• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Action Figure Cover Thread!

2,130 posts in this topic

When will the Figure Variant for Spread #7 come out? I cant find it on and of the preorder sites

Pre order deadline is passed as far as I know. IT was solicited a while back, but was delayed if i'm not mistaken.

From John

Email 1

"I'm about to board a flight, which seems to be at a bad time considering the book is about to sell out. I had NO IDEA it would sell this fast, and it's because of people like you, who have been so cool and patient that I want to make sure I take care of you!

Since I haven't had a chance to respond to your email, I've set aside some books to make sure those of you who emailed me before the sell out get your copies!"

Email 2

"Matt

Unfortunately we are not offering any discounts. Although the book sold out, I've held some aside for the people I hadn't got to"

From John

Email 1

"I'm about to board a flight, which seems to be at a bad time considering the book is about to sell out. I had NO IDEA it would sell this fast, and it's because of people like you, who have been so cool and patient that I want to make sure I take care of you!

Since I haven't had a chance to respond to your email, I've set aside some books to make sure those of you who emailed me before the sell out get your copies!"

Email 2

"Matt

Unfortunately we are not offering any discounts. Although the book sold out, I've held some aside for the people I hadn't got to"

Yeah he emailed me yesterday saying he had kept mine back as he was heading to a con this weekend and would sort it out when he got back

From John

Email 1

Email 2

"Matt

Yeah he emailed me yesterday saying he had kept mine back as he was heading to a con this weekend and would sort it out when he got back

He said the same to me. Seems like a really nice guy :)

Really like the approach he took. This would explain the huge amount of books that were taken off the total count yesterday around mid afternoon.

Could be a good sign for those who missed the boat as more could become available in the coming weeks as he may not need all the ones he set aside.

When will the Figure Variant for Spread #7 come out? I cant find it on and of the preorder sites

Pre order deadline is passed as far as I know. IT was solicited a while back, but was delayed if i'm not mistaken.

The Spread covers have far and away been the best in terms of realism. The Marvel ones, while cool, are just not up to par.

I am curious what the ratio will be for the Star Wars #4 variant featuring Chewbacca. The reason I ask is because I remember when issue #4 was solicited in Previews and in the retailer price booklet, there was no mention of a retailer exclusive #4 so I had thought that the action figure variants were just for the first three issues. I wonder if for #4 it will be a 1:1 ratio and not something a retailer has to order 15 or so copies of the standard version?

I am curious what the ratio will be for the Star Wars #4 variant featuring Chewbacca. The reason I ask is because I remember when issue #4 was solicited in Previews and in the retailer price booklet, there was no mention of a retailer exclusive #4 so I had thought that the action figure variants were just for the first three issues. I wonder if for #4 it will be a 1:1 ratio and not something a retailer has to order 15 or so copies of the standard version?

Pretty sure it's a 1:1. Not a retailer though, so that's just what I was told.

I think the action figs are incentive based on how many of another title you had previously purchased. (shrug)

I think the action figs are incentive based on how many of another title you had previously purchased. (shrug)

Could be, like I said, I only have second hand info.

Previews has Star Wars #4 as a 1:25 variant and a 1:100 Cassaday Sketch variant, based on orders of Star Wars #4 regular.

Yes, but those aren't the action figure variants, which is what threw things off for me. The first three issues of Star Wars each had the action figure retailer exclusive variant listed in the retailer's order form booklet, I want to say it was a store could order 1 copy for every 10 (or possibly 15) copies of the standard edition that they ordered (plus qualify for the other various variants too).

When I checked the retailer order form from a friend's comic stop for issue #4 they had no mention of the action figure variant listed so that is why the #4 Chewbacca action figure variant may be a standard 1:1 cover ratio, with no requirement on the retailer's part to order x amount of standards to qualify. Unless it was listed in a Previews Update which is possible. I thought perhaps Marvel was just doing an action figure variant for the first three issues of Star Wars but clearly that's not the case and they will continue which is nice to see. That Boba Fett #4 artist exclusive is the nicest so far I will admit.

I will check the latest order form and see if a #5 or #6 action figure variants are back as being listed in the current catalog as retailer incentives and report back.

Edited by Jugger Grimrod

It is based on if your store hit a higher projection purchase of a previous book order. Then you are added to have the option of adding these variants non ratio variants like the recent Noto varaints.

It is sometimes better for smaller stores because 150% of book X for them might be 25 copies, when a larger store, such as my local one, had to order 100 copies of (example) to get the option for the #4 Chewbacca cover. (or something similar) Marvel is the only publisher with this. Others are simple, 1:25, 1:100 ect. with no gimmicks to enable ordering of a variant.