• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Crow Rebooted from Relativity Studios
7 7

248 posts in this topic

On 8/25/2024 at 6:18 PM, RockMyAmadeus said:

smiley_nah.gif.d091c1248c50fc5921c9159866666ddf.gif

:eyeroll:

:facepalm:

Instead of playing the passive aggressive game, why not actually say how my assessment of Batman is wrong?

So, yeah.

He's also not showing you what he wrote me to prompt such a message in return or why I chose to block him.   But... cool.  I know I have it on an iPad somewhere but it's a moot point almost a year later. 

But again, instead of playing the passive aggressive game, why not actually say how my assessment was wrong?  

We know you won't.   So.. I don't expect anything from you but the usual.  Carry on there though, and believe it or not, I hope all is well with you. 

I also enjoyed the new Batman movie and have probably seen it 5+ times now. Even going to get Dad to watch it before we take in the Penguin show as he saw the preview for that and thought it looked interesting.

I thought Paul Dano did a great job making the Riddler actually relevant as a threat. Great acting all-around and I think the key to the whole movie was Pattinson in the Bat-suit for 90% of the film and as Bruce only a tiny bit.

On 8/25/2024 at 5:29 PM, grendel013 said:

It's bad enough you had to take the vow of silence @RockMyAmadeus. @VintageComics please don't get kicked off again, Roy. Some of us folk do like absorbing the knowledge on these boards. You getting kicked off for 6 months hasn't helped me much.

I appreciate you saying that. A lot. It means a lot to me. :smile:

On 8/26/2024 at 11:49 AM, RockMyAmadeus said:

that-is-bait.gif&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=458a6ab3

(shrug)

Really wasn't.  If you are going to comment I would like to hear your take on it.  If I have something to openly say when it comes to you I will say it.  And when I have misstepped in my words and you thought I was referring to and knocking you, I made sure that it reached you through a mutual friend of ours that I should have been more careful with my words when that was not my intent and I was sorry I let it seem that way.

In the past despite our falling out in the old moderation thread, I still recognize the wealth of information you have about this hobby.  I would never take that away from you.  So, as I said, instead of just posting emoji after emoji, I would like to see your take on Batman in relation to what I said. 

On 8/26/2024 at 1:49 PM, Chip Cataldo said:

I also enjoyed the new Batman movie and have probably seen it 5+ times now. Even going to get Dad to watch it before we take in the Penguin show as he saw the preview for that and thought it looked interesting.

I thought Paul Dano did a great job making the Riddler actually relevant as a threat. Great acting all-around and I think the key to the whole movie was Pattinson in the Bat-suit for 90% of the film and as Bruce only a tiny bit.

When Pattinson was announced, there were many that dismissed his portrayal of the character due to his association with the Twilight movies with many ignoring how that was merely a launching point and that he was more careful taking on other projects and who he chose to act against like Dafoe.   It was interesting you bring up that Pattinson is in the Bat-suit for the majority of the movie.  This was the first Batman movie that I could remember that it felt strange to see "Bruce Wayne" on screen.  

There is obviously enough going on with Reeves little pocket universe that when James Gunn was handed the keys to the DC Universe he wiped it all away except for that corner. 

Talk about handing off your beer to a friend and driving home the stake

Lionsgate’s “The Crow” reboot is a box office bomb after opening to $4.6 million on a reported production budget of $50 million. One person who isn’t exactly upset about the matter is filmmaker Alex Proyas, who directed the original “The Crow” adaptation in 1994. Proyas has long spoken out against the reboot, as his star Brandon Lee was killed on the set of the original movie. He’s been rejoicing on his Facebook page over the reboot flopping at the box office.

“I thought the remake was a cynical cash-grab. Not much cash to grab it seems,” Proyas wrote about the new film’s box office performance.

The director has also been sharing negative reviews of the reboot. One review called “The Crow” reboot “the worst movie of the year,” to which Proyas wrote: “The review we’ve all been waiting for. It’s a bit like flogging a dead horse now so I think I’ll stop after this…until another funny one comes along.”

Burn GIFs | GIFDB.com

On 8/27/2024 at 4:07 PM, aardvark88 said:

A comic collecting buddy who loved the original Crow movie, and is a heavy metal drummer, unfortunately, hated this reboot. Sorry.

That’s all I needed to hear.   As an ardent fan of the comics as well, I don’t see this impacting the cult following of the original series by O’Barr or the original movie, but what a failed opportunity.  

On 8/26/2024 at 12:58 PM, Bosco685 said:

Lionsgate is in trouble, as a smaller unaffiliated studio working under almost Cannon like 80's financing this could potentially bankrupt them.

The next big release is Megalopolis and while I am looking forward to it, I don't believe the general audiences are. Besides that I don't believe the next big ticket releases are until 2025 (Wick and maybe Saw?), the next Hunger Games spinoff isn't until 2026.

On 8/26/2024 at 11:30 PM, Buzzetta said:

When Pattinson was announced, there were many that dismissed his portrayal of the character due to his association with the Twilight movies with many ignoring how that was merely a launching point...

I cannot believe they would cast someone like that in the position of Batman. What's next, casting that guy from "Mr Mom" as Batman too? like that would ever work....  Mr. Mom as Batman? (La Times 1988)

Edited by DougC

On 8/27/2024 at 10:57 PM, DougC said:

I cannot believe they would cast someone like that in the position of Batman. What's next, casting that guy from "Mr Mom" as Batman too? like that would ever work....  Mr. Mom as Batman? (La Times 1988)

I was so glad the movie was well received across the board. I was never a fan of Affleck as Batman.

Seeing all the movies since Twilight, I knew Pattinson would nail it.

On 8/27/2024 at 11:57 PM, DougC said:

I remember the summer of '89 well. Batmania was in full swing, prices soared for EVERYTHING Batman (Tec 27 beat Marvel #1 as the most expensive book in the Guide for the 1st time ever) and everyone, even non-comic book people were talking about the movie. It was on television everywhere. 

The casting of Keaton by Burton to play Batman was very different than casting Robert Pattison. It was a real gamble. 

Keaton wasn't cool. He played a mom. It was a brutal uphill battle for him in that regard. 

Robert Pattison already has the teenage crowd following him. He's a heartthrob.

Keaton had nobody. 

And this speaks to the creativity of Burton, able to literally make something out of nothing. That's what artists did. They took long swings, took chances and broke molds to create something daring and special.

Today, nobody would take someone like Keaton and make them Batman. They'd take a Daniel Craig or a Pattison, with an already built in, established cool factor and cheat. 

Burton made Mr. Mom cool. There are very few people today who take such risks. 

On 9/10/2024 at 6:48 PM, Bosco685 said:

Anyone that has been naughty this year Black Pete is going to add this movie to your digital account

So here is a question for you.

I think it is safe to say that this movie is a failure to the character and the property.   I am not asking this as a studio, but as a fellow movie goer.  How long does it take for the palate to be cleansed for there to be another attempt at adapting this intellectual property?