• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Action Figure Cover Thread!

2,130 posts in this topic

I think that if you've bought from them before, you are eligible to buy a Poe before they actually go on sale.

I think that email is saying that if you haven't bought from them before, buying a Black Panther will give them the option of buying a Poe before they go on sale.

When they open the gates for full-fledged buying, I believe anyone can jump in and buy either or both, up to the quantities they are limited to.

I could very easily be mistaken about more than one thing here, though.

that is how i read it... if you arent eligible for the Black Panther pre-sale, but buy one when they go live to the public... you will get an email for the Poe pre-sale... and i am still sitting on 4 Boba B/W variants... so i will be buying one Poe for my pc and that is it...

Makes sense, thanks.

I also got my one Boba B/W and was lucky I suppose to get online to buy more two minutes after they already sold out so I didn't get (stuck with) any more copies. But that may all change if/when we see Boba in another SW movie.

Will definitely pick up a Poe B/W for the pc also.

How many copies of each will there be? Is it 3,000 like the B&W or 5,000 like the regular Boba or some other number?

I've asked. Haven't got any numbers to report.

I am done with a-hole, 90% of his books arrive damaged. Then he cops an attitude when you return them. :screwy: Who cares how limited the print run is, when most are damaged due to poor packing skills. (shrug)

But he said he learned from his mistakes...

"We learned a lot from both our previous books, and we hope we can apply some of that knowledge in making these next 2 a smoother process for everybody. Your feedback has been taken to heart. We heard the things you asked for and the way you want the process to work."

I am done with a-hole, 90% of his books arrive damaged. Then he cops an attitude when you return them. :screwy: Who cares how limited the print run is, when most are damaged due to poor packing skills. (shrug)

To be fair, I bought 5 of the first Boba version, submitted all to CGC, 4 came back 9.8's, 1 was a 9.6. There were a wide variety of experiences.

anyone getting his Black Panther cover...it's up for sale now on his site....i'll bet getting a 9.8 on this one will be difficult..

http://johntylerchristopher.com/store/

I'm getting 25 of them.

Bringing them to Calgary again like all of your variants last year?

(thumbs u

anyone getting his Black Panther cover...it's up for sale now on his site....i'll bet getting a 9.8 on this one will be difficult..

I'm getting 25 of them.

Nice. Did you ever get an answer to what the print run is for each book?

(tsk)

I'm getting 25 of them.

Nice. Did you ever get an answer to what the print run is for each book?

(tsk)

:sorry:

Actually, this kinda bothers me. It's nice to know something is limited, but limited can also be a limitless number. There really was not enough demand for the Boba B & W as some people were drawing the line on colourless covers.

Actually, this kinda bothers me. It's nice to know something is limited, but limited can also be a limitless number. There really was not enough demand for the Boba B & W as some people were drawing the line on colourless covers.

I think the Boba B&W sold out in a few hours. Folks were peeved about the process and how some could order 25 copies and others were shut out. That is why this issue has not sold at some of the inflated prices you've seen for the Star Wars variants.

I think the Boba B&W sold out in a few hours. Folks were peeved about the process and how some could order 25 copies and others were shut out. That is why this issue has not sold at some of the inflated prices you've seen for the Star Wars variants.

The Poe Dameron is limited to 1 per customer. I think in general, the B&W variants for the Star Wars line have fallen off in price with the exception of the Luke action figure B&W. And maybe the Ghiradelli one, but even for that one bargains can be found.

Speaking as one who got online 15 minutes after selling opened, I can say that the Boba B/W sold out in less than 15 minutes. :grin:

But two things really driving this are 1) Star Wars fever is waning compared to pre-TFA release and 2) Action Figure variant fatigue virtually all across the board.

There are rare exceptions that are holding value (Han, Luke B/W, even Boba color) but just about everything else in Star Wars AFs has jumped the shark.

We'll see if Poe B/W is different.

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but JTC is offering free head sketches if you order 50, 100, 150 copies and is also randomly giving away sketches for 1st, 500th ect.

http://comicsheatingup.net/2016/03/11/john-tyler-christopher-poe-dameron-covers-public-release-at-6-pm-eastern-with-a-twist/#more-13767

Hmm... doesn't make it sound very limited at all hm

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but JTC is offering free head sketches if you order 50, 100, 150 copies and is also randomly giving away sketches for 1st, 500th ect.

http://comicsheatingup.net/2016/03/11/john-tyler-christopher-poe-dameron-covers-public-release-at-6-pm-eastern-with-a-twist/#more-13767

Well, that's one way to unload all the copies he bought.......

Hmm... doesn't make it sound very limited at all hm

That is pretty wild. I was on the website just a few minutes before posting and it clearly limited me to 1 copy only. Not sure who is able to order 50, 100, 150 copies. Maybe the early birds are limited to 1 copy and when it opens up to everyone you can order more? hm