• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ultimate Fallout 4

575 posts in this topic

Ultimate Fallout #4 9.6 @ $71 & 43 Watchers. :o:whee:

It's working ! :roflmao:

-J.

Unless you are going to call shill and somehow trace the shilling back to 2103 this book has been over $100 in 9.8 for quite a while. Its a good quality comic and the character is well written. That usually bodes well for a first appearance.

That copy isn't a 9.8 though. And a 9.6 sold for a total of 46 dollars a month ago.

-J.

Unless you are going to call shill and somehow trace the shilling back to 2103 this book has been over $100 in 9.8 for quite a while. Its a good quality comic and the character is well written. That usually bodes well for a first appearance.

I usually call BS on these fad books but this is a book that I have felt has been undervalued for a long time. I have been stocking up on these. Every time I see Bagley, I have him sign a few, in fact I had him sign five 9.8 candidates last week :banana:

-J.

That copy isn't a 9.8 though. And a 9.6 sold for a total of 46 dollars a month ago.

I agree of course but there was no hype on the book last month. And I agree there are a lot of silly price increases right now but IMO I think this book outlasts most if not all of them.

-J.

I usually call BS on these fad books but this is a book that I have felt has been undervalued for a long time. I have been stocking up on these. Every time I see Bagley, I have him sign a few, in fact I had him sign five 9.8 candidates last week :banana:

^^

This is just silly

-J.

If this book wasn't selling last month before the Sony/Marvel news broke I'd agree with you.

If this book wasn't the first appearance of a modern character I believe Marvel intends to continue using in the future I'd agree with you.

This hasn't just popped up since last week when the blogger made his rumour rumble in the media.

I guess if you had never heard of the book before and saw the latest ebay sales it would seem silly though.

In any case there is no harm in buying a few of these at low prices, I mean $5 for a 1st print or $20-30 for the variant isn't going to break anyone.

This is just silly

How is this silly? What's silly is some of the stuff on the modern ebay thread. X-Force?!? Really?? Copycat?? Come on man, that is silly to me.

Something else like X-Force 19 & Copycat also being silly does not make this topic any less silly. It just proves that multiple things can be silly at once.

This thread is sponsored by

fusilli.jpg

This is just silly

-J.

If this book wasn't selling last month before the Sony/Marvel news broke I'd agree with you.

If this book wasn't the first appearance of a modern character I believe Marvel intends to continue using in the future I'd agree with you.

This hasn't just popped up since last week when the blogger made his rumour rumble in the media.

I guess if you had never heard of the book before and saw the latest ebay sales it would seem silly though.

In any case there is no harm in buying a few of these at low prices, I mean $5 for a 1st print or $20-30 for the variant isn't going to break anyone.

The book was trending up slightly a month ago, before movie speculation was ever whispered, before Marvel and Sony struck their deal even, but it most definitely didn't pop until either of those things happened, so let's not pretend this was the result of a natural increase in demand for the book, because it most definitely is not.

This is just silly

-J.

The book was trending up slightly a month ago, before movie speculation was ever whispered, before Marvel and Sony struck their deal even, but it most definitely didn't pop until either of those things happened, so let's not pretend this was the result of a natural increase in demand for the book, because it most definitely is not.

Of course not, I agree with you. It is just naive to think there was zero demand for this book before last week.

This is just silly

-J.

Of course not, I agree with you. It is just naive to think there was zero demand for this book before last week.

There was very little. And an incentive variant selling for 10x what it was selling for a month ago is absurd, regardless of whether the character in question actually has a fan base or not.

This is just silly

-J.

There was very little. And an incentive variant selling for 10x what it was selling for a month ago is absurd, regardless of whether the character in question actually has a fan base or not.

that's a bit of an exaggeration no? I see one listed for 300 that no one is buying for that much, the rest of the sales from this weekend are around 60-90 raw and an anomaly for 130. not even close to 10x.

the first prints are selling for 10x because they were still mostly at cover price when people picked them up.

Edited by Couchy81

Yep, I agree.

They won't bench the superstar right when they get him back.

He IS the face of Marvel Comics.

He used to be the face of Marvel Comics.

There is nothing he is the leader of at Marvel comics anymore.

You don't see Spidey as the most iconic, and popular, of all the Marvel characters?

Interesting...

Who has your vote as Marvel's #1 cape?

Currently its easily the Avengers. It was the X-men for years and

still would be if Marvel hadn't de-emphasized them because they don't make any money on them anymore.

Spidey just isn't it and hasn't been for a long time. Again Sony owning him has caused this as well. You will see a re-surgence of his popularity now that Marvel has more access to the character rights now.

Please don't confuse Spidey's popularity from the 60s to 90s. I am talking in the present.

The following post is intended for entertainment purposes only, and not at all in a "My opinions are vastly more intelligent and markedly awesomer than yours." sort of way. That being said...

It's surprising how many people on these boards seem to forget how obscenely popular the Raimi Spider-Man films were. Spider-Man was the Avengers of the early aughts, outgrossing both Star Wars and LOTR at the domestic box office of the time; a time when Batman was still suffering from his ugliest black eye in pop culture terms.

And Spider-Man and Batman are honestly the only two comic book characters who have ever even been in the "most popular" conversation since I've been alive.

I absolutely love Superman, but no. Maybe he was still in contention during the 70s(at the very latest), but no one would compare him to the other guys today, right?

Wolverine and the X-Men? Decades of strong comic book sales, toys, cartoons and video games since the 90s, and even successful films for the last 15 years, have all helped the X-Men break into the pop culture consciousness. But hasn't Spider-Man done all this and more during the very same time frame? The X-Men always get the benefit of being graded on a curve.

The most successful X-Men movie ever is the box office equivalent of panic and "let's scrap this and start over" for Spider-Man. The merchandising has never been equal, and Wolverine has never been the icon that Spider-Man is. Also, how could Spider-Man's heyday have been the 60s-90s when he achieved his greatest mainstream fame and popularity after this time period? A popularity that dwarfed that of the X-Men at that very same time? I don't think it's really much of a contest.

Spider-Man is the most collected comic book character there is, and that's how it's been for the 25 years I've been selling comics-nothing flies out of the longboxes like Spidey. Still, thanks in part to some poor decision-making in the comics and films of the last decade, I'd give the edge to Batman as the overall most popular superhero. As far as the Marvel heroes are concerned though? Spider-Man is their Mickey and their Donald. It's Spidey in a landslide.

P.S. "Please don't confuse Spidey's popularity from the 60s to 90s. I am talking in the present."

In the present we find that Amazing Spider-Man #1 was the highest selling comic of 2014, and his inclusion in the Marvel Studios film universe is obviously one of the most talked about events in the comic world. Just like Peter Parker, even his failures are followed by glorious triumph.

Edited by Petey's Wheatcake

that's a bit of an exaggeration no? I see one listed for 300 that no one is buying for that much, the rest of the sales from this weekend are around 60-90 raw and an anomaly for 130. not even close to 10x.

the first prints are selling for 10x because they were still mostly at cover price when people picked them up.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=17082&item=171694353076&rt=nc&print=all&si=0eSpblYV6nEHudbz92Fy5mNQF0A%3D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=17082&item=171694353076&rt=nc&print=all&si=0eSpblYV6nEHudbz92Fy5mNQF0A%3D

I saw that, but who knows what was actually accepted. for all we know he could have got it for 150.

I think I sold my UF 4 for $17, yesterday......I guess mine wasn't VERY VERY high grade enough....plus no polybag, that thing might tack on a couple hundred $$

I didn't know they referred to 9.9 slabs as polybags these days :P