecedented, and it hardly will be done again.

BTW, what are the odds for the X-Men and the FF to appear in phase 4 and play a central role?

I'd say the odds are very good.

3 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Estimates may have been slightly off, not accounting for late weekend rush.

And again, these figures don't include China, the 2nd biggest market in the world. It opens I think on May 12th in Chiina. Once those figures get added onto the total opening figures, this is going to crush everything, and by a significant margin. 

9 hours ago, Unca Ben said:

I'm wondering how many Thanos costumes complete with golden gauntlet I'll see at my door this Halloween.

It will be a good way for kids to hit up the same houses time and time again. There will likely be so many kids dressed up as Thanos, Iron Man, Cap, etc. tht it will be impossible to tell if they have already been at your house already. Great way to go home with like 50 pounds in candy, lol. 

3 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Estimates may have been slightly off, not accounting for late weekend rush.

They were lowballing with $250M estimate just to be safe.  I'm more interested in week 2 and then to see how much of a dent Deadpool can make after that.

I don't know how another movie (besides part 4) has a chance to reach this record anytime soon.  Jurassic Park?  Avatar?  Solo?...just don't see it being beaten.

Its dominating by such a large margin that Korea might take legislative action to prevent such domination at the box office. How absurd, lol

Korea Box Office: ‘Avengers’ Domination May Hasten Legislative Response

http://variety.com/2018/film/asia/korea-box-office-avengers-domination-legal-pushback-1202791599/

“Avengers” played on 85% of screens nationwide, and some 2,553 over the weekend. It accounted for 95% of total weekend box office, ahead of second placed “Intention” with just 1%.

Now that is truly the definition of dominating. It accounted for 95% of the total weekend box office. The 2nd highest movie accounted for just 1% of ticket sales, lol.

Love this:

Db9bo5cVMAA3uAK.thumb.jpg.662118f7fba7f7c27d9f6814279e9f27.jpg

Edited by OrangeCrush

And yes, we know this is without China (and one other country). :insane:

On 4/21/2018 at 6:24 PM, Bosco685 said:

Avengers: Infinity War release schedule:

• USA 23 April 2018(Los Angeles World premiere)
  • Australia 25 April 2018
  • Belgium 25 April 2018
  • Switzerland 25 April 2018(French speaking region)
  • Colombia 25 April 2018
  • Denmark 25 April 2018
  • Estonia 25 April 2018
  • Finland 25 April 2018
  • France 25 April 2018
  • Hong Kong 25 April 2018
  • Indonesia 25 April 2018
  • Italy 25 April 2018
  • South Korea 25 April 2018
  • Malaysia 25 April 2018
  • Netherlands 25 April 2018
  • Norway 25 April 2018
  • New Zealand 25 April 2018
  • Philippines 25 April 2018
  • Portugal 25 April 2018
  • Sweden 25 April 2018
  • Singapore 25 April 2018
  • Slovenia 25 April 2018
  • Thailand 25 April 2018
  • Tunisia 25 April 2018(Colisée, Tunis) (premiere)
  • Vietnam 25 April 2018
  • United Arab Emirates 26 April 2018
  • Argentina 26 April 2018
  • Bahrain 26 April 2018
  • Brazil 26 April 2018
  • Chile 26 April 2018
  • Cyprus 26 April 2018
  • Czech Republic 26 April 2018
  • Germany 26 April 2018
  • UK 26 April 2018
  • Greece 26 April 2018
  • Greece 26 April 2018(internet)