• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ultimate Fallout 4

575 posts in this topic

I still think UF #4 is a great book to own, especially if you are a Miles fan.

I just wouldn't advise buying a stack because you think he will be in some movies.

I wouldn't advise any books based on movie speculation though,

If you like Miles, you have to own one though. No doubt.

^^

This would be a tactical move on the part of Disney. The last Spidey movie showed that some interest has waned in Peter Parker as Spider-Man, at least on the big screen.

I couldn't disagree more - the problem with those last two movies, especially the most recent one, is that they were terrible. That has nothing to do with interest waning in Peter Parker as Spider-man... I don't even know how you would arrive at that conclusion.

Well since you asked. Let's start off with some critics reviews of the last Spidey movie. There's a reoccurring theme here:

I saw the movie, I read many of the reviews. The -script just sucked, it has nothing to do with Peter Parker. Nothing.

People are tired of seeing the same two Spider-man movies, how is that the character dragging it down? I agree with a lot of the points you're making about Miles, but this one is out of left field for me.

No one is going to see an awesome Spider-man movie trailer, and then when the mask comes off go "Awww man! That Peter Parker guy again?! I'm out."

It isn't going to happen. Ever.

I didn't see any of the rebooted films in theaters, and barely paid attention on cable. I'm just bored to death of Peter, Aunt May, Uncle Ben, and MJ.

Miles or even Spider-Gwen would get me back in the theatres.

This would be a tactical move on the part of Disney. The last Spidey movie showed that some interest has waned in Peter Parker as Spider-Man, at least on the big screen.

I couldn't disagree more - the problem with those last two movies, especially the most recent one, is that they were terrible. That has nothing to do with interest waning in Peter Parker as Spider-man... I don't even know how you would arrive at that conclusion.

Well since you asked. Let's start off with some critics reviews of the last Spidey movie. There's a reoccurring theme here:

I saw the movie, I read many of the reviews. The -script just sucked, it has nothing to do with Peter Parker. Nothing.

People are tired of seeing the same two Spider-man movies, how is that the character dragging it down? I agree with a lot of the points you're making about Miles, but this one is out of left field for me.

No one is going to see an awesome Spider-man movie trailer, and then when the mask comes off go "Awww man! That Peter Parker guy again?! I'm out."

I didn't see any of the rebooted films in theaters, and barely paid attention on cable. I'm just bored to death of Peter, Aunt May, Uncle Ben, and MJ.

It's easy to get bored with poorly made films with too many villains. Bringing in Miles will do nothing if the films are still poorly made with too many villains. Would Miles have saved ASM 2?

It's easy to get bored with poorly made films with too many villains. Bringing in Miles will do nothing if the films are still poorly made with too many villains. Would Miles have saved ASM 2?

*cough cough*. And what about actual comic book sales? Remember those? ASM with Peter Parker, a consistent top 5, and usually top 2 book month in and month out.

Ultimate Spider-Man with miles morales, a top 75 book, and falling every month.

There is no question who Spider-Man is that the buying and general public knows and loves and who the third rate knock off is who can't even carry a title.

Miles Morales has his place. It just will not be in any Marvel live action movies.

-J.

*cough cough*. And what about actual comic book sales? Remember those? ASM with Peter Parker, a consistent top 5, and usually top 2 book month in and month out.

There is no question who Spider-Man is that the buying and general public knows and loves and who the third rate knock off is who can't even carry a title.

Miles Morales has his place. It just will not be in any Marvel live action movies.

-J.

Is there any reason why you are so against Miles Morales? You do realize you are in a Ultimate Fallout 4 thread. Wherein that's all anyone is going to talk about. Just seems you're setting yourself up to be angry with everyone's posts. IMO, it's not worth it...

With that being said, I do think Miles and Peter Parker can both be in the movies. Two different studios... Two different Spider-Men. Kinda makes sense to me. Sony can keep making their awful movies and the MCU can have Spider-Man also! Just wishful thinking on my part. But you never know.

I'd go see a Miles movie. I'd be too embarrassed to go see 'Spider-Gwen'.

-J.

Is there any reason why you are so against Miles Morales? You do realize you are in a Ultimate Fallout 4 thread. Wherein that's all anyone is going to talk about. Just seems you're setting yourself up to be angry with everyone's posts. IMO, it's not worth it...

With that being said, I do think Miles and Peter Parker can both be in the movies. Two different studios... Two different Spider-Men. Kinda makes sense to me. Sony can keep making their awful movies and the MCU can have Spider-Man also! Just wishful thinking on my part. But you never know.

