• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DAREDEVIL #1 CLUB
15 15

944 posts in this topic

CGC4463651-001_OBV.thumb.jpg.f07653953c02764f2abbd49cfd8e5e21.jpgCGC4463651-001_REV.thumb.jpg.b507a952d861e85ee40693e8f2547418.jpg

Started as a CBCS 3.0 blue label (C-OW pages); sent to my presser, came back as a CGC 3.5 conserved label.

Was not expecting the conserved label. My presser does dry cleaning only so either they used something they shouldn't have or CBCS missed previous conservation work.

I am bummed but still very fortunate to have a book like this is my collection. I am not selling it so for now the conserved label isn't the end of the world but I do worry about in the future when my family goes to sell after I pass.

Still, cover is much improved than what it was before in the CBCS slab. I reached out to my presser so we will see what they do/not do to address the conserved label. Always a risk when you re-slab.

On 7/23/2024 at 11:55 AM, Jose2099 said:

CGC4463651-001_OBV.thumb.jpg.f07653953c02764f2abbd49cfd8e5e21.jpgCGC4463651-001_REV.thumb.jpg.b507a952d861e85ee40693e8f2547418.jpg

Started as a CBCS 3.0 blue label (C-OW pages); sent to my presser, came back as a CGC 3.5 conserved label.

Was not expecting the conserved label. My presser does dry cleaning only so either they used something they shouldn't have or CBCS missed previous conservation work.

I am bummed but still very fortunate to have a book like this is my collection. I am not selling it so for now the conserved label isn't the end of the world but I do worry about in the future when my family goes to sell after I pass.

Still, cover is much improved than what it was before in the CBCS slab. I reached out to my presser so we will see what they do/not do to address the conserved label. Always a risk when you re-slab.

It is a beautiful book. I'd check with your presser to see what he did. The notes say he cleaned the cover, which usually is reserved for chemical cleaning such as a hydrogen peroxide solution. It's possible to get hit if you overdo an eraser but seems far less likely. If he didn't use chemicals or a solution - which he definitely shouldn't without your permission - consider re-submitting. There are a lot of stories of CGC drawing a conclusion that a cover has been cleaned when it hasn't. 

Edited by Matt1982