• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EVERYTHING SOLD.....thanks all!

1,469 posts in this topic

Im butthurt I didn't snag a single book. Thread was running while at work, so I missed out. I didn't see bullying when i was able to sift through the ashes last night. Maybe some poking fun. If there were PM bullying, as someone else stated, then, yes report it. Seems it's a lot of missed opportunity for some, simply due to timing, regardless as to how skewed it may or may not have been when the :takeit: posted and by whom. 2c

Spoken just like a bully, so maybe you don't get the concept! :kidaround:

I hope nobody felt "bullied". If they did, they need to sack up and grow a pair.

unless they were actually bullied.

How would one get bullied in a sales thread like this? That word gets thrown around way too easily.

Maybe you don't understand the meaning of the world "bully"

Then again, how are you any different from anyone else in this thread??

Nice stuff

I didn't claim to be better or worse than anyone else!

Bullying, definition:

Physical (hitting, punching, or kicking)

Verbal (name-calling or taunting)

Relational (destroying peer acceptance and friendships)

Cyber-bullying (using electronic means to harm others)

Spoken just like a bully, so maybe you don't get the concept! :kidaround:

I hope nobody felt "bullied". If they did, they need to sack up and grow a pair.

unless they were actually bullied.

How would one get bullied in a sales thread like this? That word gets thrown around way too easily.

Maybe you don't understand the meaning of the world "bully"

Then again, how are you any different from anyone else in this thread??

Nice stuff

This thread is the most active sales thread even after all the books are sold and its closed. October should quickly go buy some more books to sell - keep this train a going.

Im butthurt I didn't snag a single book. Thread was running while at work, so I missed out. I didn't see bullying when i was able to sift through the ashes last night. Maybe some poking fun. If there were PM bullying, as someone else stated, then, yes report it. Seems it's a lot of missed opportunity for some, simply due to timing, regardless as to how skewed it may or may not have been when the :takeit: posted and by whom. 2c

Spidey, I know we are a minority but October's timing was optimal to allow also us European boardies to participate. :foryou:

As far as I know, nobody has been criticising the seller. Don't know why some people are getting that impression. October ran a professional and successful sales thread and he has nothing but kudos from me for it.

This thread is the most active sales thread even after all the books are sold and its closed. October should quickly go buy some more books to sell - keep this train a going.

lol

Since when is it the seller's responsibility to make sure everyone gets a book. Not everyone gets a goody bag. Sorry.

Who were you replying to and what do you mean?

I was replying to Spidey-fan, and I don’t see what you might have read in the previous posts… hm

Since when is it the seller's responsibility to make sure everyone gets a book. Not everyone gets a goody bag. Sorry.

Who were you replying to and what do you mean?

I was replying to Spidey-fan, and I don’t see what you might have read in the previous posts… hm

I was referring to the complaints about one person getting a lot of the books. The proposed idea of a waiver wire, or limiting buyers to a set number of purchases. Etc

There was a thread a while back where there was a walking dead 1 available to the first person to post ill take it at a set time. I waited and got ready to post. Posted as the clock changed and ended up like fifteenth. I didn't complain about it. I just didn't win. Win some lose some. Move along.

I was referring to the complaints about one person getting a lot of the books. The proposed idea of a waiver wire, or limiting buyers to a set number of purchases. Etc

There was a thread a while back where there was a walking dead 1 available to the first person to post ill take it at a set time. I waited and got ready to post. Posted as the clock changed and ended up like fifteenth. I didn't complain about it. I just didn't win. Win some lose some. Move along.

Ah, OK, I see what you mean.

I agree it does not make much sense to complain about someone or someone other getting more books etc. but you can’t expect people not to complain (in the good sense) if they lose a book they were really hoping to get for their collection. :)

I recall the thread… Jason is cool and can really be an awesomely generous person when the occasion arises.

I agree it does not make much sense to complain about someone or someone other getting more books etc. but you can’t expect people not to complain (in the good sense) if they lose a book they were really hoping to get for their collection. :)

I recall the thread… Jason is cool and can really be an awesomely generous person when the occasion arises.

I can expect adults not complain when they didn't win a book that someone else won within the rules.

Move along.

Well now that you've decreed there's no issue here, we can all forget about this thread I guess. :eyeroll:

When i said move along it was a general statement that you win some and lose some and then you move on. But in relation to this thread, it is also appropriate. Books were sold to buyers who claimed them within the rules. I don't see any issues.

I can expect adults not complain when they didn't win a book that someone else won within the rules.

And that’s what I said in the sentence right before the one you bolded. ;)

And that’s what I said in the sentence right before the one you bolded. ;)

Agreed. :)

Reading this thread reminds me of a soccer game I attended.

My grandson was five, and playing in a sponsored league game.

All the kids got equal playing time, we (the fans, and parents) were asked to cheer only for the team, not individual players.

No one kept score, and every kid got a trophy.

:cloud9: