• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR (May-2018)
5 5

1,498 posts in this topic

Saw the movie last night. Was a packed house, which was expected.  Boy, what a movie of gargantium proportions this was.  EPIC is the one word I can say about it, hits you in practically every emotional level!  A must see (hopefully most have seen the previous certain Marvel movies (Avengers, GOTG, Captain America, etc because it leads up to this).  Movie won't let you down (surprised to see it has for a few of you guys here, but to his/her own opinions).  It's packed with action from start to end, a lot i mean a lot of humor..  So much that I wish I can actually hear the full dialogue/content of the humor because people were just laughing out loud and couldn't hear everything afterwards which sucks in a way..  I wish the audience can somehow laugh to themselves quietly or something but that would never happen.  

Great character development with Thanos, he is fantastic and one bad bad dude!! A lot of twists, surprises, etc..  So much going on, I need to watch it a 2nd time again.  Giving it an A, and it is at the top of my list for best hero movie of all time.  I wish I can talk about it more but don't wanna spoil anything.

is it just me or 

Spoiler

did the spirit at the mountain to get the soul stone actually say "THAY-NOSE", could've sworn, but if it did (the fonz would be proud), it was the only one...

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

is it just me or 

Reveal hidden contents

did the spirit at the mountain to get the soul stone actually say "THAY-NOSE", could've sworn, but if it did (the fonz would be proud), it was the only one...

It's alright to tell me no lol

:shy:

Wow. Just....wow. I think. Um. Wow.

Marvel stayed a lot closer to the original Infinity Gauntlet than I thought they would. I was re-reading IG recently and the excitement and build up was still as exciting as in 1991. I wondered how awesome it would be to see something like issues #4 - 6 on the big screen. No way I thought. Not even close. But now? We might just see a....."Cosmic Battle on the Edge of the Universe" in one year.

Great time to be living in. 

9 hours ago, Sandflea said:

Went to see IG yesterday evening; giving it (thumbsu(thumbsu(thumbsu up!

Hide contents

Good point, Buzz... the BP movie must have had a positive effect; the crowd gave a round of applause when the scene showing Wakanda first came on. Applause on Thor returning to Earth with Stormbringer as well. :applause:

lol - Couple of people shouted "Wakanda Forever" when that happened. 

5 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

is it just me or 

Reveal hidden contents

See if this happens, in the spoiler

7 minutes ago, Mystafo said:

OK watching it now again.  Cull obsidian is a biatch and banner is soooooo annoying! "I'm try-ing he won't come owwww-t!"

6 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

Saw the movie last night. Was a packed house, which was expected.  Boy, what a movie of gargantium proportions this was.  EPIC is the one word I can say about it, hits you in practically every emotional level!  A must see (hopefully most have seen the previous certain Marvel movies (Avengers, GOTG, Captain America, etc because it leads up to this).  Movie won't let you down (surprised to see it has for a few of you guys here, but to his/her own opinions).  It's packed with action from start to end, a lot i mean a lot of humor..  So much that I wish I can actually hear the full dialogue/content of the humor because people were just laughing out loud and couldn't hear everything afterwards which sucks in a way..  I wish the audience can somehow laugh to themselves quietly or something but that would never happen.  

Great character development with Thanos, he is fantastic and one bad bad dude!! A lot of twists, surprises, etc..  So much going on, I need to watch it a 2nd time again.  Giving it an A, and it is at the top of my list for best hero movie of all time.  I wish I can talk about it more but don't wanna spoil anything.

I agree I just got back and loved it.

The humor in the movie was fantastic. My wife even commented she got all the jokes this time.

Thanos was spot on. His point of view was well explained which helps with the audience understanding his rationale a little better. I would like to hear what Starlin thinks about his character.
Was nice to see all the Thank you's in the credits to the character creators. 

The movie did move fast. A lot of development was looked over for more action. Its my only critique, but they had no choice.
Vision and Wanda was so touching. Especially if you were a teenager in the 80s like me. Kitty/Peter & Vision/Wanda :cloud9:

I never thought they would nail the Infinity Gauntlet storyline, but they got pretty close and improved some of it. Now what they are missing is the Cosmic connection in all this. Wonder to see how that
plays out.  Also interested in seeing what happens with the Hulk now as well. That intro scene was great.

A- I think. 

8 hours ago, seanfingh said:
8 hours ago, Mystafo said:

Gonna have to say this was a big disappointment for me.  The MCU is what brought me back to comic collecting after almost 15 years and while I'm glad I came back (if for no other reason that I discovered PCH & GA SCIFI), this is a bit of a kick in the nutz.  I hate that these filmmakers pirate our beloved characters, settings, and themes and THEN they decide to use their creative little peanut brain and start dikking with the story and the motivations.  And now, after the Disney machine ruined Star Wars here comes a crying Thanso and the stupidest way to obtain an infinity stone ever thought up.  I think they realized they screwed up not introducing the soul stone earlier and had to have a late night brainstorming sesh to come up with this garbage.  And why the HELL does the mind stone have to be the main stone and why is its space so frickin big it has to grow into it?!?!  Sooooo super discouraged after this mess...   

Agreed this is the 1% of the audience that will never be satisfied. They don't make movies for them only so they can :censored: about them.

On 4/27/2018 at 6:00 PM, marvelcollector said:

I'm not an MCU fan, I'm a Marvel comics fan.

And I think they never missed an opportunity to miss an opportunity.

Other than to make money.

I'm a fan of both the MCU and Marvel comics and as I said before, no movie ever gets 100% positive feedback and I respect the fact that people have different opinions. That being said, a 94% rating thus far from fans on RottenTomatoes is pretty telling in regards to just how satisfied fans were with this film, myself included. Sorry you don't like the MCU. Personally, I absolutely love it. These 19 films have been unlike anything I have ever experienced in regards to Hollywood films. Some have definitely been better than others, but the experience as a whole has been absolutely BRILLIANT IMO. And as I have stated before, IMO Winter Soldier is the #1 super hero movie I have ever seen, even better than  Nolan's Batman trilogy.

As I always say, too each thier own. 

Edited by OrangeCrush

Hey did I say they only made the movie for me?  I love how you guys are like "Boo! He didn't like our holy movie! How dare! " lol 

-1000 and I don't believe I said I didn't think it was a well done movie for its audience,  only that I was personally disappointed in it. Hey my bad for voicing an opposing opinion! 

Edited by Mystafo
Remove suggestive expletive

9 hours ago, Mystafo said:

Gonna have to say this was a big disappointment for me.  The MCU is what brought me back to comic collecting after almost 15 years and while I'm glad I came back (if for no other reason that I discovered PCH & GA SCIFI), this is a bit of a kick in the nutz.  I hate that these filmmakers pirate our beloved characters, settings, and themes and THEN they decide to use their creative little peanut brain and start dikking with the story and the motivations.  And now, after the Disney machine ruined Star Wars here comes a crying Thanso and the stupidest way to obtain an infinity stone ever thought up.  I think they realized they screwed up not introducing the soul stone earlier and had to have a late night brainstorming sesh to come up with this garbage.  And why the HELL does the mind stone have to be the main stone and why is its space so frickin big it has to grow into it?!?!  Sooooo super discouraged after this mess...   

From what I have read, Kevin Fiege has stated that Disney is not exerting any creative control at all over Marvel Studios. They simply purchased them, just like Pixar, and are letting the people that have been so wildly successful with both studios remain in creative control. So the Disney reference that people keep bringing up really is misguided. 

That was one of the better parts

Couldn't agree more. It gave the character more depth and made him out to be more than just some psycho titan with no remorse over what he is doing. 

Edited by OrangeCrush