• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING starring Tom Holland (7/28/17)
3 3

1,648 posts in this topic

First Look At Tom Holland In The Wall-Crawler's New Suit On The Set Of SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING

FOQ3g5M.jpg

There have been rumblings all week that Tom Holland was spotted on the set of Spider-Man: Homecoming in costume as the wall-crawler, and thanks to Looper, those photos are finally here. It's not entirely clear what's going on here as they've been taken out of context , but the young hero appears to be riding inside (or on top of) a concrete tube as it's transported on the back of a lorry.

Spider-Man's costume hasn't changed all that much since we first saw it in Captain America: Civil War, but this is hopefully the first of many set photos to come. Rumour has it that a big name star not yet announced has also been spotted on set (could they be playing J. Jonah Jameson?), so this could be a very exciting few weeks for those of you who can't wait for Spider-Man: Homecoming to hit!

That suit looks like a cheap Halloween costume. I didn't see Civil War yet, did it look that bad in that movie too?

looks fine in Civil War mostly, a lot of it has to do with lighting, angles, and CGI touch-ups. I'm not sure what story line will be told in the movie, but in reality, imagine the type of costume you would make if you were 15 years old, your parents died, you had super strength, and you were from NYC, and you were kinda poor (but not destitute). The above avg intelligence may help a bit, but not that much. It SHOULD look like a Halloween costume.

That suit looks like a cheap Halloween costume. I didn't see Civil War yet, did it look that bad in that movie too?

looks fine in Civil War mostly, a lot of it has to do with lighting, angles, and CGI touch-ups. I'm not sure what story line will be told in the movie, but in reality, imagine the type of costume you would make if you were 15 years old, your parents died, you had super strength, and you were from NYC, and you were kinda poor (but not destitute). The above avg intelligence may help a bit, but not that much. It SHOULD look like a Halloween costume.

I see your point but I'd offer the counter that the movie is based on a fantasy world where a kid has super spider powers and being as it's not grounded in reality anyway the suit should look better than a cheap Halloween costume.

I see your point but I'd offer the counter that the movie is based on a fantasy world where a kid has super spider powers and being as it's not grounded in reality anyway the suit should look better than a cheap Halloween costume.

Spider-Man is sort of grounded in reality. That's the appeal for a lot of people. He's a young kid, living a normal life, doesn't have money, etc. It would be a little weird for a high school kid to suddenly have enough money for a great suit as soon as he's bitten.

Freshman, sure.

I suppose that is the point. I ran across Spiderman in the late 80's/early 90's, so I was used to him being in his 20's I guess

Freshman, sure.

I suppose that is the point. I ran across Spiderman in the late 80's/early 90's, so I was used to him being in his 20's I guess

It at least sets Sony/Marvel up to have more than a few films before he looks 30. lol

True enough. If it makes it that far. Remember Amazing only made it to 2 when it was supposed to be 3.

And we are probably lucky it didn't make it lol

Tyne Daly Cast In Spider-Man: Homecoming

tyne-daly-188209.jpg

Cagney and Lacey and Judging Amy star Tyne Daly has joined the cast of Spider-Man: Homecoming in an as-yet-undisclosed role, Deadline reports.

The six-time Emmy winner has recently had guest spots in Grey's Anatomy, Burn Notice, and Modern Family, along with her stage career. She is a Tony Award-winner and a 2011 American Theatre Hall of Fame inductee.

She's no newcomer to comic book adaptations; she once appeared in the Swamp Thing TV series, and both her brother Tim Daly and his son Sam have played Superman in animated productions.

THE NICE GUYS Breakout Star Angourie Rice Joins The Cast Of SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING

zj0niowras.jpg

We thought the Spider-Man: Homecoming cast had finally filled out, but now THR reports that 15-year-old Angourie Rice will also make an appearance in the Marvel/Sony reboot, following her highly praised turn in Shane Black's The Nice Guys.

Her exact role is being kept under wraps, but some recent set snaps seem to confirm that the rest of the younger cast members are playing Peter Parker's (Tom Holland) high-school pals, so there's a decent chance Rice will be too. The question is, will that character be someone familiar to comic fans?

Gwen?