• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Forum delayed posting and loading issues
2 2

1,070 posts in this topic

Moving from one thread to another in CG

Generated in 30.639 seconds in which 30.616 seconds were spent on a total of 29 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

And then immediately trying to access this thread.

Generated in 76.399 seconds in which 48.529 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

An immediate Internet Speed Test.

c0K4eHi.jpg

Generated in 76.399 seconds in which 48.529 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Close to your high score!

I actually get quite disappointed when I don't break it. All that waiting for nothing. :sumo:

I think these sporadic slow downs are most likely caused by search activity. Thinking about either replacing it or just turning it off.

In the meantime, I added some caching that may help.

Hey Arch, check the time stamps on the above.

#8745792 - 07/16/15 01:42 PM (PST) 98.707 second delay LINK

#8769326 - 07/27/15 01:44 PM (PST) 92.596 second delay LINK

I think that's too close to be a coincidence.

Think you're right. I'll check logs for that time. I also have reduced the search availability to 1 year, and stopped guests from searching.

Since the search function isn't the culprit of the slowdowns, can you bump it back up to two years? Or even four years like it once was?

Generated in 30.639 seconds in which 30.616 seconds were spent on a total of 29 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

c0K4eHi.jpg

My download speed at work is only 4 so it must be you.

xoxo

greggy

Generated in 0.006 seconds in which 0 seconds were spent on a total of 9 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

c0K4eHi.jpg

xoxo

greggy

Generated in 0.006 seconds in which 0 seconds were spent on a total of 9 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

:)

My other computer is hooked directly...no WiFi. I get near 100 Mbps, and I've seen these delays on that one too.

PS - tell your employer to sack up and get a real connection. :grin:

c0K4eHi.jpg

xoxo

greggy

:)

My other computer is hooked directly...no WiFi. I get near 100 Mbps, and I've seen these delays on that one too.

PS - tell your employer to sack up and get a real connection. :grin:

Generated in 0.007 seconds in which 0 seconds were spent on a total of 9 queries. Zlib compression enabled.