• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR (May-2018)
5 5

1,498 posts in this topic

Incidentally, y'all think we'll get a surprise Captain Marvel in this film?

Saw a rumor on da internets that her costume can be glimpsed -- that she's standing directly behind Cap in a split-second shot in the trailer.

I could see it, esp. if she functions as a Warlock surrogate at the film's end, introducing the cosmic entities for the second round of battle (think last few pages of Infinity Gauntlet # 4).

7 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

Incidentally, y'all think we'll get a surprise Captain Marvel in this film?

Saw a rumor on da internets that her costume can be glimpsed -- that she's standing directly behind Cap in a split-second shot in the trailer.

I could see it, esp. if she functions as a Warlock surrogate at the film's end, introducing the cosmic entities for the second round of battle (think last few pages of Infinity Gauntlet # 4).

I saw this and after many views I believe it might be Spidey in his new suit behind Cap...could be wrong but his iron spider suit has a similar design and color in that area.

Hey 2 cents don't buy a whole lot, k?

4 hours ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

The rumor is that Dave Bautista will be done after the movie.  He's going to go back to WWE where he'll be making a lot more money.

He wants one last run and wants to go out at WM against Triple H, instead of just showing up once in a while like Lesnar he wants to do the loop including house shows so I could well believe in h8m taking a break from movies.

I think the Russo brothers are going to unleash a 'classic' Thanos look at some point in the movie.  They love audience surprises, they love misdirects -- anything to increase the 'wow' factor at the film itself.  My guess is we see Thanos in armor at some point with glowing, smoking eyes -- just like the comics.  The Russos know their comics, so they'll come through with something awesome.

Dan

On 2/26/2018 at 5:55 PM, Drummy said:

I think the Russo brothers are going to unleash a 'classic' Thanos look at some point in the movie.  They love audience surprises, they love misdirects -- anything to increase the 'wow' factor at the film itself.  My guess is we see Thanos in armor at some point with glowing, smoking eyes -- just like the comics.  The Russos know their comics, so they'll come through with something awesome.

Dan

I just hope that the fight scenes are not as choppy as some of them were in Civil War. The scene where they chased Bucky in traffic was really bad. There were some poorly edited/CGI'd scenes at other times as well which was a surprise from the Russos. I hope that they take the time to do them right with this film.

Edited by kimik

We still think is going to be Infinity War Part 1, right?

So it makes sense that it ends similar to Infinity Gauntlet # 4 -- with our heroes defeated and a few major heroes (Cap, Drax, Nebula, maybe Iron Man) lying dead.

Enter - the cosmic ones for part 2:

• Captain Marvel
  • Warlock (maybe)
  • Beta Ray Bil

Who else?

3 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

We still think is going to be Infinity War Part 1, right?

So it makes sense that it ends similar to Infinity Gauntlet # 4 -- with our heroes defeated and a few major heroes (Cap, Drax, Nebula, maybe Iron Man) lying dead.

Enter - the cosmic ones for part 2:

• Captain Marvel
  • Warlock (maybe)
  • Beta Ray Bil

Who else?

Nova?

Quasar?

Korvac?