• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HERITAGE FEB 2015 - Spam Free Edition

183 posts in this topic

Generally speaking, individuals on a fixed total budget for the auction like to bid early. If they get outbid on their maximum bid for an item early in the process, they can re-deploy the funds to a different item and go all out on the last day.

Cheers!

N.

Sound advice, as always, Nelson (thumbs u

Bidding seems slow.

It's the slowest I've ever seen it.

Not much great material here comics wise too... Everybody is holding seeing what avengers 2 does and its the first time that comic art goes onthe first day... Mini sign auction?

Bidding seems slow.

It's the slowest I've ever seen it.

Not much great material here comics wise too... Everybody is holding seeing what avengers 2 does and its the first time that comic art goes onthe first day... Mini sign auction?

Avengers 2? The movie?

:news: :news: :news:

THE HERITAGE AUCTION IS NOW LIVE!! THE WEBSITE SAYS 12:00PM CENTRAL TIME, BUT IT STARTED AT NOON EASTERN TIME!! :mad::mad::mad:

:news: :news: :news:

Didn't hurt prices or bidding though. There have been more live bids than I can remember seeing and the prices of Cracked art is way stronger than I could have imagined.

It works for me?!

HeritageLive is working fine, but you wouldn't know even to sign on to HeritageLive, because the message in the "Time Left" column is still counting down the minutes to a 1pm start (currently 14 minutes before the live session starts). :doh:

thx for the heads up. I wouldn't be too pleased if I had consigned the first few items in the auction :eek:

In theory it could have been bad, but I don't think anyone with Cracked art is feeling any pain right now. One cover for $14k and another near $10k. Every one of those pieces looked to be at least double conventional wisdom's estimate.

Thanks Gene!!!!

I would have been waiting another 30 minutes if I did not see your post.

many thanks

Matthew

No problem. (thumbs u

I'm just glad that I wasn't going after any early lots - I freaking went out to grab lunch at noon! I would have been royally pizzed if I had come back and found that I missed out on something. :mad:

Obviously bad communication on their part

I just got an e-mail from another friend - said he was lucky that Heritage called him up for a phone bid, because he thought the auction was starting at 1pm NYC time as well. Crazy.

Where was everybody seeing 1pm? When I checked the live auction link a week ago it said 11 am eastern. (shrug)

On the "My Bids" page, which is what I assume most people look at, it said "Session 1,

12:00 PM CT, Thursday, February 19. Live auction in _________"

Until we hit 1pm Eastern time, it was still counting down the minutes until the start of the live session.