• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mego Stretch Hulk

94 posts in this topic

There are some big time collectors on the mego museum website who have shelled out 10k plus for certain items (carded Iron Man).

If you drop this one on their site people are going to be on you like white on rice.

and I believe I have shelled out about as much as anyone (25K for a carded green goblin, $16K for a carded wonder woman...$60K for a kresge set, etc)...

put on ebay , or sell privately, the stretch figures are a little soft right now, but given that the white boxed version is scarcer than the red box, someone will pony up for it

Store like comics. Cool, dark and dry

No worries shipping them any method

Really?

The Mego blog guy said airplanes were bad. I shall pass that info along as well.

Which would you recommend as a selling venue or consignment for an item like this?

Again, thank you so much for your help. :foryou:

fedex cargo planes are pressurized....no different than it sitting in the back of your car to take to the post office....fedex overnight is just fine...

(worship)

You learn something new every day

There are some big time collectors on the mego museum website who have shelled out 10k plus for certain items (carded Iron Man).

If you drop this one on their site people are going to be on you like white on rice.

and I believe I have shelled out about as much as anyone (25K for a carded green goblin, $16K for a carded wonder woman...$60K for a kresge set, etc)...

I wish I could live in your world...

Peace,

Chip

...and that's why you should put it on eBay with a link to the auction on the Mego Museum website. I've been toy collecting for 30+ years and one thing I know is that there are more deep-pocket collectors NOT on the forums as there on them. You want to maximize the profit on this one, trust me. Don't do a private sale...put it on eBay where the forum folk AND the private types will all see it.

Peace,

Chip

I would agree that this would be the best course of action.

Make it public on eBay and give the good folks at the mego museum a heads up on it.

And yeah, because if the white box issue, I can't see it not generating interest. So many of the elastic heroes haven't held up over the years, even the Boxed examples.

Good luck with the sale.

Edited by makeminemego

Personally, I would not place this on eBay nor would I use a ridiculous BIN price either. That will only attract shills and scammers and you will limit your chances in having a fair sale. After all if the item finishes at high five figures, but no one pays what is the point?

Just some advice: Rather than risk scammers who may file a PayPal/eBay claim on an item this size why not go to an auction house that specializes in these types of items? Morphy Auctions continues to get high prices for items like this, but you will have to consign it to an upcoming sale. However, the item will be hyped beyond belief in that time be ause it is a signature piece. Hake's is an option to, but more high end buyer's are opt to buy through Morphy's.

I would not be rushing to place this on eBay and some high profile buyers like me who won't buy an item like this on eBay will never bid.

Just my two cents.

I'd use eBay else you'll pay a ridiculous sellers premium.

I wouldn't use a huge $1mil BIN though, I'd just either go for a realistically high BIN (going on advice from here, sounds like $20,000 would be a good start) but with an open to offers option.

Or start it at 99c and see where it ends up.

The one thing i would do though is ask for a lot of advice from here and other forums to let people know you have it and then to say you'll be putting it up for auction in a month to enable people to maybe get some ducks in a row to really make a good go for it. Then post the link to the auction and let everyone have a pop at it.

Plenty of times I've seen pricey artwork on eBay go away from me because I haven't had enough time to arrange finances to really 'go for it'.

Always fun to see how really rare items go!

Good luck Hado

Let us all know how it turns out.

Thanks! lol

But I have to reiterate, I'm not selling or consigning this item, just asking for some advice for a friend of the wife.

Personally, I would not place this on eBay nor would I use a ridiculous BIN price either. That will only attract shills and scammers and you will limit your chances in having a fair sale. After all if the item finishes at high five figures, but no one pays what is the point?

I would have to respectfully disagree here. First off, I would hope the ridiculous BIN suggestion from before was a joke. No one with any intelligence would do that if they were actually serious about actually selling a high-ticket item.

Large dollar collectible items sell legitimately on eBay all the time without incident.

eBay will get you the most exposure for this item and the highest price. You can exclude low-feedback bidders if you want to go that route.

Peace,

Chip

Edited by Chip Cataldo

the good news is that this item has a pretty steady following of "experts"...the value is pretty much already known by those that buy pieces such as these...sure, you might get an auction bump, but the general range is already "known"...

that said, the last few mego hulk examples have sold for less than previous examples... (that's why I said a little soft).... high end collectibles require high end buyers...these, like in the comic hobby, are generally known (who the real players are)......

with ebay capping fees at $250, using morphy's or hakes will just be giving the auction houses more money, a seller of this piece will NOT benefit from them.... if she is not interested in a private sale (and I already know of several folks talking to her already), then ebay, no reserve auction is the way to go...

Good luck Hado

Let us all know how it turns out.

Thanks! lol

But I have to reiterate, I'm not selling or consigning this item, just asking for some advice for a friend of the wife.

Cool, well now that that's settled let's get down to brass tax. I'll give you $20 if you let me come over and play with it. :insane:

I'm not a fan of EBay for selling unless your going to do a fixed price listing with a make an offer option. It's rare that you see crazy prices on open auctions anymore and more often than not you see sales fall flat. I think there is too much risk that you could loose some serious buyers simply because its a short window for someone to complete a large deal. The timing might not be there for some buyers to come up with $10K+ quickly.

I say sell it privately or list it with a BIN/best offer option and be patient.

the good news is that this item has a pretty steady following of "experts"...the value is pretty much already known by those that buy pieces such as these...sure, you might get an auction bump, but the general range is already "known"...

that said, the last few mego hulk examples have sold for less than previous examples... (that's why I said a little soft).... high end collectibles require high end buyers...these, like in the comic hobby, are generally known (who the real players are)......

with ebay capping fees at $250, using morphy's or hakes will just be giving the auction houses more money, a seller of this piece will NOT benefit from them.... if she is not interested in a private sale (and I already know of several folks talking to her already), then ebay, no reserve auction is the way to go...

You're one of the good ones Sir.