• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Swamp Thing Rulz the Copper Age!
7 7

317 posts in this topic

Rich is super cool.  I just bought some comics from him and he’s really nice.  I’m glad that he’s getting money for my favorite creators as well.  Unfortunately he told me that Alan Moore is super pissed at DC and doesn’t really want to sign anything he did for them.  Rich must have put the charm on thick to get him to sign #37.  

I like this one too.  The first Constantine cover.

Swamp Thing vol. 2 #048 a 2.jpg

On 4/21/2020 at 4:18 PM, Rich_Henn said:

This is one of my favorites, I mean, the cover is brilliant, but Totleben did a really nice swampy head sketch as well.  He's "thumbnails" are better than most pro's full blow "sketches."  I had to do a quick glance just now because the grade is not indicative of how I roll.  Looks like a faint bend, back cover, could definitely improve upon a press.  Doubt I can get it past 9.6, but I should probably crack it and work it.

Swamp Thing Annual 5 CGC 9.2 s/s John Totleben w/remark head sketch

stann5.jpg

Hey Rich

Do you still have this copy and if so, would you consider selling it?

Best,

Jason Moore

1 minute ago, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

Can anyone out there In Internet land help me fill in the gaps with this one?  These are screenshots of my competitive Swamp Thing (Complete) set in the registry.  Swamp Thing turns 50 in 2021 and I want to finish it during that year, provided I don’t die hooked up to a ventilator first.

E4EDC174-92BE-4233-AA5E-A97FE3A6F23D.png

F38BAC6F-2ECC-4E8C-99EA-CFA175A61FB4.png

Swamp Thing rules any age.  Even the Plantinum Age.  (Remember, he can grow himself in the past.)

Question for Swamp Thing fans. I've never read any Swamp Thing comics, but I've picked up a few over the years that I'd like to work into my lockdown reading queue. Are either of these a good place to start, without any real knowledge of the character?

Roots of the Swamp Thing #1 - #5

Saga of the Swamp Thing TPB #1 (Collects Saga of the Swamp Thing (1982-1996 2nd Series) #20-27)

Thanks.

58 minutes ago, srezvan said:

Question for Swamp Thing fans. I've never read any Swamp Thing comics, but I've picked up a few over the years that I'd like to work into my lockdown reading queue. Are either of these a good place to start, without any real knowledge of the character?

Roots of the Swamp Thing #1 - #5

Saga of the Swamp Thing TPB #1 (Collects Saga of the Swamp Thing (1982-1996 2nd Series) #20-27)

Thanks.

Yes to both. If you don't want to collect them, then that's the way to start. I also recommend the Reprints for the first 10 issues of the title - I believe they are reprinted in three giant-sized DC issues which predate "The Saga . . . " because nothing beats reading them in newsprint. :)

1 hour ago, Rich_Henn said:

I meant to post in this thread yesterday but completely forgot. I have secured a private signing with Steve Bissette and John Totleben. Details of which can be found here.

YES!  Thanks for posting this because I don’t have Facebook.  

Edited by Jasonmorris1000000
Nothing

6 hours ago, Rich_Henn said:

I meant to post in this thread yesterday but completely forgot. I have secured a private signing with Steve Bissette and John Totleben. Details of which can be found here.

Any sketches @Rich_Henn

17 hours ago, Rich_Henn said:

Hey Rich,

You should also post this here:

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/forum/69-sigseries-event-central/

I tried to think of other key issues I should start hunting down, but found nothing really spoke to me and so decided to buy another copy of House of Secrets instead :D   I feel this was the correct choice  (newest copy is the raw the left; Low-grade 1.5 with top right corner of the cover ripped off but everything else is all there. Other raw copy is a 2.5 with the centrefold detached at one staple.)

swamp-three.thumb.jpg.4b13c30338cb93a7b7a16aac4ed1a5ae.jpg