• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING starring Tom Holland (7/28/17)
3 3

1,648 posts in this topic

I'd love to see a Kravens Last Hunt adaptation.

:applause:

That would be even better than Mysterio -the guy in a green drape with a fish bowl in his head.

So, you'd prefer to see the guy who dresses like Rod Stewart chasing Spidey?

I'm picturing the 'Hungry Like the Wolf' video and it's pretty great.

I'd love to see a Kravens Last Hunt adaptation.

That would be even better than Mysterio -the guy in a green drape with a fish bowl in his head.

So, you'd prefer to see the guy who dresses like Rod Stewart chasing Spidey?

And I can hear Spidey's smart reply as he's being chased.

IF YOU WANT MY BODY, AND YOU THINK I'M SEXY, COME ON KRAVEN LET ME KNOW!!!

I think they gotta go Scorpion.

Mutated like the animated series...not just a suit like spiderman 1.

Scorpion would be cool, but they need to wait until I get a copy of ASM 20 for my collection. lol

:news: SPOILERS WARNING if you read the full article. :news:

How Spider-Man's Role in 'Captain America: Civil War' Will Impact 'Homecoming'

The Homecoming comic book, published in 1984, features Spider-Man coming back to New York after spending some time with the Avengers. That makes it a pretty good jumping off point for the Homecoming movie, even if the source material was published two decades before the Civil War arc. In the book, Spider-Man brings the black symbiote costume back to the city; that symbiote eventually clings to Eddie Brock and becomes Venom; that would make for a solid choice for the first villain in the new Spidey franchise, as he was absent from the brief Garfield run.

Tony Stark will be making an appearance in Homecoming, though how deeply he will be involved obviously remains to be seen.

But unlike in the Civil War comic, Spider-Man doesn’t defect to the side of Captain America in Friday’s movie, making his collaboration with Iron Man way more likely than any sort of fractious relationship.

At the same time, Peter doesn’t exactly make enemies with Team Cap, either, so there’s plenty of room for appearances by other heroes not aligned with Stark and his loyalists. But for the most part, even without an origin story, Homecoming is going to have to do the heavy work of re-establishing a whole new group of characters without going overboard in the way the Garfield Spider-Man films, which were so desperate to create its own “cinematic universe,” ended up doing.

Obviously Kraven need a more contemporary design- that pretty much goes without saying. However, the story is solid, and offers up a unique resolution in that the enemy of the movie defeats himself.

But you'd rather focus on Freddy Mercury running around in Tarzan themed underwear. hm

Original SPIDER-MAN Tobey Maguire Officially Passes The Torch To Marvel's New 'Spidey' Tom Holland

Over the weekend, Tom Holland finally made his long-awaited debut as Spider-Man in the jaw-dropping Captain America: CIvil War and brought a whole new iteration of Marvel's greatest creation to life for the latest generation of youngsters. However, for many, myself included, on the same weekend fourteen years ago, Tobey Maguire managed to pull off the same feat, providing the definitive take on Spidey for nearly two decades when he starred in Sam Raimi's critically acclaimed Spider-Man trilogy, which despite a relatively disappointing finale, is still widely considered to contain two of the best comic book movies ever, with Spider-Man 2 often said to be one of the top three, if not the, greatest comic book movie ever.

In a funny fan-made video, posted to Maguire's official Instagram account, the former Spidey gives his seal of approval and officially passes the torch to Holland's well-received take on the hero.

wXXdtOO.png

That's really cool on Tobey Maquire.

Kevin Feige Talks In Detail About Bringing SPIDER-MAN Home And The Spectacular Abilities Of Tom Holland

How the deal came together:

"It came down to an initial lunch between myself and Amy Pascal and then many subsequent phone calls and meetings where I basically suggested that they should allow us to creatively produce the film for them. I don’t know how serious any of those ticking clocks ever were. On some characters, that was the case, with Spider-Man there were many years in between those films and I don’t think that was ever the case. They had all the time in the world to keep making those movies. It became a question of…we are not good at helping, just occasionally giving input or occasional feedback or comments in a screening or on a -script. I had done that a little bit on the earlier Amazing Spider-Man films. It doesn’t really work because you become one voice among many."

