• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Forum delayed posting and loading issues
2 2

1,070 posts in this topic

I think most of the time it comes and goes for most of us posting in this thread and, then, there will be a period when, say, one quarter or one third of posts/clicks take at least five seconds.

The fact that I don't experience this on other sites makes me think it's something to do with the board software.

slow10_zpspbnngpxu.jpg

It's odd that you come up with these numbers so consistently. About the worst I ever get is 6 seconds or so and that's rare. Earlier today, I disabled cache and reloaded a page every ten seconds for ten or fifteen minutes to see if I was just missing the spike... nothing. Everything was fast.

I can't really think of anything that would be so particular to individual users that some would be fast as some would be slow. Especially if most of their load time is accounted for by the time spent on queries - because that is all server side.

Clicked on page 55 to see greggy's useless post.

slow10_zps6hahpujy.jpg

slow10_zpspbnngpxu.jpg

It's odd that you come up with these numbers so consistently. About the worst I ever get is 6 seconds or so and that's rare. Earlier today, I disabled cache and reloaded a page every ten seconds for ten or fifteen minutes to see if I was just missing the spike... nothing. Everything was fast.

I can't really think of anything that would be so particular to individual users that some would be fast as some would be slow. Especially if most of their load time is accounted for by the time spent on queries - because that is all server side.

I post these screen shots from work and from home. Two different Internet providers. But that shouldn't be taken into consideration.

I like to think that this slowdown is happening to everyone, but not everybody is reporting the slowdowns in this thread. I, and a couple of other users have been more diligent in posting our results. Again, I only post screen shots of half of the slowdowns I get because I'm lazy. And I only post the ones above 10 seconds.

Generated in 59.237 seconds in which 17.454 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

These numbers make it look like your own internet connection may be a problem also. So that 17 second spike spent on the queries is definitely high. But what's interesting is that you have an even longer delay just downloading the page.

Also, I am not seeing how the speed of Ditch's Internet connection has anything to do with the times he posted. He could be using a 1200 baud modem and the time for that particular page to be generated would still have been 59.237 seconds. Or am I missing something?

I think most of the time it comes and goes for most of us posting in this thread and, then, there will be a period when, say, one quarter or one third of posts/clicks take at least five seconds.

The fact that I don't experience this on other sites makes me think it's something to do with the board software.

:idea:

slow10_zpspbnngpxu.jpg

He is still using AOL dial-up!

Generated in 15.286 seconds in which 15.272 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Clicking on a thread on the GA board. The previous page had loaded in 0.039 seconds. Clicking on this thread, the page loaded in 0.022 seconds. Drastically different outcomes within one minute's time.

slow10_zpspbnngpxu.jpg

I post these screen shots from work and from home. Two different Internet providers. But that shouldn't be taken into consideration.

I like to think that this slowdown is happening to everyone, but not everybody is reporting the slowdowns in this thread. I, and a couple of other users have been more diligent in posting our results. Again, I only post screen shots of half of the slowdowns I get because I'm lazy. And I only post the ones above 10 seconds.

Generated in 59.237 seconds in which 17.454 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

These numbers make it look like your own internet connection may be a problem also. So that 17 second spike spent on the queries is definitely high. But what's interesting is that you have an even longer delay just downloading the page.

Also, I am not seeing how the speed of Ditch's Internet connection has anything to do with the times he posted. He could be using a 1200 baud modem and the time for that particular page to be generated would still have been 59.237 seconds. Or am I missing something?

Could the server path be part of the problem?

Maybe certain areas have some sort of commonality?

I rarely see pages longer than 15 seconds but I still see below 15 seconds far too often.