• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Action Figure Cover Thread!

2,130 posts in this topic

I think they are following the original format of when they released the action figures. (shrug)

So Yoda or the Emperor would not appear for a while if this is correct.

Correct. With the exception of Lando (for his own book) and Boba (artist variants - though the Kenner giveaway first appears on the 20cardbacks and he pops up on the 21cardback too) they have followed the 70s Kenner figure releases. The original 12cardbacks are all done, and from the 20cardbacks list, the next two should be Power Droid ("gonk" droid) and Walrus Man (Ponda Baba) though I'm not sure what order. Lando first comes up in the 31/32 ESB cardbacks, but the exception for his own book makes sense.

Curious if they'll continue all the way through the 92cardback POTF ones lol

http://theswca.com/images-speci/cardbacks/

I think they are following the original format of when they released the action figures. (shrug)

Correct. With the exception of Lando (for his own book) and Boba (artist variants - though the Kenner giveaway first appears on the 20cardbacks and he pops up on the 21cardback too) they have followed the 70s Kenner figure releases. The original 12cardbacks are all done, and from the 20cardbacks list, the next two should be Power Droid ("gonk" droid) and Walrus Man (Ponda Baba) though I'm not sure what order. Lando first comes up in the 31/32 ESB cardbacks, but the exception for his own book makes sense.

Curious if they'll continue all the way through the 92cardback POTF ones lol

http://theswca.com/images-speci/cardbacks/

Awesome! (thumbs u I was going to link to this page too. I hope they do all 92 figures myself. :wishluck:

Thank you!!! I was starting to get angry but if they are following release order then feel a little better

Thank you!!! I was starting to get angry but if they are following release order then feel a little better

Yes, this makes a lot more sense now.

I gave up all my Star Wars AF covers but this is enticing...

From JTC....

POE DAMERON #1 black & white action figure variant!

Our new favorite X-Wing Pilot will be appearing in a limited edition noir style cover. For everyone who has bought from me in the past, you will also be eligible for 1 copy during the Pre-Pre Sale, which begins on Friday, March 11th at 12:00pm noon EST. The Pre-Sale of the book will be open to the public later the same day, Friday, March 11th at 6:00pm EST.

From JTC....

Our new favorite X-Wing Pilot will be appearing in a limited edition noir style cover. For everyone who has bought from me in the past, you will also be eligible for 1 copy during the Pre-Pre Sale, which begins on Friday, March 11th at 12:00pm noon EST. The Pre-Sale of the book will be open to the public later the same day, Friday, March 11th at 6:00pm EST.

So are we all going to give this another try?

From JTC....

So are we all going to give this another try?

Nope...just wanted to make sure everyone else knew about this...

Watch, this will be the one that skyrockets in price since I'm not buying one...

"Let your friends who haven’t bought from us in the past know about the Pre-Sale and how they can get in on the Poe Dameron book if they pick up a Black Panther book before 6:00am on Wednesday, March 9th. You and your friends will receive an email later that day that makes you eligible to get in on the Pre-Pre-Sale of our next book…Poe Dameron #1 Black and White Action Variant!"

Maybe I'm reading it wrong.

Maybe it's "tell friends who never bought from JTC to buy BP and they'll get Poe email link"

I think that if you've bought from them before, you are eligible to buy a Poe before they actually go on sale.

I think that email is saying that if you haven't bought from them before, buying a Black Panther will give them the option of buying a Poe before they go on sale.

When they open the gates for full-fledged buying, I believe anyone can jump in and buy either or both, up to the quantities they are limited to.

I could very easily be mistaken about more than one thing here, though.

I think that if you've bought from them before, you are eligible to buy a Poe before they actually go on sale.

I think that email is saying that if you haven't bought from them before, buying a Black Panther will give them the option of buying a Poe before they go on sale.

When they open the gates for full-fledged buying, I believe anyone can jump in and buy either or both, up to the quantities they are limited to.

that is how i read it... if you arent eligible for the Black Panther pre-sale, but buy one when they go live to the public... you will get an email for the Poe pre-sale... and i am still sitting on 4 Boba B/W variants... so i will be buying one Poe for my pc and that is it...

that is how i read it... if you arent eligible for the Black Panther pre-sale, but buy one when they go live to the public... you will get an email for the Poe pre-sale... and i am still sitting on 4 Boba B/W variants... so i will be buying one Poe for my pc and that is it...

Lost money or barely broke even on the Boba Fett B&W so definitely not