• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR (May-2018)
5 5

1,498 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

I don't know how another movie (besides part 4) has a chance to reach this record anytime soon.  Jurassic Park?  Avatar?  Solo?...just don't see it being beaten.

Solo looks abysmal.  No chance in hell that passes IW.  Unless the film somehow turns out to be better than the trailer suggests, I'm guessing Solo will be lucky to pass $1B.

2 hours ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

They were lowballing with $250M estimate just to be safe.  I'm more interested in week 2 and then to see how much of a dent Deadpool can make after that.

I don't know how another movie (besides part 4) has a chance to reach this record anytime soon.  Jurassic Park?  Avatar?  Solo?...just don't see it being beaten.

I’m curious how Avatar 2 is going to play some 11 years after the originals release. I never like to doubt anything James Cameron touches but I remember more than a few people going to the original for the then novel 3D (in 2009) effects and thinking the actual film was so-so.

I like the movie OK but some 9 years later I can’t say it has built any great following on the level of a Star Wars. Still James Cameron always seems to surprise so we’ll see...

27 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

Solo looks abysmal.  No chance in hell that passes IW.  Unless the film somehow turns out to be better than the trailer suggests, I'm guessing Solo will be lucky to pass $1B.

Yeah, they should have let Josh Trank direct it like the great Fantastic Four movie...oh, wait..:nyah:

1 hour ago, ExNihilo said:

Agreed.  I have zero interest in seeing it.  

2 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

i enjoyed rogue one very much; the preview to this new one did nothing for me.

23 hours ago, OrangeCrush said:

If you don't like what Marvel is doing, then just don't see the films and just stick with the comics. Problem solved. 

Gee, thanks for the advice.

Of course, my fault for actually posting a true feeling counter to the groupthink in this thread.

What was I thinking?

15 hours ago, bane said:

I thought the movie was awesome.

Would definitely go and see it again.

Washes away the stench left by Age of Ultron! 

And see I watched Ultron last night, so I could watch something with some plot and story instead of nothing but punching.  If we were all the same, this would be boring.

4 hours ago, marvelcollector said:

Gee, thanks for the advice.

Of course, my fault for actually posting a true feeling counter to the groupthink in this thread.

What was I thinking?

Its simply common sense. I have stated MULTIPLE times in this forum that people have a right to thier own opinions and that I respect those opinions even if I happen to disagree with them, and yes that even includes yours. That being said, if you don't like what Marvel is doing with the films, don't go and see them and stick with the comics you enjoy. Again, just common sense in my book. I know I don't go see movies that I don't like. Maybe your different. All the power to you!

And I understand fully what subjective opinions are and would NEVER ridicule or make fun of someone's subjective opinion on an online forum. IMO, that's one of the biggest problems with the modern day internet. So clearly your reading a LOT more into my post than was intended. 

As for what you were thinking....well, what was I thinking making a logical post to someone that isn't enjoying the MCU? People like you get so defensive that you think any post that is made that addresses your opinion is an attack on your opinion and you couldn't possibly be more wrong in this regard. 

Edited by OrangeCrush

16 hours ago, 1Cool said:

I'd say the odds are very good.

Phase 4 will be Fantastic Four!

Spoiler

Just saying I called that years ago, just because it sounded good. :wishluck:

Let me just say I am a jaded individual and in everything I do in life I believe 2nd place is always the 1st loser.  So lets say if your team doesn't win the Superbowl they are just as pathetic as the Cleveland Browns that went 0-16, meaning they failed so F them. 

With that said I just got back from seeing Infinity War in IMAX.

Oh my god this movie was such a piece of....

Spoiler

humble pie smothered in epic greatness! ^^^^^^  While Winter Soldier top to bottom still might be the best all around Marvel Studios movie of all time, Infinity War is now my favorite.  Seeing Thanos portrayed the way he was with all his power, emotions, and death warmed my heart.  Gamora's death to me was the most dramatic, but all the others you know are just temporary since Spider-man, Black Panther, Doctor Strange etc.... all have new movies coming out so you know they all all coming back with the time gem in Avengers 4. I loved seeing Thanos at the end of the movie just chillin like he did in the comics.  IMO this is the greatest Marvel comic book movie of all time.  Can't wait to see next years Avengers 4, which I think will be title Avengers: Infinity Crusade!

I give this movie 5 death snaps out of 5!

snap.png

snap.png

snap.png

snap.png

snap.png

4 hours ago, NewWorldOrder said:

Phase 4 will be Fantastic Four!

Reveal hidden contents

Just saying I called that years ago, just because it sounded good. :wishluck:

But as a movie or a TV show? I'd love to see a steady stream of Fantastic Four starting with a 60's theme.

3 hours ago, NewWorldOrder said:

Let me just say I am a jaded individual and in everything I do in life I believe 2nd place is always the 1st loser.

I don't get to hear deep thoughts from Ricky Bobby like that nearly often enough.

Ricky1.png

7 hours ago, Guardian Comics said:

And see I watched Ultron last night, so I could watch something with some plot and story instead of nothing but punching.  If we were all the same, this would be boring.

I really can't be bothered to go through all the points of why I didn't like Ultron.

I'm glad you liked it and hold it in high regard. (thumbsu

6 hours ago, OrangeCrush said:

Its simply common sense. I have stated MULTIPLE times in this forum that people have a right to thier own opinions and that I respect those opinions even if I happen to disagree with them, and yes that even includes yours. That being said, if you don't like what Marvel is doing with the films, don't go and see them and stick with the comics you enjoy. Again, just common sense in my book. I know I don't go see movies that I don't like. Maybe your different. All the power to you!

And I understand fully what subjective opinions are and would NEVER ridicule or make fun of someone's subjective opinion on an online forum. IMO, that's one of the biggest problems with the modern day internet. So clearly your reading a LOT more into my post than was intended. 

As for what you were thinking....well, what was I thinking making a logical post to someone that isn't enjoying the MCU? People like you get so defensive that you think any post that is made that addresses your opinion is an attack on your opinion and you couldn't possibly be more wrong in this regard. 

I actually don't go to see these movies; I see them later.

And to be clear: I don't think they are bad. I think I said in a previous post that they are ok (even good) on their own merits. They've just strayed further and further from the comics, either for political reasons  (Mandarin is a good example), or for some swelled head director to infuse their ideas into the narrative. I just can't get that excited about them. It's not surprising; we comic readers are not the target audience, and the studio doesn't care if they dischant us, as long as they maximize profits.

I'm happy (I guess) that the characters are exposed to a larger audience (I've always said the general public became more aware of the Hulk via the TV series as opposed to the comics), but I would have liked them to see a truer version.