• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spider Gwen Phantom variants selling over 130 copies online in an hour

55 posts in this topic

and

Is this a new record?

Third eye is going to get a lot of negatives for this. If the book turns out to be a $20 book, they will cancel all orders. They do it a lot. Something about their mail carrier always throwing away the packages. Even if it doesnt become high dollar, they probably didnt order that many.

They have almost 4,000 transactions and only 2 negatives with a rating of 99.9% rating. I am surprised that no one has complained about it before.

I hate everything about Spider-Gwen. To me, that's why modern books always lose out to Silver & Bronze. It's nothing but rubbish, pants, twaddle and waffle.

Peace,

Chip

But, but, but.....the costume is keeeeewl! First appearance of a costume on a character created 50 years ago for $1000, woo-hoo!! lol

-J.

and

Is this a new record?

Third eye is going to get a lot of negatives for this. If the book turns out to be a $20 book, they will cancel all orders. They do it a lot. Something about their mail carrier always throwing away the packages. Even if it doesn't become high dollar, they probably didnt order that many.

Wait so are you saying they usually do this if/when their $14 book starts selling for $20??

And they had their chance to raise their price after 2-3 separate listings went like hotcakes?

And this is typical? :o

Dare I ask: what's a Spider Gwen?

This :tonofbricks:

Spider-Gwen-banner.jpg

So is this an alternate universe Gwen Stacy?

It's more out of morbid curiosity. Nothing I've found online really explains much. I feel bad for Spidey fans. Marvel is constantly trying to make those titles relevant to audiences, but like a kid with ADD, they can't really stick to their gameplan longer than a few months.

Dayyymn.. Who knew gwenie had so many fans here~ :P

Oh come on...

Are really gonna say you didn't get choked up when she was suddenly killed while spider-man thought he was saving her?

In that other universe.

40-something years ago.

I think the problem is that we have a pre-existing character, with a bunch of baggage as it is, being "re-imagined" and shoehorned in to a pre-existing concept, and too many people running around trying to hype a "first appearance" that isn't, and making it seem as though there is a great and vast library of cannon and storylines that justify the hype.

Let's be clear, this character only works because of Spider-man. You like Gwen Stacy because you like Spider-man and she is Peter Parker's dead girlfriend. You like the costume because it's a neat variation of Spider-man's costume. You like the cover swipes because they remind of you of Spider-man covers. You like the origin storyline because it is Peter Parker's origin storyline.

Ease off on the hype machine fellas, or this "new" character will be played out and over-exposed before "Issue 1" even drops. My 2 cents.

-J.

I think the problem is that we have a pre-existing character, with a bunch of baggage as it is, being "re-imagined" and shoehorned in to a pre-existing concept, and too many people running around trying to hype a "first appearance" that isn't, and making it seem as though there is a great and vast library of cannon and storylines that justify the hype.

Let's be clear, this character only works because of Spider-man. You like Gwen Stacy because you like Spider-man and she is Peter Parker's dead girlfriend. You like the costume because it's a neat variation of Spider-man's costume. You like the cover swipes because they remind of you of Spider-man covers. You like the origin storyline because it is Peter Parker's origin storyline.

Ease off on the hype machine fellas, or this "new" character will be played out and over-exposed before "Issue 1" even drops. My 2 cents.

-J.

With all due respect.. WE do not have a problem.. The market is a very healthy one and its because its being innovative and catering to a new generation of fans. lets not get ahead of ourselves here.. Its a cool character, one which maybe neither you or I can associate with, but its certainly not A PROBLEM

They have almost 4,000 transactions and only 2 negatives with a rating of 99.9% rating. I am surprised that no one has complained about it before.

They have. Third eye takes breaks until negatives fall off. Still 2 negatives online for them about that. When thief of thieves 1 turned hot i ordered 3 from them at cover, never sent. During that month they had 7 negatives for that. "Sent but returned to sender. Offered refund" was the feedback response of the month for them.