• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING starring Tom Holland (7/28/17)
3 3

1,648 posts in this topic

Could Michael Mando Be Carnage In Spider-Man: Homecoming?

michaelmando-carnage-187518.png

On Wednesday, it was reported that Orphan Black and Better Call Saul actor Michael Mando has joined the cast of Spider-Man: Homecoming, though no details were provided on his role. However, yesterday, the official Better Call Saul Twitter account strongly hinted that Mando is playing Cletus Kasady, the demented and violent felon that becomes Carnage.

110ubfQ.jpg

:o

Huh...so the man child is going to take on Carnage...

Is carnage just going to appear out of thin air? Probably. Might have to totally skip this one.

Amazing Spiderman was a quirky take, but it made some sort of sense. To just jump Venom and go straight to Carnage is just lunacy.

Hope there is a lot more news coming

I do. Reason being they are using social media to show it off when they could just make the damned things and release them. Nothing wrong with just having trailers, but all this hype before a movie is developed, well be prepared for these comments.

It's like I tell my students: if you go into a class saying, "I can't do this," you're already setting yourself up for failure. Same way I look at things like this. If everybody expects it to be horrible, everybody will go watch the movie just looking for all the negatives and that will definitely make the movie seem horrible.

Also, this is almost a lose-lose situation. I remember people talking about how cool Carnage would be in a film. Now that it's a rumor, people are ripping it and saying they can't just skip Venom. On the other hand, if they announced they were going to have Venom, people would complain and say to do something we haven't seen in a film already. :shrug:

You go to movies for the sake of going to movies, don't you.

A lot of people do, which is why some movies get made for the sake of being made.

I'm of the opinion that if Cletus Kasady does make an appearance, it will just be as the crazed lunatic, to set up the Venom/Carnage duo in future films.

This is what I am hoping they are planning. It just doesn't make sense otherwise.

Or rather, it wouldn't be true to the storylines we all know. Making a film with just using a character and using a completely different storyline is their prerogative. They own the character, they can do whatever they feel like.

I'm of the opinion that if Cletus Kasady does make an appearance, it will just be as the crazed lunatic, to set up the Venom/Carnage duo in future films.

This is what I am hoping they are planning. It just doesn't make sense otherwise.

Or rather, it wouldn't be true to the storylines we all know. Making a film with just using a character and using a completely different storyline is their prerogative. They own the character, they can do whatever they feel like.

Well we do know that they like to mess with the Marvel comic continuum based on how Ultron was presented as a Stark/Banner/Strucker creation rather a Pym creation. I don't think they will go that route with Carnage though. Besides, they already have some main villains in the film between Vulture & the terrible tinkered. I think there will be a lot of set up for future Spidey films in this one though. I can see Parker having Amadeus Cho as a rival class mate for example. Just small things that will be built upon over the course of the new franchise. I expect they will want to make at least 6 Spidey films with Holland (especially since he's in the MCU now) & he's the perfect look/age for a 12+ year commitment as Spidey. They can have 2 - 3 Spidey films where he's in high school & then another 3 - 4 with him in college.

I believe it would take at least 4 Spider-Man movies to do the symbiote/Venom/Carnage justice.

1.Parker fights random villain, Brock is a bully/rival, Kasady is a background character.

2. Parker gets black suit and fights another major villain, shames Brock, Brock becomes Venom at the end, Kasady still a background character

3. Entire movie of Spider-Man vs Venom, Kasady is now in prison

4. Brock breaks out of prison, Kasady gets Carnage symbiote, Venom an Spider-Man team up against him

I believe it would take at least 4 Spider-Man movies to do the symbiote/Venom/Carnage justice.

1.Parker fights random villain, Brock is a bully/rival, Kasady is a background character.

2. Parker gets black suit and fights another major villain, shames Brock, Brock becomes Venom at the end, Kasady still a background character

3. Entire movie of Spider-Man vs Venom, Kasady is now in prison

4. Brock breaks out of prison, Kasady gets Carnage symbiote, Venom an Spider-Man team up against him

5. Most of this has been done already. They can't find a better storyline?