• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mego Stretch Hulk

94 posts in this topic

I've only ever seen in the red box. Most heroes were released in the white box so stands to reason hulk was too. Since there are only 12-15 known examples (and I've only seen 3 with the box) it is possible no one else has the white boxed version. In that shape probably would command low 5 figures if authenticated at legit

I've only ever seen in the red box. Most heroes were released in the white box so stands to reason hulk was too. Since there are only 12-15 known examples (and I've only seen 3 with the box) it is possible no one else has the white boxed version. In that shape probably would command low 5 figures if authenticated at legit

:applause:

Keep us posted, Hado!

Of my following of Mego's I have seen realistic prices of Carded ones, that only have 4 or 5 in collectors hands, go for upwards of $10k. The Aquamans Shark Attack goes for close to that Sealed in a nice box. Since this is made by Mego but not of the Action figure variety, It might not hit that number.If I am correct I don't think a Plastic man MIB has gone for more than 5k. I think to a hulk collector it might be worth more. My Estimation would be around 5k, but as Gator said. There hasn't been one up in for ever and the only white box, I have seen. Either way it is a very nice piece. You never know.

Edited by HHwolfman

Of my following of Mego's I have seen realistic prices of Carded ones, that only have 4 or 5 in collectors hands, go for upwards of $10k. The Aquamans Shark Attack goes for close to that Sealed in a nice box. Since this is made by Mego but not of the Action figure variety, It might not hit that number.If I am correct I don't think a Plastic man MIB has gone for more than 5k. I think to a hulk collector it might be worth more. My Estimation would be around 5k, but as Gator said. There hasn't been one up in for ever and the only white box, I have seen. Either way it is a very nice piece. You never know.

Thank you very much G.A.tor and Double H for the info.

I'll pass it along and keep you posted. (Thumbs u

I remember having a stretch Hulk over 30 years ago and breaking it ...in 2002 I mentioned it on the boards and most people had never heard of it

You could stretch the arms and the legs for ever....

I did manage to finally break it by Duct-taping one arm to the top of the stairs and hanging on and ultra-stretching the other arm... Hulk-puke like substance came out but fun toys were made to suffer...

I get the impression now that it was REALLY rare...so I can't for the life of me figure out how I ever got one in my part of the world

You guys who have dealt with these toys before, what suggestions would you have for storage, and are you able to ship them by air.

I'd assume you wouldn't want the pressure change, but I don't know.

Store like comics. Cool, dark and dry

No worries shipping them any method

Really?

The Mego blog guy said airplanes were bad. I shall pass that info along as well.

Which would you recommend as a selling venue or consignment for an item like this?

Again, thank you so much for your help. :foryou:

There are some big time collectors on the mego museum website who have shelled out 10k plus for certain items (carded Iron Man).

If you drop this one on their site people are going to be on you like white on rice.

...and that's why you should put it on eBay with a link to the auction on the Mego Museum website. I've been toy collecting for 30+ years and one thing I know is that there are more deep-pocket collectors NOT on the forums as there on them. You want to maximize the profit on this one, trust me. Don't do a private sale...put it on eBay where the forum folk AND the private types will all see it.

Peace,

Chip

Edited by Chip Cataldo

There are some big time collectors on the mego museum website who have shelled out 10k plus for certain items (carded Iron Man).

If you drop this one on their site people are going to be on you like white on rice.

...and that's why you should put it on eBay with a link to the auction on the Mego Museum website. I've been toy collecting for 30+ years and one thing I know is that there are more deep-pocket collectors NOT on the forums as there on them. You want to maximize the profit on this one, trust me. Don't do a private sale...put it on eBay where the forum folk AND the private types will all see it.

Peace,

Chip

I say list it for $10,000,000 and then take offers. A $10M list price will get you all sorts of attention. Works for the video gamers. :cool:

Store like comics. Cool, dark and dry

No worries shipping them any method

Really?

The Mego blog guy said airplanes were bad. I shall pass that info along as well.

Which would you recommend as a selling venue or consignment for an item like this?

Again, thank you so much for your help. :foryou:

fedex cargo planes are pressurized....no different than it sitting in the back of your car to take to the post office....fedex overnight is just fine...