"I said the only way - the best way that we could help is if you let us do it for you. It stays a Sony character and Sony pays for it and Sony makes the profits from the film and it is marketed and distributed by the entire Sony team. That deal was agreed to, over many discussions. Thankfully, it’s now been well over a year and step one in our two-step plan is unveiled this weekend. So far, the response has been a dream come true in introducing him. Instead of it being the third reboot of the Spider-Man character, it becomes the first version of the Spider-Man character that we reveal has been inside the MCU. To Amy’s credit and to Tom Rothman - who now has been at the helm at Sony as we’ve been actively putting it all together - their support has been spectacular in allowing us to bring him into this world."

How they decided on Tom Holland:

"His presence in Civil War was meant to be the counterpoint. The other heroes have a lot of history together. They have a lot of angst, they have a lot of geopolitical issues that they’re dealing with, and it’s heavy. This kid basically feels like he hit the jackpot. The most famous man in the world, Tony Stark, asks him to go to Germany and participate with the Avengers and he loves every minute of it. That’s fun. That’s who Spider-Man is, and we can and will do much more of this in Spider-Man: Homecoming. You saw it in the comics; he constantly talks. In Civil War he goes up against Falcon and at one point Falcon says, “I don’t know if you’ve been in a fight before, but there’s usually not this much talking.” That’s Spider-Man to us. That’s what we love. Tom Holland - God bless him - is that in real life. This amazing young English actor who was brought over here, got into our audition process and suddenly found himself in a room, doing a scene with Robert Downey. I swear it, the exact dynamic that we wanted between Peter Parker and Tony Stark, we had between Tom Holland and Robert Downey Jr."

Saw it. Loved it.

My gripes:

Cap should have died. They had a few choice opportunities at the climax of the film to do it, and I feel they failed in that regard. What benefit is there to them setting up the Secret Avengers? I guess that remains to be seen.

Also, I'm sure they have a good reason for keeping Rhodey alive, but if not Cap, someone had to go and it could very easily have been him. My guess is he'll take on the Iron Man mantle after RDJ, otherwise really, WHY IS HE ALIVE? :o I did love how it was the Vision that hit him, though.

:o

Michael Keaton Back in Talks as Spider-Man: Homecoming Villain

While actor Michael Keaton had once passed on the role of the lead villain in Spider-Man: Homecoming, it looks like he could still take the job after all. Keaton is back in talks with Sony and Marvel, Variety reports, and is close to a deal that's beneficial for all.

The first rumors of his casting hit in April 2016, with signs pointing to the Vulture as the main villain of the film, coincidental since Keaton recently played a retired superhero actor famous for his role as "Birdman" in the movie of the same name.

Sony Pictures and Marvel Studios are producing the film together, but Sony is funding the Spider-Man solo movies, and apparently concerns over actors' salaries came up after they signed Robert Downey Jr. to the cast, reprising his role as Tony Stark, Iron Man. Downey, it sounds, will be the primary connecting factor between the Marvel Cinematic Universe's previous films and Spider-Man, after Stark recruited young Peter Parker in this month's Captain America: Civil War.

:o

Michael Keaton Back in Talks as Spider-Man: Homecoming Villain

While actor Michael Keaton had once passed on the role of the lead villain in Spider-Man: Homecoming, it looks like he could still take the job after all. Keaton is back in talks with Sony and Marvel, Variety reports, and is close to a deal that's beneficial for all.

The first rumors of his casting hit in April 2016, with signs pointing to the Vulture as the main villain of the film, coincidental since Keaton recently played a retired superhero actor famous for his role as "Birdman" in the movie of the same name.

Sony Pictures and Marvel Studios are producing the film together, but Sony is funding the Spider-Man solo movies, and apparently concerns over actors' salaries came up after they signed Robert Downey Jr. to the cast, reprising his role as Tony Stark, Iron Man. Downey, it sounds, will be the primary connecting factor between the Marvel Cinematic Universe's previous films and Spider-Man, after Stark recruited young Peter Parker in this month's Captain America: Civil War.

:whee:

I agree. Vulture doesn't cut it. But they've pretty much ruined everyone else.

I know it's a reboot or whatever, but my memory still remembers the terrible Doc Ock, Venom, Lizard and Electro.

Sandman, was actually a good surprize. Rhino was terrible, but can be redeemed since it was mostly a cameo.

I cannot see him doing Kraven. Which would be awesome.

Not sure what villain would really suit him to be honest