• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HERITAGE FEB 2015 - Spam Free Edition

183 posts in this topic

Clearly America is not ready for European (yet). Hope HA does the work to cultivate this segment a bit...there's some phenomenal art over there!

Not ready for mediocre European art. I did pick up one of the better ones with no competition so maybe you're right.

I used to own The Guardians of the Galaxy pages that were up for auction. Looks like the movie hype died compared to the 13k sale late last year. These were far superior IMO especial the splash page. Not sure why Heritage split up the double page spread I think the price of the second was killed by the sale of the first half.

I used to own The Guardians of the Galaxy pages that were up for auction. Looks like the movie hype died compared to the 13k sale late last year. These were far superior IMO especial the splash page. Not sure why Heritage split up the double page spread I think the price of the second was killed by the sale of the first half.

Did someone mention the GOTG splash page 12 going cheap? :banana::whee::banana::whee::banana:

X-Men 142 page went for far less than I expected.

Very memorable scene, but I think when you factor in character content (forget Wolverine and Phoenix, no Storm, Colossus, Nightcrawler etc....), it ended up about where it should have.

Any thoughts on the Cockrum X-Men 162 cover selling for $22.7K?

I think that's a steal. Given that the issue is a very very early solo Wolverine story, and given the interior team page that went for almost 1/2 what the cover sold for....it seemed light.

$30k felt like the floor.

If he'd been slashing Brood with his claws, the sky was the limit on this cover.

Surprise discussion?

Overall, on my watch list, I didn't see a lot of surprises

I did have that Williamson strip on my list while not my area of expertise it did draw my eye

BWS did quite well, not shocking but strong

One I did notice that went above my expectation...

91047 - Buscema J. Chamber of Darkness - $4K seemed strong for non-hero

Mark

P.S. Looking forward to posting 2 wins...

Underbidder on the Smith Wolverine :sorry:

The Weapon X page?

I know the winner of the PAUL Smith Marvel Universe Wolverine. He is pretty stoked.

Good buy I think. Their 2nd scan shows how big that one is on the board:

wolverine.jpg

Surprise discussion?

I did have that Williamson strip on my list while not my area of expertise it did draw my eye

Mark

Love the inks on the Chamber of Darkness but the price is a bit of a head scratcher.

Surprise discussion?

Mark

Love the inks on the Chamber of Darkness but the price is a bit of a head scratcher.

This page was so important to me that I was ready to go nearly to 3K, which is purely stupid. I cannot imagine why anyone would want it more than me, much less two people. It is the craziest price in the auction that I noticed.

Feldstein EC cover was a good buy for someone. Wouldn't be surprised to see that one land with a dealer.

The Panic cover?

I think he meant the sci-fi cover.

Indeed, the WEIRD SCIENCE cover. An flagship EC title cover for $20K counts as a nice deal these days. Could definitely see it marked up from a dealer (which it won't be now).