• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Forum delayed posting and loading issues
2 2

1,070 posts in this topic

• Administrator

hm. Interesting. We installed an SSD for the database drive early last week. I wanted to see if anyone experienced a difference without biasing the perception, but it doesn't look like it helped with the spikes.

Did anyone feel the performance increase apart from those experience spike slow downs?

• Administrator

Anyone want to generate a har file and send me a PM with a link to it? If the problem really is the database queries, this won't tell us much, but if something else involved this will - and it will at least increase the confidence that it's a database issue.

To generate the HAR file

Open Google Chrome and go to the page where the issue is occurring.

From the Chrome menu bar select View > Developer > Developer Tools.

From the panel opens at the bottom of your screen, select the Network tab.

Look for a round Record button (Record button) in the upper left corner of the Network tab, and make sure it is red. If it is grey, click it once to start recording.

Check the box next to Preserve log.

Click the Clear button (Clear button) to clear out any existing logs from the Network tab.

Now try to reproduce the issue that you were experiencing before, while the network requests are being recorded.

Once you have reproduced the issue, right click anywhere on the grid of network requests, select Save as HAR with Content, and save the file to your computer.

Upload your HAR file somewhere (google drive, whatever) and send me a link

Anyone want to generate a har file and send me a PM with a link to it? If the problem really is the database queries, this won't tell us much, but if something else involved this will - and it will at least increase the confidence that it's a database issue.

To generate the HAR file

Look for a round Record button (Record button) in the upper left corner of the Network tab, and make sure it is red. If it is grey, click it once to start recording.

Click the Clear button (Clear button) to clear out any existing logs from the Network tab.

Now try to reproduce the issue that you were experiencing before, while the network requests are being recorded.

Once you have reproduced the issue, right click anywhere on the grid of network requests, select Save as HAR with Content, and save the file to your computer.

How much power to the flux capacitor? The usually 1.21 gigawatts?

To generate the HAR file

:makepoint:

To generate the HAR file

lol