• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ATTN: Forum Members

43 posts in this topic

Dear Board Members,

I have come to a couple of revelations:

1) I tend to take things too personally hi.gif

2) I spend way too much time on these boards, it's keeping me from more important things.

and most importantly

3) My attitude towards collecting is a lot different than probably 90% of the members here. I read some posts and think "it shouldn't be that way" or "that's psychotic." And even though what you all say is true, in terms of comic collecting standards, I just have different opinions about it all (i.e. OS, FMV, protection, you name it).

Anyway, if I am not totally banished from these boards, I am going to spend some major time away from them. My views of comic collecting differ so much from a lot of people here that we are just never going to see things eye to eye. I don't mean to start fights, it just sort of happens. And its probably due to the fact that I don't really have many friends to hang out with in the place I'm current residing. So I'm pretty much couped up all day and night alone insane.gif

Anyway, my apologies, because I'm so short tempered. If anyone wants to remain in contact to talk about modern comics issues (aside from FMV of $1.00 comics 27_laughing.gif), feel free to email me. So, until I make a return, which I'm not sure when that'll be, I bid you all Happy Hunting.

K. H. flowerred.gifhi.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif I actually agree with a lot of what you say on here Khurst (although I am not sure about the whole $1.00 value thing). Sucks seeing you go as it is always nice to have someone on here who posts low-midgrade stuff. I have not spent more than $60 on a comic in my life and it would be nice if more people around here posted their cheap eBay finds and inexpensive lower grade comics. Don't get me wrong, I love seeing HG as much as the next person, but it's cool to see I am not alone in the grades and value I am interested in. Hope you come back soon....

Hmmm, this is news to me, so who were you getting into it with anyway - a lot of people around here are off their meds this time of year, or need a double dose to deal with post holiday I didnt get Action #1 in my stocking again syndrome.

My advice, hang out at the Modern / Copper boards (please someone hang out in the Copper 27_laughing.gif) that was you can talk new books to death with everyone there thumbsup2.gif to each his own. As for living in an isolated community 27_laughing.gif I live in the Monterey / Carmel area bro, trust me I'll take the lack of nightlife, absence of babes (under 45) Pepsi challenge with anyone, bring it on.

Dear Board Members,

2) I spend way too much time on these boards, it's keeping me from more important things.

and most importantly

3) My attitude towards collecting is a lot different than probably 90% of the members here. I read some posts and think "it shouldn't be that way" or "that's psychotic." And even though what you all say is true, in terms of comic collecting standards, I just have different opinions about it all (i.e. OS, FMV, protection, you name it).

Anyway, if I am not totally banished from these boards, I am going to spend some major time away from them. My views of comic collecting differ so much from a lot of people here that we are just never going to see things eye to eye. I don't mean to start fights, it just sort of happens. And its probably due to the fact that I don't really have many friends to hang out with in the place I'm current residing. So I'm pretty much couped up all day and night alone insane.gif

Anyway, my apologies, because I'm so short tempered. If anyone wants to remain in contact to talk about modern comics issues (aside from FMV of $1.00 comics 27_laughing.gif), feel free to email me. So, until I make a return, which I'm not sure when that'll be, I bid you all Happy Hunting.

I promised myself I wouldn't cry!

COME BACK JERRY!

YOU HAD ME AT HELLO!

I disagree with your leaving? The most important part of our field is pushing the envelope! I agree to disagree, as Bruce Hamilton once said at the 1999 Overstreet Advisor's conference, "Can't we all shut the [#@$%!!!] up and get along?"

It's all Joanna's fault. She treated him like a piece of MEAT! 893whatthe.gif

This was taken way back in 2002, on Huntington Beach, SC.

Kendall01.jpg

Wow, what a cutie!

-- Joanna

It's all Joanna's fault. She treated him like a piece of MEAT! 893whatthe.gif

This was taken way back in 2002, on Huntington Beach, SC.

Kendall01.jpg

Wow, what a cutie!

-- Joanna

Well...he is a hottie... blush.gifcrazy.gif

OK,....if that's the way you want it,...but just so you know,..once you leave it's impossible to come back........

what ya talkin about?

this is a comics forum.....where no character(other than bucky) stays dead...and no forum member leaves(he just changes his name) stooges.gif

khurst,

my 2 cents

You got into a &issing(no not kissing) contest with a group of forumites who've been around the hobby for awhile and who are for lack of a better word "experienced" collectors/dealers/speculators. You shared your 2 cents with them and they responded in kind....and that's part of why we're here on this forum - to share comic collecting ideas. Take the experience and learn from it.

Everyone approaches this hobby from their own perspective, whether it is simply for the reading enjoyment or flipping books or both. Give it another try here on the boards and you'll most likely find other like-minded folks you can relate too...and also others you don't relate, but you can still share ideas with them.

