• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EVERYTHING SOLD.....thanks all!

1,469 posts in this topic

That's true. I kind of like listing one by one though. I will think it over.

Soured me? Hell no. On the verge of a total sell through. awesome!

A lot of people have a lot of hot Copper and Modern books but to have that many Silver and Bronze keys is incredible.

For the record, I appreciated Nik's post. Simply because he won so many books and often at a price that seemed high enough to not be an obvious flip candidate so I was kind of curious what was going on. I read his post as simply a statement of purpose that put to rest the questions, as well as a comment that he was more or less tossing some of the wins back to the community.

Sheesh by the way people are acting you'd think this is the only place to buy comics

:thumbsup:

It was yesterday (if you had a fast internet connection and no problem sitting on the refresh key). Made my Monday go quick.

Like someone else said and I agree, the sales thread Roy did only allowing buyers two books in a 24 hour period took the fast internet out of the equation. If the books were still available after 24 hours then they were fair game. Just something else to think about.

I'm glad this hasn't soured you on future sales. I look forward to certain sales on the boards and your sales are definitely worth looking forward to. I'm very happy with the one comic I got :banana:

That said, I do empathize with the guys who had slightly slower internet. I tried, on a few books, to give it to the third buyer instead of the first. I will also talk to Brian about ideas on how to spread the purchases around a bit more in the future.

How about this for an idea? Set everything up with clickable thumbnails, listed VCC style. Instead of people just hitting refresh over and over and over, all the books would be listed in a few posts. Buyers would have to look through everything instead of just hitting F5 continuously.

That format would allow the posting of all comics for sale at once, or nearly at once.

I like that idea... there were a couple of books I was looking forward to seeing but they were posted and purchased between my page refreshing. lol

I think that's a given! Nobody buys these comics to see them depreciate in value, that's for sure.

Dirty pool old man (tsk)

I don’t even want to know what that means in english… :eek:

Pool as in billiards..... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Indeed. And dirty pool is playing in such a way that although you aren't breaking any rules, you're not exactly playing fair or 'nice' either :)

Did you know that with the exception of a couple of good books, dealers won most of the quick selling stuff that I didn't?

Congratulations. I move that we rename this place the Dealers' Society Message Boards.

Yep, that may be more app as flippers/dealers may actually out number pure collectors. 75% of the books I sell are to people looking for an upside in the future.

I'm glad this hasn't soured you on future sales. I look forward to certain sales on the boards and your sales are definitely worth looking forward to. I'm very happy with the one comic I got :banana:

That said, I do empathize with the guys who had slightly slower internet. I tried, on a few books, to give it to the third buyer instead of the first. I will also talk to Brian about ideas on how to spread the purchases around a bit more in the future.

How about this for an idea? Set everything up with clickable thumbnails, listed VCC style. Instead of people just hitting refresh over and over and over, all the books would be listed in a few posts. Buyers would have to look through everything instead of just hitting F5 continuously.

That format would allow the posting of all comics for sale at once, or nearly at once.

The method he did his sale is probably the best way to do it. Foolkiller and October have good reputations of knowing how to grade, and they price their books, for the most part, with gravy left on the table for the next guy. That's why they sell like hotcakes.

Everyone can see the feeding frenzy that ensued. For the seller, it's like a dream come true. He could list a burning bag of poop and you would see 3 or 4 :takeit: graemlins. I've also had a sale like that, albeit they were only war books, but the buyers were snappin' at every single book I put up. Quite surreal, actually. :cloud9:

One thing he could consider, is implementing what you suggested, Jeff, with the VVC-style thumbnails, but randomly sorted into his sales thread. Just make sure the sale has legs before putting that in there. 2c Then, wrap it up with another 50-book feeding frenzy. :D

As to the new discussion, this was definitely on my mind yesterday. How to spread books around.

Roy had a very nice idea a year ago in his board appreciation thread where he limited it to two books a day per person plus unlimited books that had already survived 24 hours with no takers. This thread was too big for a two book limit, but for the books from the picture maybe a five book limit might've still gotten everything sold fast, thus not penalizing Andy,

Andy's idea to have certain books go to the third buyer was useful. The auction was very interesting and daring. I don't remember any Foolkiller rules that really evened it out--I'd be happy for anyone to refresh my memory on that. I gave up on the final Foolkiller threads. With my connection I simply could not win a sngle book. Same for me after the lunch break yesterday. My whole goal for the picture books was to win one Batman 189 and maybe one other book (perhaps an FF 48). Couldn't even do that, but I had fun.

Another idea I had would be to say (again, just for the hot keys) first I'll take it timestamped the minute after the stamp on the original posting gets it. That would add a randomness to it. Sometimes the first would get it. Mostly not. If no one took it during the open minute, it could defer to who took it first in the "non-allowable" minute it was posted.

Jeffro's idea is very interesting. The downside is that you'd absolutely have to be free that minute or you'd miss participating in the sale.

Frankly, for a wonderful, big sale like this one (that Andy wants to compress into two listing days) I could see using a variety of these suggestions to get the suggested result without costing the seller any sales.

As to the new discussion, this was definitely on my mind yesterday. How to spread books around.

Roy had a very nice idea a year ago in his board appreciation thread where he limited it to two books a day per person plus unlimited books that had already survived 24 hours with no takers. This thread was too big for a two book limit, but for the books from the picture maybe a five book limit might've still gotten everything sold fast, thus not penalizing Andy,

Andy's idea to have certain books go to the third buyer was useful. The auction was very interesting and daring. I don't remember any Foolkiller rules that really evened it out--I'd be happy for anyone to refresh my memory on that. I gave up on the final Foolkiller threads. With my connection I simply could not win a sngle book. Same for me after the lunch break yesterday. My whole goal for the picture books was to win one Batman 189 and maybe one other book (perhaps an FF 48). Couldn't even do that, but I had fun.

Another idea I had would be to say (again, just for the hot keys) first I'll take it timestamped the minute after the stamp on the original posting gets it. That would add a randomness to it. Sometimes the first would get it. Mostly not. If no one took it during the open minute, it could defer to who took it first in the "non-allowable" minute it was posted.

Jeffro's idea is very interesting. The downside is that you'd absolutely have to be free that minute or you'd miss participating in the sale.

Frankly, for a wonderful, big sale like this one (that Andy wants to compress into two listing days) I could see using a variety of these suggestions to get the suggested result without costing the seller any sales.

Thanks for the suggestions. The problem with the 24 hour 2 book limit and the one minute timestamp sales are that they create extra logistical work for me. I want different people to win, and people to get a shot at the books they want, but not if it costs me hours of extra work. I just can't fit it all in and list the same volume of stuff.

I think Brian did something at the end, where you could only buy one of the last 10 or 20 books if you hadn't already won something. I might consider that.

I don't mind the thread derailment, it's an important discussion I guess.

I want to be clear. I don't have a problem with dealers or resellers buying my stuff. 75% of more of my sales, on and off the boards, go to guys who immediately mark the books up. I am fine with that. I have a full time job and I don't have the time or patience to retail my books. I would much rather spend the time I have tracking down more stuff to buy and leave some money on the table when selling wholesale.

Thanks to everyone for buying. These threads are a lot of work, but they are also a lot of fun. I will plan to do another one of similar quality 6-12 months from now.

I think he limited the amount of books you could snag to like 1 or 2 for a certain time limit. Something like that I believe.

Glad I was able to pick up a few books before the real frenzy here began. After that I was way too slow and was working.