• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Swamp Thing Rulz the Copper Age!
7 7

317 posts in this topic

@Jasonmorris1000000

I've got this one.   Swamp Thing #93 CGC 9.8 s/s John Totleben.  It's the only 9.8 signature series on census.  Additionally, census shows only two universal blue label 9.8 copies out there.  Looks like a total of three 9.8 copies.   Years ago, I did a huge signing with Totleben, Bissette and Rick Veitch.  Did a massive run of Swamp Thing signature series from 1-100 (not all at once) but over the course of a few years.  I did the first private signing with John years ago, did a couple sketch ops, and then was able to pull the entire ST team (minus Alan Moore) together for a  show in Ohio (8+ years or so ago?)

st93.jpg

This is one of my favorites, I mean, the cover is brilliant, but Totleben did a really nice swampy head sketch as well.  He's "thumbnails" are better than most pro's full blow "sketches."  I had to do a quick glance just now because the grade is not indicative of how I roll.  Looks like a faint bend, back cover, could definitely improve upon a press.  Doubt I can get it past 9.6, but I should probably crack it and work it.

Swamp Thing Annual 5 CGC 9.2 s/s John Totleben w/remark head sketch

stann5.jpg

21 minutes ago, Rich_Henn said:

This is one of my favorites, I mean, the cover is brilliant, but Totleben did a really nice swampy head sketch as well.  He's "thumbnails" are better than most pro's full blow "sketches."  I had to do a quick glance just now because the grade is not indicative of how I roll.  Looks like a faint bend, back cover, could definitely improve upon a press.  Doubt I can get it past 9.6, but I should probably crack it and work it.

Swamp Thing Annual 5 CGC 9.2 s/s John Totleben w/remark head sketch

stann5.jpg

That sketch is sick.

And this was from my second sketch of with Totleben.  It's one of his personal file copies of the Saga TPB, with a killer sketch that again.  This from a man who is leagally blind and can only see about the diameter of a quarter. 

Saga of the Swamp Thing CGC 9.8 s/s Totleben with sketch

sagaswampthingTPBtotleben.jpg

Edited by Rich_Henn

6 minutes ago, Rich_Henn said:

I do not.   But here's an image of it

st53A.jpg

This was always one of my favorites that came out of the two sketch ops.

2 hours ago, HighVoltage said:

Rich,

Just wanted to give you a shout out. You always have very cool stuff! I love the Swampys you've gotten a sig series on over the years. Major kudos.

@HighVoltage

Thank you so much!  How kind  :-)  How have you been?

I found a few scans of other ST s/s that I did (no longer mine) but I had images I thought I might share.

st21A.JPG

st20totleben.jpg

st37moore.jpg

st37totleben.jpg

st33.JPG

I've been well, Rich, thank you for asking!

I've always loved Swampy 20 & 21 - they blew my mind when they came out. The two you posted are terrific.

I think I was able to get my copy of 21 through a special offer via Comics Buyers Guide when I got a subscription wayyyy back in the day.

The 37s are outstanding!

I don't know how many "official" Alan Moore signature series are out there, but it can't be very many.

I don't have any Swamp Thing books signed by Moore, but would love to someday...