• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Forum delayed posting and loading issues
2 2

1,070 posts in this topic

Generated in 0.028 seconds in which 0.014 seconds were spent on a total of 16 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

One more shin kick for you next week.

Generated in 0.028 seconds in which 0.014 seconds were spent on a total of 16 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Generated in 0.035 seconds in which 0.019 seconds were spent on a total of 16 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Generated in 0.035 seconds in which 0.019 seconds were spent on a total of 16 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Generated in 0.024 seconds in which 0.011 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Generated in 0.024 seconds in which 0.011 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

You are going to run out of shins in a hurry.

You are going to run out of shins in a hurry.

Generated in 0.031 seconds in which 0.016 seconds were spent on a total of 16 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Generated in 59.237 seconds in which 17.454 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

These numbers make it look like your own internet connection may be a problem also. So that 17 second spike spent on the queries is definitely high. But what's interesting is that you have an even longer delay just downloading the page.

You would see that kind of behavior if, for example, your own internet connection was saturated, or was having spikes of poor quality. That could be either in general - meaning anything you loaded at that same time would be slow for you (as long as it wasn't cached locally) or a problem with specific paths through the internet.

Have you tried using an online speedtest to check your upload/download speeds during these spikes?

I noticed the delta between the two numbers, and this is the first I've seen that; but I don't know why it occurred. I didn't do a speed test on that particular incident, but I've done them before during delays and not seen an internet slow-down. Also, this is literally the only site I see loading delays on.

I'm usually ~20 Mbps download and ~10 Mbps upload through wi-fi, higher if hooked direct. I generally don't have any problems where I'm living now.

If I see a big delta again, I'll immediately run a speed test and post that as well.