There was no discussion about this book until mis-information and false rumours started being spread regarding Marvel's plans for the movies.

That's what I'm against, and that's pretty much all this thread has been about. (thumbs u

-J.

-J.

There was no discussion about this book until mis-information and false rumours started being spread regarding Marvel's plans for the movies.

That's what I'm against, and that's pretty much all this thread has been about. (thumbs u

-J.

Sure there was discussion. It was just in several threads. Its now centralized now. I am not sure why you are just down on this book and Spider-Gwen. (I quite sure you are going to tell us.)

This modern board is full of books like this. Its almost as though you are accusing everyone here who discusses this book that they have some sort of agenda like a large conspiracy. Frankly its getting boring.

I really haven't seen anyone talking about this book other than why Sony/Disney should or shouldn't use Miles.

First, I'm not sitting on any large quantities of UF4. I own 5 first prints with no 1:25 variants. Did I buy these 5 recently? Yes, they were all purchased in the last 60 days. However, the reason I purchased these books was because of Secret Wars. When Marvel came out saying there'd only be the 616 and some characters wouldn't make it (I believe they referred to them as pizza toppings falling off after two pizzas were mashed together) and I was hoping Miles would make the cut.

Does anyone think he'll survive the Secret Wars?

I'd go see a Miles movie. I'd be too embarrassed to go see 'Spider-Gwen'.

I wouldn't, I'm shameless like that I guess. With the way things are headed, I wouldn't be surprised if someone already pitched the idea.

As for UF4, I recently bought one because I've never been satisfied with the copy I currently have and the one I got is supposed to be NM/MT, we'll see.

Jerome

Edited by jump_ace

-J.

-J.

Sure there was discussion. It was just in several threads. Its now centralized now. I am not sure why you are just down on this book and Spider-Gwen. (I quite sure you are going to tell us.)

This modern board is full of books like this. Its almost as though you are accusing everyone here who discusses this book that they have some sort of agenda like a large conspiracy. Frankly its getting boring.

Apologies, I will do my best to make my posts more entertaining for you. :foryou:

-J.

-J.

-J.

Yep, I've been discussing this book along with a lot of other people since they mentioned moving Miles into the 616. There has been a ton of discussion here and on other comic sites/boards. One thing I can tell you for sure is that if I'm discussing liking a book, I definitely own at least 1 and sometimes many copies of them. If I didn't think they were worth buying, reading, and collecting, I certainly wouldn't waste my time telling others they ought to try them out. (thumbs u

I really haven't seen anyone talking about this book other than why Sony/Disney should or shouldn't use Miles.

First, I'm not sitting on any large quantities of UF4. I own 5 first prints with no 1:25 variants. Did I buy these 5 recently? Yes, they were all purchased in the last 60 days. However, the reason I purchased these books was because of Secret Wars. When Marvel came out saying there'd only be the 616 and some characters wouldn't make it (I believe they referred to them as pizza toppings falling off after two pizzas were mashed together) and I was hoping Miles would make the cut.

Does anyone think he'll survive the Secret Wars?

Totally agree with you Cal. I have a grand total of 6 first print copies that I've picked up out of dollar bins for the last year or so. All this movie news and rumors is great but this book was getting hot even before all the rumors. It's a First Appearance of A Spider-Man and what intrigued me more was the Secret Wars stuff. Marvel basically told us that the Ultimate universe was coming to an end and Miles Morales and other characters were going to join the 616.

I feel what you're saying JayDogRules. Peter Parker is Spider-Man and I can't wait to see him in the MCU done properly. Doesn't mean there's not enough room for another Spider-Man.

bc87683ee69346e2ca8673d9bafed3817f6ef75eaf38ff92fd435256ff46003f.jpg

:roflmao:

-J.

2 quick observations.

1.) That sig line is wicked. Cap 1 is a tremendous value when you look at it when compared to the other GA keys. You're going to do very well with that.

2.) I think BA 12 has gone up 50% since you attacked that book a couple months ago. And what did your boy here tell you? That there are more HQ cosplayers than copies of that book, right? I think it might surpass Walking Dead in 9.8 by year's end.

My point? If you haven't already pick up a half dozen of these UF 4's what's the downside? $50-$60? The fact that you are repeatedly bashing it in a similar fashion to the BA 12 bodes well for the book's future pricing prospects.