• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mego Stretch Hulk

94 posts in this topic

The problem with the Elastic figures is that they are not good for long term investments. Like I said, they will eventually rupture.

Will the investor be willing to pay for that? Would suck to buy it and then it pops a week later. Say bye, bye to that money.

Spend that money on a comic or the Mego 8" figures, at least they last.

The problem with the Elastic figures is that they are not good for long term investments. Like I said, they will eventually rupture.

Will the investor be willing to pay for that? Would suck to buy it and then it pops a week later. Say bye, bye to that money.

Rupture just sitting there, with nothing stressing or pulling on it while it's still in the package? I'd guess that it will be just fine for many, many years just as it is.

Rupture just sitting there, with nothing stressing or pulling on it while it's still in the package? I'd guess that it will be just fine for many, many years just as it is.

Agreed. It has already lasted for almost 40 years with no visible deterioration. If the figure remains untouched in the box and is stored in the proper environment it could last for generations.

Spend that money on a comic or the Mego 8" figures, at least they last.

I can’t figure an investor playing with the elastic Hulk… :shrug:

There are some big time collectors on the mego museum website who have shelled out 10k plus for certain items (carded Iron Man).

If you drop this one on their site people are going to be on you like white on rice.

and I believe I have shelled out about as much as anyone (25K for a carded green goblin, $16K for a carded wonder woman...$60K for a kresge set, etc)...

put on ebay , or sell privately, the stretch figures are a little soft right now, but given that the white boxed version is scarcer than the red box, someone will pony up for it

Did you get that carded Green goblin from Mark Huckabone?

There are some big time collectors on the mego museum website who have shelled out 10k plus for certain items (carded Iron Man).

If you drop this one on their site people are going to be on you like white on rice.

and I believe I have shelled out about as much as anyone (25K for a carded green goblin, $16K for a carded wonder woman...$60K for a kresge set, etc)...

put on ebay , or sell privately, the stretch figures are a little soft right now, but given that the white boxed version is scarcer than the red box, someone will pony up for it

Whats your SIN # and your mother's maiden name?

Personally, I would not place this on eBay nor would I use a ridiculous BIN price either. That will only attract shills and scammers and you will limit your chances in having a fair sale. After all if the item finishes at high five figures, but no one pays what is the point?

I would have to respectfully disagree here. First off, I would hope the ridiculous BIN suggestion from before was a joke. No one with any intelligence would do that if they were actually serious about actually selling a high-ticket item.

Large dollar collectible items sell legitimately on eBay all the time without incident.

eBay will get you the most exposure for this item and the highest price. You can exclude low-feedback bidders if you want to go that route.

Peace,

Chip

And six months later he gets it back because the buyer couldn't flip it for an even higher amount. Thanks in part to PayPal's (and eBay's) own outlandish Buyer Protection Policy this is also the norm. Personally I would rather pay a high end auction gallery 20% and let them vet the item and handle all issues.

Just my opinion...

Personally, I would not place this on eBay nor would I use a ridiculous BIN price either. That will only attract shills and scammers and you will limit your chances in having a fair sale. After all if the item finishes at high five figures, but no one pays what is the point?

I would have to respectfully disagree here. First off, I would hope the ridiculous BIN suggestion from before was a joke. No one with any intelligence would do that if they were actually serious about actually selling a high-ticket item.

Large dollar collectible items sell legitimately on eBay all the time without incident.

eBay will get you the most exposure for this item and the highest price. You can exclude low-feedback bidders if you want to go that route.

Peace,

Chip

And six months later he gets it back because the buyer couldn't flip it for an even higher amount. Thanks in part to PayPal's (and eBay's) own outlandish Buyer Protection Policy this is also the norm. Personally I would rather pay a high end auction gallery 20% and let them vet the item and handle all issues.

Just my opinion...

Paypal's "outlandish" Buyer Protection Policy of 180 days is not a blanket catch-all. It is addressed on a case by case basis.

Agreed. It has already lasted for almost 40 years with no visible deterioration. If the figure remains untouched in the box and is stored in the proper environment it could last for generations.

I can't speak on the investment potential of the Hulk or other elastic heroes. I'm a WGSH collector, but the high end items are out of my price range.

The good news is that this one hasn't ruptured, and oozed Hulk snot all over the inside of the box. Some boxed examples have not been so lucky. It doesn't have to be tugged on or played with to rupture.

I'm sure that any prospective owner/investor will store the toy in conditions to insure its shelf life.

Really cool toy. Had one until my cousin Scott tied all four limbs to my grandmother's four-post bed on Christmas Day 1980.

Good luck with the sale, regardless of the venue.

Peace,

Chip

Just my opinion...

Paypal's "outlandish" Buyer Protection Policy of 180 days is not a blanket catch-all. It is addressed on a case by case basis.

By a team who lacks intimate knowledge of the collectibles market and adheres to protecting the buyer, not the seller...

Just an FYI: The reason PayPal is now a separate company from eBay is due to Carl Icahn protecting the interests of his own and other shareholders. It was not done in the interests of consumers.

nope...he wanted 40K for his