• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOSED

62 posts in this topic

Can we work out a lease agreement? I'll lease for X months at Y dollars and then return it to you at the end of that period :-)

Wouldn't you also have the option to buy at the end of the leasing period?

Can we work out a lease agreement? I'll lease for X months at Y dollars and then return it to you at the end of that period :-)

Wouldn't you also have the option to buy at the end of the leasing period?

No, you are confusing a lease with "rent to own" (which is also an option. ;)

Honestly, there is no definitive answer on this. I have some other stuff in CLink, and if it does well, I might not need to sell this book. On the other hand, if the auctions go poorly, I might be more willing to accept the offer on the table. It could go either way.

The $/point concept always intrigued me. I think Rick started the whole thing lol

it breaksdown if you go beyond a couple grades (e.g., 0.5-2.5).....higher grade copies will be much more. jmnsho

So Joey - to clarify - are you saying that it is hard to apply price per point for mid grade and above?

I think there are definite curves to it:

0.5 - 1.0: Typically sell far above "average price per point" as cheapest entry point for collectors (always more competition at the bottom)

1.5 - 4.5: This is the sweet spot of "price per point" comparisons

5.0 - 6.0: More often than not, still adhere to "ppp" - but, in some cases, are actually a bit softer as these grades often fall in to "no-man's land" - too expensive for mid-grade collectors, not nice enough for high-grade collectors

6.5 - up: Outperform "ppp" as "high grade" books that command a premium.

Years ago I wrote a long "article" about my price per point concept , for ospg. It somehow didn't make it into the book (email got misfiled or something) and I never submitted another

I think there are definite curves to it:

0.5 - 1.0: Typically sell far above "average price per point" as cheapest entry point for collectors (always more competition at the bottom)

1.5 - 4.5: This is the sweet spot of "price per point" comparisons

5.0 - 6.0: More often than not, still adhere to "ppp" - but, in some cases, are actually a bit softer as these grades often fall in to "no-man's land" - too expensive for mid-grade collectors, not nice enough for high-grade collectors

6.5 - up: Outperform "ppp" as "high grade" books that command a premium.

(thumbs u

Years ago I wrote a long "article" about my price per point concept , for ospg. It somehow didn't make it into the book (email got misfiled or something) and I never submitted another

Happen to still have it somewhere? Would love to see it.

Happen to still have it somewhere? Would love to see it.

+1