• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING starring Tom Holland (7/28/17)
3 3

1,648 posts in this topic

Mysterio? That would be pretty cool

I have been hoping for Mysterio for awhile. They need time to rehabilitate Green Goblin but I think Dock Ock, Sandman and Venom could be rehabbed much more quickly.

My Top 5 for Villains Who Have Not Yet Appeared on Screen:

Mysterio

Kraven

Morbius

Jackal, and for a more "street level" villain

Tombstone or Mr. Negative

The Spider-Slayers could be cool but not as the main baddie.

I like the idea of Morbius, but I think they need to build up to that. The original Spidey villain that would be interesting & which nobody has mentioned, is the Chameleon.

I would like to see Michael Morbius stealing Peter's vial of blood like TAS & the next movie to feature the vampire he turns into.

I just don't really want him to play Vulture...I see the Vulture as one of the least inspiring villains..

That can be said about most Spider-Man villains.

Other than maybe Batman, who has a better rogue's gallery than Spider-Man????

Literally everyone. Even more true if you are talking about characters that can be adapted for the big screen without coming off completely ridiculous.

I like the idea of Morbius, but I think they need to build up to that. The original Spidey villain that would be interesting & which nobody has mentioned, is the Chameleon.

I would like to see Michael Morbius stealing Peter's vial of blood like TAS & the next movie to feature the vampire he turns into.

...and bring in Blade, like they did in TAS. Then Blade and Morbius can move to a Blade Netflix show!

Doc Ock in part 2 was great.

Disagree

Disagree with your disagree. So there!

:baiting:

Doc Ock in Spider-Man 2 was fantastic how he was portrayed. Especially the human side of the character, where he was so loving with his wife and driven mad by her death due to his scientific demo. So you didn't just hate the guy for being a villain. You saw him more as a tragic figure in an amazing story.

Disagree

Doc Ock in Spider-Man 2 was fantastic how he was portrayed. Especially the human side of the character, where he was so loving with his wife and driven mad by her death due to his scientific demo. So you didn't just hate the guy for being a villain. You saw him more as a tragic figure in an amazing story.

Agree with Bosco. Yet again. (Any one who disagrees with Bosco does so at their own peril). :grin:

Alfred Molina is a great actor, and he played Doc Ock superbly.

Disagree

Agree with Bosco. Yet again. (Any one who disagrees with Bosco does so at their own peril). :grin:

Alfred Molina is a great actor, and he played Doc Ock superbly.

:taptaptap:

I just don't really want him to play Vulture...I see the Vulture as one of the least inspiring villains..

That can be said about most Spider-Man villains.

Other than maybe Batman, who has a better rogue's gallery than Spider-Man????

Literally everyone. Even more true if you are talking about characters that can be adapted for the big screen without coming off completely ridiculous.

Oh please.

Almost every character in comics, if you *really* think about it, is ridiculous. Let's not kid ourselves here. But to say Spidey's rogue gallery isn't one of the best in comics, well, we can agree to disagree.

I agree. Vulture doesn't cut it. But they've pretty much ruined everyone else.

I know it's a reboot or whatever, but my memory still remembers the terrible Doc Ock, Venom, Lizard and Electro.

Sandman, was actually a good surprize. Rhino was terrible, but can be redeemed since it was mostly a cameo.

I cannot see him doing Kraven. Which would be awesome.

Not sure what villain would really suit him to be honest

Terrible Doc Ock? I'll have to disagree with that one. The first two ASM with Tobey Maguire were great.

I liked Doc Oct in Spidey 2 actually still my favorite Spidey movie. Not sure what it is you didn't like about it but would like to hear your thoughts.

Let's bring on the Sinister Six! Or do a remake of the symbiote storyline.

Is the Vulture the confirmed new movie villain? Read something about Michael Keaton being confirmed in the movie but not sure if it's truly finalized (shrug)

That's a really good question, as I am not sure it was clearly confirmed Michael Keaton was being encouraged to take on the Vulture. It was assumed based on his Birdman role.

DEADLINE: Michael Keaton Joins ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ After All – Is He The Vulture?

Michael Keaton, who in April was in early talks for a villainous role in the Sony-Marvel collaboration/reboot Spider-Man: Homecoming before falling out, is back in the mix again and we’ve been told his deal has closed. He apparently is set to play iconic Spider-Man villain The Vulture and joins newly minted Spider-Man Tom Holland along with Marisa Tomei and Robert Downey Jr. who are also confirmed.

But now the story as of yesterday is he has definitely signed on, and that it is the Vulture.

Vincent D’Onofrio Addresses Rumors of Kingpin in Spider-Man: Homecoming

For some, Marvel’s movies and TV shows are best kept separate, but for others the separation represents a missed opportunity. For instance, in Marvel comics Kingpin has long been an adversary of Spider-Man as well as Daredevil. That has led to some speculation that Vincent D’Onofrio’s Kingpin might make an appearance in Spider-Man’s next solo movie, Spider-Man: Homecoming. With Michael Keaton cast as Homecoming‘s villain, that possibility now seems pretty dim. In case there was any doubt, though, D’Onofrio himself has weighed in.

7x3FIB7.png