Either way..keep your hobby enjoyment alive by either coming back or joining another board(there are a few decent ones out there).

Comics shared are twice as nice. Especially if it's just you and them in a dark but "cool-dry place"(Traveling Wilbury's tribute 893applaud-thumb.gif)

Khurst... my first reaction is to tell you stop being such a FDQ.

But that would not help... devil.gif

So I will offer you this...you are correct in realizing you need to step away once in awhile. Resisting the urge to not answer EVERY post you see is a lesson that is hard to learn. You joined the forum with both guns blazing... 800 posts in a little over a month... THAT is alot. This forum is an awesome place to hang out and talk comics. We all come from different walks of life, all have a different slant on comics, the market, what we collect etc... that is what makes it great.. if we all talked Moderns.. and agreed on EVERYTHINNG.. this place would be very.. sleeping.gif

I myself am coming up on my 1 year anniversary hear..and in that year.. I have made many friends, had MANY flame fights, acted silly,made a few statements like you just did about needing to leave, made declarations about why I needed to spend my time in other ways, I have said some wise things, and said MANY stupid things, I got my feelings hurt, and probably hurt others also.. But in the end I have LEARNED a ton.. and made, and kept MANY friendships that will hopefully continue over the years.

Be proud of who you are, and why you are different.Once you accept the fact that you are as much a loser as the rest of us.. the better off you will be. insane.gif I had to learn the hard way not to try and compare collections, be proud of what I own and like. And most importantly .. who cares what a fellow forum geek says, or thinks about me.. I would say to them.. ." HAVE AT YOU"

So I say.. cut back on the posting, try and make what you say have impact.. offer your thoughts on things you have an opinion about.. and have fun.

Comics are fun, there is no right or wrong about how you enjoy them.

How bout we give you a free.. DO-OVER, and this recent farewall post jibber jabber you just made is wiped clean.

Besides in 3 days you will have totally forgot why you even said such things.. and and be posting like a fiend.

As was said earlier....

It is best to wait a few minutes before you clik submit.

Keep your feelings in a box beside your computer, and have fun.. even if there are those you do not like, or disagree with.. you can still learn from them.

What do ya say?

flowerred.gif

Ze-

hi.gif I came back this morning just to relay one reason why I won't be here. Its not so much the whole debacle that went down yesterday with values of low end comics, but more the fact that I have a thesis to finish in the next 3 months. What I don't need is to spend my afternoons on the boards 27_laughing.gif

I need to get a lot of work accomplished, and unfortunately, I'm the type of person who reads something on a board and finds it extremely difficult not to reply. So my best bet is to just stay away until I finish what I need to get done. flowerred.gif

I'll check up on some of you occassionally.

And its probably due to the fact that I don't really have many friends to hang out with in the place I'm current residing. So I'm pretty much couped up all day and night alone

Come back when you can thumbsup2.gif

Or perhaps you should have said, "when you get out of the joint." 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I agree with Z. thumbsup2.gif

There is a lot to learn here from many fantastic collectors and dealers.

So much information can be learned by having conversations with these people, it's a shame to pass it up.

Try to take this information for what it is.

It's easy to take things posted here personally. But if you were face to face with everyone having the same conversation, you'd get a more personable message out of it and feel less threatened.

Putting personality and emotion into a post is nearly impossible to do, so you have to keep your mind open.

You can never make everyone agree 100% of the time, so it's no use trying.

As Z said, if we all agreed, these threads would be boring.

Always keep in the back of your mind that you're here to learn and have fun.

Sure...we kid around, laugh, cry, and make fun of people. But we're all here because we love comics. We just don't all love the *same* comics.

Take a few days off. We all need to from time to time. But be sure to come back, as I appreciate your input and point of view.

I'm sure most everyone else does as well. The ones that don't, can't be helped anyway, so don't bother trying. poke2.gif

Dear Board Members,

and most importantly

Sounds like I missed another flame war dang! foreheadslap.gif

Hey my approach to collecting is way more different than yours sumo.gif

Finish the thesis and come on back we need some different attitudes around here.

I find when the market for a particular comic is less then the "value" in my mind I am happier sitting on the book until the market agress with me. I will of course need to be very patient with some books!

Come On Dazzler Movie!!

hi.gif I came back this morning just to relay one reason why I won't be here. Its not so much the whole debacle that went down yesterday with values of low end comics, but more the fact that I have a thesis to finish in the next 3 months. What I don't need is to spend my afternoons on the boards

While you're still in school, take Econ 101. That'll help you understand what everybody was arguing with you for regarding comic values.

stooges.gif

Seriously, the thesis is more important. Get it done. Once you finish it and get a high-powered executive job you can spend all your time on the boards like the rest of us....

27_laughing.gif